Warranty issues with 5th wheel company

CaptNkllm

because i bought me 5'r out of town. Cals refuses to do warranty work. I have breaks that just stop working because they are overloading and they will not stop my truck. 16,000 lb going down the street and no brakes and cals doesnt want to fix them. 4 month old trailer!! I assume a big lawsuit after a crash but whose going to live to follow through?

I have tried Cal at his office and he wont call back. Ill never buy anything from these guys.

All this because he was 20,000. higher on cost and i went to ca to buy it, and now hes mad cuz he lost a trailer sale but now ill never buy from him at all now..

Capt

PS... CAL'S BOAT AND RV SUKS :beercheers: :eatdrink021: :beercheers::drinkbeer: :mc_smiley:

That is why we went to wheelers, did not really want to deal with their sales people at all. I was ready to buy from Utah and the day we were going to put the deposit down, Wheelers called back and scrambled to give us a good price when they learned we were going to go to Utah to by a trailer. They not only matched the price, but put in more options. Plus they told us something similar to what you are going thru, in that if we did not buy from them that when it came to service the would always put us to the back of the list over their customers. So if our trailer was in their shop and a customer of theirs came in after us they would basically stop work on ours and work on their customers. Good thing auto dealers do not do this.

wheelers worked on my warrior after i had bought it from giantrv took a while but is was a wall structure deal . i also think the serivce dept was going thru changes also . funny thing is the trailer has a big giant rv sticker on the back they never gave me any slack . they also parked it backed up to there chain link fence for everybody to see giant rv advertisement :eatdrink021:

as for cal's :beercheers: accused me of stealing a drop hitch that i walked in to match up the holes for a longer one (i walked in plane as day sales people even saw me get out of my truck and walk in with it ). they did'nt have the right one so i walked out . all of a sudden they come out to me and ask me to show them my receipt :beercheers: .may have been a miss understanding from the goof that accused me but don't jump to conclusion . i won't even step foot in the that place .. i don't mean to bash and i should have showed everyone in the place as i walked in but for now they will not get my bizz . we were even considering a raptor before the warrior .there loss i guess. :drinkbeer:

Good thing auto dealers do not do this.

Don't bet on that, bring your non dealer bought auto to the dealer when there busy and see how long it will sit there!

Most good RV dealer's will deal with you when you price match just tell them what you can buy it for else where and compare apples to apples.

Captnkllm call the manufacture and tell them that you are having problems getting it fixed and they will deal with the dealer.

:beercheers::drinkbeer::beercheers: :eatdrink021:

Don't bet on that, bring your non dealer bought auto to the dealer when there busy and see how long it will sit there!

Most good RV dealer's will deal with you when you price match just tell them what you can buy it for else where and compare apples to apples.

Captnkllm call the manufacture and tell them that you are having problems getting it fixed and they will deal with the dealer.

:drinkbeer::drinkbeer::beercheers::beercheers:

Raptor said they are working on fixing the problem and that was it.... nothing.....big help lol

Capt

That is why we went to wheelers, did not really want to deal with their sales people at all. I was ready to buy from Utah and the day we were going to put the deposit down, Wheelers called back and scrambled to give us a good price when they learned we were going to go to Utah to by a trailer. They not only matched the price, but put in more options. Plus they told us something similar to what you are going thru, in that if we did not buy from them that when it came to service the would always put us to the back of the list over their customers. So if our trailer was in their shop and a customer of theirs came in after us they would basically stop work on ours and work on their customers. Good thing auto dealers do not do this.

same here thats why i bought mine in town, just so i can get it serviced in town

Raptor said they are working on fixing the problem and that was it.... nothing.....big help lol

Capt

Well this is not good advertisement for them I’m not in the market right now but if anybody asked me I will tell them to stay away from all of them (Raptor and Cal’s)

Good luck getting it fixed

:drinkbeer::drinkbeer::beercheers::beercheers:

Edited by dinicolada

same here thats why i bought mine in town, just so i can get it serviced in town

Ditto for us. Although now, when we have any issues, we're probably going to take it to the Upland repair shop. Wheeler's service (at least the last time we were in there) was terrible. Trailer was there 3 weeks and they called us to tell us it was ready. Went down to pick it up and they hadn't done any of the 5 things it was in there for. :beercheers:

Ditto for us. Although now, when we have any issues, we're probably going to take it to the Upland repair shop. Wheeler's service (at least the last time we were in there) was terrible. Trailer was there 3 weeks and they called us to tell us it was ready. Went down to pick it up and they hadn't done any of the 5 things it was in there for. :beercheers:

I would have been SO pissed off, did ya rip 'em a new one?!?

