Cleanup coverage

SailAway

The weekly TV show, At Your Leisure (www.atyourleisure.info), was on hand during the cleanup filming the event. The show aired last night and there's a brief write-up on it already. The video of the program itself won't be available for a couple of days. They don't usually provide a link to the video but because Dumont Dunes attracts people from all over, they're going to do it for us. :D

Here's the link to the wrap-up:

http://www.atyourleisure.info/episodes.asp...&category=1

Vicki

Yes they did! But others should have been mentioned as well and I'm working on getting that fixed. You know reporters... selective hearing. ;)

I just got word that the link to the actual show will be up by tomorrow afternoon. :dunno:

Vicki

That's very cool, Vicki! :D Hopefully that will help spread the word about the annual Dumont cleanups put on by FoDD and it will continue to grow showing the positive side of Dumont to certain groups that see it in a different light. :dunno:

:idiot: you know this was my first clean up and being by myself the wifey watching the kid and dog . me collecting trash on my quad . i seriously think that the dunes deserve a little more respect , from the people that use them . i know alot of people can't get off of work to help out in a clean up event . but with ddr having 2,000 plus active :blink: members and a guestimate of 1,000 showing up from all forums for the clean up, not to mention the people that don't hang out on ddr or fodd . i seriously think that a clean up of a place we enjoy to ride :laughoff: should be as big as if not bigger than a presidents day weekend turn out .just my :isbb: we need to fight these comi's trying to shut down the dunes :laughoff:

:idiot: you know this was my first clean up and being by myself the wifey watching the kid and dog . me collecting trash on my quad . i seriously think that the dunes deserve a little more respect , from the people that use them . i know alot of people can't get off of work to help out in a clean up event . but with ddr having 2,000 plus active :blink: members and a guestimate of 1,000 showing up from all forums for the clean up, not to mention the people that don't hang out on ddr or fodd . i seriously think that a clean up of a place we enjoy to ride :laughoff: should be as big as if not bigger than a presidents day weekend turn out .just my :isbb: we need to fight these comi's trying to shut down the dunes :laughoff:

You are absolutely correct, Pete. In time it will grow though. Every year it gets bigger and more and more people hear about the cleanup.

Hey, maybe we (everyone from DDR) can do some mini-cleanups throughout the year? :blury:

:blink::laughoff: hey were talking about dumont and sand dunes not nellis dunes . oh hold on i blinked ,wheres the dunes :laughoff:

:idiot: You know what I mean. Yah! Domont is not in Navada But....it's all about conservation. And anyone who is willing to go out and help out and save it All. Good Peeps. BTW Saving the lizards. I fell in about 100 holes. They were fun to watch. I thought it was soooooo funny the family was out there and then they turned loose 2 young boys out into the desert to pick up trach and then........ :isbb: Bugs and Lizards and such. To funny to see.

:idiot: You know what I mean. Yah! Domont is not in Navada But....it's all about conservation. And anyone who is willing to go out and help out and save it All. Good Peeps. BTW Saving the lizards. I fell in about 100 holes. They were fun to watch. I thought it was soooooo funny the family was out there and then they turned loose 2 young boys out into the desert to pick up trach and then........ :blink: Bugs and Lizards and such. To funny to see.

j/k but you know what ? back at you :isbb::laughoff::laughoff:

Edited by warrior07

out of all seriousness . i think it was way cool for at your leisure to come all the way out there to film the clean up .without everyones support it would'nt have happened good job to all that organized the event sorry i was in the

post-638-1174971761.jpg

during the festivities but i was out there to help clean-up & cool off :thumbsdown::banghead:

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm being too critical. I know they actually did three interviews... the one they picked, another one moments before that one and the one they did at the end of the cleanup. Of the three, I thought the one at the end would give the audience a better idea of just who and what Friends of Dumont Dunes is. But... I can see that the one they chose gives it a more "festive" feel which probably fits closer to their programming.

There's a "blog" too... let me see if I can find that link...

Vicki