Chevy or Ford

I12RIDE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a used 03 6.0 4door long bed powerstroke like 64,000 miles and it already had an oil leak, the door switches were messed up it always thought the doors were open :headbang1: . i probally would have got a duramax but they want so much damn money for em and coming from being a gmc guy i didnt like the ford at first and im still really not impressed, i put a banks 6gun and 4in exhaust and just about everyones takin bets on how long till my 6.0 blows up. now as far as chevy or dodge diesels i cant say much cuz im new to diesel stuff. but i just wanted to say i own a ford and maybe bias to chevy but im not really impressed with ford so far.

i bought a used 03 6.0 4door long bed powerstroke like 64,000 miles and it already had an oil leak, the door switches were messed up it always thought the doors were open :freakin_nuts: . i probally would have got a duramax but they want so much damn money for em and coming from being a gmc guy i didnt like the ford at first and im still really not impressed, i put a banks 6gun and 4in exhaust and just about everyones takin bets on how long till my 6.0 blows up. now as far as chevy or dodge diesels i cant say much cuz im new to diesel stuff. but i just wanted to say i own a ford and maybe bias to chevy but im not really impressed with ford so far.

thats because your looking for love in all the wrong places dodge won the truck war a long time ago your still pondering 2nd and 3rd place................................... :dunno:

i bought a used 03 6.0 4door long bed powerstroke like 64,000 miles and it already had an oil leak, the door switches were messed up it always thought the doors were open :freakin_nuts: . i probally would have got a duramax but they want so much damn money for em and coming from being a gmc guy i didnt like the ford at first and im still really not impressed, i put a banks 6gun and 4in exhaust and just about everyones takin bets on how long till my 6.0 blows up. now as far as chevy or dodge diesels i cant say much cuz im new to diesel stuff. but i just wanted to say i own a ford and maybe bias to chevy but im not really impressed with ford so far.

I have owned Chevy's since I was 17yrs old. This is my first Ford. In my opinion, you should have done your home work and got the 7.3l like I did. It's not as fast as the Dodge and Chevy. The Ford 6.0 would have keep in the race. But, as for reliablity, 7.3 is your answer! :dunno:

thats because your looking for love in all the wrong places dodge won the truck war a long time ago your still pondering 2nd and 3rd place................................... :DDRrocks:

i must have missed this truck war i guess, but im stuck in this ford for awhile tho so we'll see how the next 30,000miles turn out, i know my 1500gmc is sitting outside next to the ford not leaking a drop and never been on a towtruck in 100,000+miles except for one time because of operator error(fried the ecu playing with the predator tuner) the reason i bought this ford was because i plan on buying a toyhauler that would push the limits on my gmc, and it never did anything to me to deserve it and everyone i know that owns a diesel has a ford except 2 people and they have a cummins and a duramax. but the cummins and duramax guy dont say much about their trucks and the ford guys couldnt stop talkin about thier fords so i figured they must be a really good truck, apparently they have shortman syndrome? dont get me wrong so far i like my 4door long bed 6.0diesel f350 but compared to what? my reg cab short bed 5.3gas 1500gmc? i dont have much to compare too. but it gets me to work and out riding so far and thats all that matters! :icon_twisted:

i must have missed this truck war i guess, but im stuck in this ford for awhile tho so we'll see how the next 30,000miles turn out, i know my 1500gmc is sitting outside next to the ford not leaking a drop and never been on a towtruck in 100,000+miles except for one time because of operator error(fried the ecu playing with the predator tuner) the reason i bought this ford was because i plan on buying a toyhauler that would push the limits on my gmc, and it never did anything to me to deserve it and everyone i know that owns a diesel has a ford except 2 people and they have a cummins and a duramax. but the cummins and duramax guy dont say much about their trucks and the ford guys couldnt stop talkin about thier fords so i figured they must be a really good truck, apparently they have shortman syndrome? dont get me wrong so far i like my 4door long bed 6.0diesel f350 but compared to what? my reg cab short bed 5.3gas 1500gmc? i dont have much to compare too. but it gets me to work and out riding so far and thats all that matters! :icon_twisted:

We have all been there. Next time maybe research it more. It took me six months to find my truck. I didn't want the 6.0l. Everytime I called a lot on an ad, it was sold. Finally, I found it and drive down within 30min and bought it.

We have all been there. Next time maybe research it more. It took me six months to find my truck. I didn't want the 6.0l. Everytime I called a lot on an ad, it was sold. Finally, I found it and drive down within 30min and bought it.

my chevy is my first diesel as well. I bought it Nov of 2005. At that time, all I had to compare it to was a toyota tacoma, and my wife's tahoe z71.

many of my friends had the new 6.0 *(sick) liter, and had many problems with them. I noticed that the dodge 5.9 had been out for awhile, and the duramax, even though there were injector issues from 01-03, it seemed like the new bosch injectors took care of that problem mid-late 03. that is what I based my decision on.

I sat in, and drove a dodge, and ergonomically compared to the chevy, I didn't like it. i f drive anything daily, I have to be comfortable in it, ya know??

sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your ford.