Jackie (dunesmurf) has had some major issues with them also.

Ditto for us. Although now, when we have any issues, we're probably going to take it to the Upland repair shop. Wheeler's service (at least the last time we were in there) was terrible. Trailer was there 3 weeks and they called us to tell us it was ready. Went down to pick it up and they hadn't done any of the 5 things it was in there for. :laughoff:

Ditto on Wheelers, so I dont know if it helps that you buy it in town. I had electrical issues, had my weekend warrior in Wheelers for 6 WEEKS. finally went to get it, and I also have my convection oven falling back into the cabinte, those parts they say are on order. It hAS NOW BEEN OVER 3 MONTHS and no word YET. Called there last week, and course you cant talk to the service advisosrs as they are ALWAYS with a customer. So I left a message.. THE WAITING GAME IS STILL ON.. I am thinking they make it another 5 months or so and the 2 year warranty will be out, so I'LL be stuck I guess......................

I don't understand why everyone is buying Weekend Warriors. Yes, they are very nice trailers, but they are more expensive than most of the other brands, and from what I have seen, they have nothing but problems! Seems like a lot of money to blow on bad quality. Does anyone on the board have a WW that has'nt been in the shop??? :dance: Sometimes paying extra for a name is'nt the best way to go. Just my .02 cents. Sorry, I know :laughoff: As for the Raptor or Cal's, that's the first negative thing I've heard about them. Thanks for the info.

We went with a weekend warrior due to floor plan, looks and quality. Plus the fact that three of the many dealers we visited said that WW was on the top of the list for best trailers. We tried to look at a Raptor several times, but CALS SUCKS!!!!

I don't understand why everyone is buying Weekend Warriors. Yes, they are very nice trailers, but they are more expensive than most of the other brands, and from what I have seen, they have nothing but problems! Seems like a lot of money to blow on bad quality. Does anyone on the board have a WW that has'nt been in the shop??? :dance: Sometimes paying extra for a name is'nt the best way to go. Just my .02 cents. Sorry, I know :laughoff: As for the Raptor or Cal's, that's the first negative thing I've heard about them. Thanks for the info.

Dont get me wrong about my rant with Wheelers.. I am NOT knocking Weekend Warrior at all... when I buy another it WILL BE a Weekend Warrior again.. The problems I had were and are VERY minor, only made a BIG deal since Wheelers doesnt really care unless you are buying there 400-500K coaches....I am just upset that Wheelers takes there own sweet time because they can.............................................................

Edited by Paul Rob

this is what I have found that works better than dealers fixing your th

find a repair only facility. not one associated with a dealer. the sale is how the dealers make 90 percent of their money...their service department is an afterthought for warranty repairs.. frankly, they don't give a rats azz what happens in their service department, from my experience

the only way a repair only facility makes money is on repairs, and they want you back for that, sothey do a good job.

call your manufacturer, tell them you want place X to do the warranty work, and they should ok it.

good luck

^^^^ I agree that the Weekend Warriors are nice trailers. All I am trying to say is that EVERY single person I know who owns one has had numerous problems with their trailer. Add to that all the posts I've seen on the board here stating the same thing. Granted, most of them are minor issues covered under warranty, but then if you live in Vegas you get the added bonus of dealing with Wheeler's. I just think that if you're gonna drop that much $$$ on a trailer, you should get one that isn't constantly needing repair. Just my opinion. :laughing:

You have to keep in mind the amount of trailers that wheelers sells in comparison to others. If you have more trailers out there, you will hear more people talk about them good or bad.

We bought our Raptor from Cal's 3 months ago and I have nothing but great things to say about their service department so far. We had a few warranty items to be fixed (nothing major). We dropped it off for a couple weeks, they fixed what they could and ordered the parts. We picked up the trailer from them to go to Dumont for the weekend and then took it back. They had the parts in and the trailer fixed within a week. We got a great price on our rig, too. Better than anyone from out of town.

We were told that because we got our rig from them, if our trailer comes in at the same time as another and the other one wasn't bought from them, then ours would be put ahead of the other. Who have you spoke with at Cal's in the service dept?

I don't understand why everyone is buying Weekend Warriors. Yes, they are very nice trailers, but they are more expensive than most of the other brands, and from what I have seen, they have nothing but problems! Seems like a lot of money to blow on bad quality. Does anyone on the board have a WW that has'nt been in the shop??? :handshake: Sometimes paying extra for a name is'nt the best way to go. Just my .02 cents. Sorry, I know :thumb: As for the Raptor or Cal's, that's the first negative thing I've heard about them. Thanks for the info.

Mine hasn't Glen, so :laughing::clap:

On any given weekend I have from 1 to 100 peeps in mine and all I have replaced was a toilet seat, faucet and battery... :drinkbeer::drinkbeer: Seriously though....What's the ratio of WW to other haulers.....there are more WW than all the others combined, which of course will lead u to believe they have more issues than others. Honestly, I think all toy haulers are POS'S.

Edited by wingnut

No manufacturer is immuned to problems. All trailers/toyhaulers come complete with their "quirks". (I'm sure motorhomes do too.) A thorough pre-delivery inspection should rule out any major problems, but the little things will only crop up with use.

Our toybox is a Tahoe by THOR, CA. We had an issue with the bathroom door not latching, Johnnie Walker's fixed it before we picked it up. They even installed a little flip-down table by the front door for me free of charge. THEN came the electric queen bunks, had it in twice for that problem. It only took a few days each time to get them fixed. The slide out had an issue once, also resolved quickly, and then came the separation problem 2 months out of warranty!! THOR authorized JW's to fix it and it didn't cost us a cent. It did take 4 days longer than estimated, but we had it back in time for New Year's weekend. :clap:

Just got a recall notice in the mail today in regards to a furnace (ventilation) problem!! :thumb: Comes with the territory when you buy a brand new model. Oh well.

Edited by dinicolady

We bought our Raptor from Cal's 3 months ago and I have nothing but great things to say about their service department so far. We had a few warranty items to be fixed (nothing major). We dropped it off for a couple weeks, they fixed what they could and ordered the parts. We picked up the trailer from them to go to Dumont for the weekend and then took it back. They had the parts in and the trailer fixed within a week. We got a great price on our rig, too. Better than anyone from out of town.

We were told that because we got our rig from them, if our trailer comes in at the same time as another and the other one wasn't bought from them, then ours would be put ahead of the other. Who have you spoke with at Cal's in the service dept?

put it this way i don't care how much money you have or were you bought it from, if it has a warranty it gets takin care of just like anybody elses cause warranty all still pays the same . i've heard of people leaving thier rig at a dealer for months cause his fuel station door won't open without a screwdriver .aka warrior 07 :clap: . pick it up from the dealer if you want to use it and bring it back thats what i've learned :thumb: all i'm trying to say is if there selling point is to tell you if you have a warranty issue bring it back you'll be first in line cause you bought it from us sounds like a sales pitch from joes used car emporium . once your warranty is over sit back and get ready to wait in line .my :drinkbeer:

Edited by warrior07

Here is what I would do if I was in your shoes..

I would create the same topic ad GD.Com as well as a couple the major RV/Trailer forums.. Then get in contact with a regional sales manager @ Raptor as well as Carls and direct them to this thread. You may also want to direct the dealer you bought it from to the threads as well. The fact that it could hurt or help their business will get them working for you too. Make them all aware that this is no way to service a customer, especially one who has an issue like a braking problem that could result catastrophic consequences. In the end, the public will make a judgment based on the way your issue is dealt by all those accountable and accordingly, it will either be good or bad for business.

If you handle it diplomatically and NOT out of frustration, you might be surprised how they will respond. An issue like this can be VERY bad for business. A brake problem, could result in injury and even death and for a dealer to refuse to work on it when they get paid by the Mfg to perform warranty service just compounds things for the Mfg. Depending on how you look at it, it also demonstrates the dealers potential disregard for the safety of Rators customers and even its own. I don’t think the dealer has the right to deny you warranty service.. I think that if you make it a public enough matter, the appropriate people at Raptor will want to turn this around for you in order to save face in the publics eye. Then, if they do right by you, you make that known.

All things considered, the service managers @ Raptor will NOT be your best ally. The regional sales managers whose income depends on sales volume will on the other hand be your best ally not to mention that they also will have the most influence over your local dealer. Issue like these can and usually do result in loss of business if they are made public.

Make sure you document every call, conversation as well as messages you leave as the facts will speak for themselves.

Bottom line.. Bad PR is PR, but this can also be used as an opportunity for a company like Raptor to turn this around and get some decent exposure. Service is everything especially after the sale. You just have to "lead that horse to water" and he will drink!

Edited by scott