I currently own a 2500HD / 2001. I could not wait to get one. So I bought it before it was availible with the Duramax. I have the 8.1 gasser. It has just over 100,000 miles. I want a diesel bad. I have been really researching this topic and I think each truck has its own pluses and minuses. Chevy has always had a better ride than Dodge or Ford. The Dodge and Ford have proven engines. The Chevy has the Allison trans. If it is pure torque you want, the Dodge has them all beat. (You cannot run an auto trans behind their H.O. motor because the motor will grenade the trans. You have to run the 6 speed manual.) Izusu has been making commercial diesels for a very long time. So.........................for me it's going to be a Chevy with Duramax and Allison. I almost "settled" for the Cummins wrapped in crap, what was I thinking?????? :offtopic::laughing::dunno: :dunce: :slap:

I currently own a 2500HD / 2001. I could not wait to get one. So I bought it before it was availible with the Duramax. I have the 8.1 gasser. It has just over 100,000 miles. I want a diesel bad. I have been really researching this topic and I think each truck has its own pluses and minuses. Chevy has always had a better ride than Dodge or Ford. The Dodge and Ford have proven engines. The Chevy has the Allison trans. If it is pure torque you want, the Dodge has them all beat. (You cannot run an auto trans behind their H.O. motor because the motor will grenade the trans. You have to run the 6 speed manual.) Izusu has been making commercial diesels for a very long time. So.........................for me it's going to be a Chevy with Duramax and Allison. I almost "settled" for the Cummins wrapped in crap, what was I thinking?????? :offtopic::laughing::dunno: :dunce: :slap:

:laughoff::laughoff::ninja:

I currently own a 2500HD / 2001. I could not wait to get one. So I bought it before it was availible with the Duramax. I have the 8.1 gasser. It has just over 100,000 miles. I want a diesel bad. I have been really researching this topic and I think each truck has its own pluses and minuses. Chevy has always had a better ride than Dodge or Ford. The Dodge and Ford have proven engines. The Chevy has the Allison trans. If it is pure torque you want, the Dodge has them all beat. (You cannot run an auto trans behind their H.O. motor because the motor will grenade the trans. You have to run the 6 speed manual.) Izusu has been making commercial diesels for a very long time. So.........................for me it's going to be a Chevy with Duramax and Allison. I almost "settled" for the Cummins wrapped in crap, what was I thinking?????? :thumbsdown::driver::dunno::flipoff: :angry2:

first off your research is skewed severly. i have the ho with an automatic and my trans is still orginale i pull a box trailer loaded with 14,000 pounds. 60,000 miles later no trouble the new body style also came with beter motor trans and more structural quality.

chevy has had a boat load of trouble, as much as dodge, so to say that, your saying there all wrapped in crap. isuzu desighn was a mess and now there trying to improve it . fleets wont touch em cause of the costs and reliability issues. so go wrap your self in your chevy flag so you can be wrapped tightly in crap !!!!!! :idiot:

first off your research is skewed severly. i have the ho with an automatic and my trans is still orginale i pull a box trailer loaded with 14,000 pounds. 60,000 miles later no trouble the new body style also came with beter motor trans and more structural quality.

chevy has had a boat load of trouble, as much as dodge, so to say that, your saying there all wrapped in crap. isuzu desighn was a mess and now there trying to improve it . fleets wont touch em cause of the costs and reliability issues. so go wrap your self in your chevy flag so you can be wrapped tightly in crap !!!!!! :thumbsdown:

I wouldn't call 60,000 miles an indicator of anything.....60,000 miles, sh*t, some people drive that in a year.

Plus I'm sure that rail of yours doesn't run a Dodge motor :driver::dunno::flipoff:

I cant believe this is still going. They are all great trucks. Most will work just fine for 96% of all people. When you see a big trailer though , you more eften then not see a dodge in front of it.

post-634-1173833053.jpg

The real question...do you think your truck can pull that? BTW, Vegas to dumont, and back home, then back to the same station to fill up, 20 gallons going easy it. Last trip was 25 gallons but it only took an hour and 20 minutes each way.

I cant believe this is still going. They are all great trucks. Most will work just fine for 96% of all people. When you see a big trailer though , you more eften then not see a dodge in front of it.

post-634-1173833053.jpg

The real question...do you think your truck can pull that? BTW, Vegas to dumont, and back home, then back to the same station to fill up, 20 gallons going easy it. Last trip was 25 gallons but it only took an hour and 20 minutes each way.

Jon, you ain't got chit on me with that little thing! :chat: :mc_smiley:

I don't get the best mileage, but it still hauls a$$!

post-3-1173835872.jpg

"I can't even feel it back there!!!!!" :DDRrocks:

post-634-1173833053.jpg

Not true. Not even close. I have sat at the signal (Bear Valley) and watched 8 out of 10 trucks pulling a trailer is a Ford F250/F350 :mc_smiley:

lol, that was great!

yes you see a lot of fords, they sell a lot of them. You dont see many being used for business, for hauling, or with really big trailers. Some but not a lot.

Mostly, older retirees that were probably ford people there whole life pulling the 30-40 ft 5th wheel, probably 10k miles a year, maybe 60-100k miles total on the rig before they stop and sell.

lol, that was great!

yes you see a lot of fords, they sell a lot of them. You dont see many being used for business, for hauling, or with really big trailers. Some but not a lot.

Mostly, older retirees that were probably ford people there whole life pulling the 30-40 ft 5th wheel, probably 10k miles a year, maybe 60-100k miles total on the rig before they stop and sell.

Are you kidding? :mc_smiley: From the fire dept, to the ambulance trucks, Rail Road. Ford is used. Do your home work... :DDRrocks:

Edited by Bound4Dirt