New Dumont fees for 07/08 season

dunefreak

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has the new fee structure been set in stone yet or are there still some issues to be worked out?

From what I understand- yes. It is set in stone and will go into effect as of Oct 1st, 2007. They (BLM) are still working out the details as to where the passes will be sold, but I think that's the only thing.

Has the new fee structure been set in stone yet or are there still some issues to be worked out?

It is not set in stone yet. The BLM still needs to discuss the fees with the RRAC (Recreation Resource Advisory Council) when it is established and publish the information in the Federal Register. Next TRT meeting is August 21st where I'm sure this will be a main topic. The information above was given out at the last DAC meeting in the Barstow field managers report.

Edited by Sanduners

I might be wrong, But I thought Dumont did have a daypass/ weekend use fee.

Pismo has a $5 a day pass / $10 a night but they also have a guard at the gate from 6-10 (day use times)

$20.00 to ride at Dumont doesnt seem unreasonable to me.

Not unreasonable at all when you consider the price to ride the rides at Disneyland or any other amusement park, and they aren't even half the fun that Dumont provides! :thumb:whoop.gif Talk about an "E" ticket attraction!!!!

Personally I think $20 is chump change when you consider the cost of participating in our sport/hobby.

30 dollars for 7 days (40 if it includes a holiday weekend......personally i think it should be 50 or 60 on the big weekends, cuz that's when all the effen flatbillers show up and effe everything up for the rest of the duning community...effen DEE DEE DEE's) isn't that bad at all

compare it to skiing/snowboarding, where a 1 day pass at Mammoth runs 70-80 bucks, and a freekin season pass runs 1600 bones....GAWD

If 10 bucks is gonna break you, or cause you not to make a trip, then a financial review is in order for you.

season passes @ 90- 120 bucks is still a good deal too.....thats like 2-3 trips to pissmo beeeeeatch

30 dollars for 7 days (40 if it includes a holiday weekend......personally i think it should be 50 or 60 on the big weekends, cuz that's when all the effen flatbillers show up and effe everything up for the rest of the duning community...effen DEE DEE DEE's) isn't that bad at all[/b]compare it to skiing/snowboarding, where a 1 day pass at Mammoth runs 70-80 bucks, and a freekin season pass runs 1600 bones....GAWD

If 10 bucks is gonna break you, or cause you not to make a trip, then a financial review is in order for you.

season passes @ 90- 120 bucks is still a good deal too.....thats like 2-3 trips to pissmo beeeeeatch

Some of us can only go on the big weekends because of the extra time off from work. It isn't just a 2 hour drive for us so we want to make the trip out there worth it. Not all of us are flatbillers :laughoff: and I think $40 a weekend is O.K. but lets not crazy. :clap:

(I will be buying a season pass) :thumb:

Some of us can only go on the big weekends because of the extra time off from work. It isn't just a 2 hour drive for us so we want to make the trip out there worth it. Not all of us are flatbillers :coocoo: and I think $40 a weekend is O.K. but lets not crazy. :finger:

(I will be buying a season pass) :clap:

i am from Bakersfield, so you still have a shorter drive than me. :thumb:

i know you arent a flatbiller......i don't think any flatbillers (at least ones that would admit it ) are on this site

the way I see it is that a majority of the money spent by the state @ dumont happens on the big weekends. due to need for enforcement.

thanks to all the idiots that go out on the big weekends, and do things they wouldn't normally do, like run their daily driver up comp hill and bury it to the framerails :laughoff: the fees go up, but not just on the big weekends...........it's like duning welfare in my opinion, and I don't like that aspect of it, but 30-40 dollars for a week of solitude and some bitchen dune riding is still a steal, imo

:laughoff:

i am from Bakersfield, so you still have a shorter drive than me. :laughoff:

your an hour closer than me... Porterville

thanks to all the idiots that go out on the big weekends, and do things they wouldn't normally do, like run their daily driver up comp hill and bury it to the framerails :flipoff:

hey i like those guys! i make money off of getting them unstuck all the time! stupid novice duners

Edited by redswr

your an hour closer than me... Porterville

hey i like those guys! i make money off of getting them unstuck all the time! stupid novice duners

and there are time that they provide funny, free entertainment. But, i think we can all agree that the duning community would be a better place without them

:laughoff:

Jason, aren't you glad they don't consider Super Bowl weeknd a "BIG" one!?! Seem to remember that it's one of the best duning weekends going but we'll keep that secret to ourselves.

Are you gearing up for DS Days? Doesn't look like Casey will be able to make it. Football...

Jason, aren't you glad they don't consider Super Bowl weeknd a "BIG" one!?! Seem to remember that it's one of the best duning weekends going but we'll keep that secret to ourselves.

Are you gearing up for DS Days? Doesn't look like Casey will be able to make it. Football...

it not looking good right now :thumb:

my wife wants to do some "improvements" to the backyard, which include cement, more covered patio area, an possibly a complete outdoor kitchen under more shade.

its def gonna cut into my duning funds for that weekend...so i doubt it

one of these years............................

:idiot::stirthepot:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it sounds like alot. But it reminds me of a sign at a marine shop that says,

" Don't stand there on your $100,000+ boat and b*tch about a $100 part!"

The same could apply to this, I know I have at least that wrapped up in toys and I don't even have a rail, just atv's, truck and hauler. As long as it goes back into helping make it better. Besides you can't fight it.

I'm sure they've seen how much they made off the old passes. Why not jack it up. Money doesn't seem to be an object at comp hill or at most camps out there.

Money doesn't seem to be an object at comp hill or at most camps out there.

You havent seen my checkbook have you.. I think this year im gonna buy the season pass as i anticipate going more than 3 times :P ITs a necessary evil and im not gonna complain because without our pass money how else would we get a upgraded and improved river crossing, a "UPGRADED" road, so on and so forth.

THIS IS SOO STUPID WHEN I WAS LIL IT WAS FREE....AHHH THE GOOD OL DAYS :lol:

I hear ya....BUT many things have changed since then as well. You can't just sit back and complain about those things either though.

As time goes on some things are gonna happen no matter what. It sucks, but what are you gonna do? :banghead:

I'll tell ya what I plan on doing this coming season: buy a season pass, hope that the funds are put back into Dumont how they are supposed to, and then go duning as many damn weekends as I my wallet allows. :headbang1::MBdance::laughoff::flipoff::D

It is probally posted somewhere in these 5 pages but I am to lazy to read through them all.

When you buy an annual pass does it start from the month you purchased it to the following year or is it only good for that physical year and than you have to re purchase it in o8?

And if we don't buy a pass right away how much will it be for us halloween weekend?

It is probally posted somewhere in these 5 pages but I am to lazy to read through them all.

When you buy an annual pass does it start from the month you purchased it to the following year or is it only good for that physical year and than you have to re purchase it in o8?

And if we don't buy a pass right away how much will it be for us halloween weekend?

The annual passes are good for Oct 07 thru Sept 08.

The fees are on the homepage and also---> http://www.dumontduneriders.com/dumont_info.html :lol:

The annual passes are good for Oct 07 thru Sept 08.

The fees are on the homepage and also---> http://www.dumontduneriders.com/dumont_info.html :lol:

Thanks Pete I saw that but I guess what I am asking is that it say's 7 day pass for $30.00 but what if you aren't going for 7 day's,is it still the 30 or is it really 40 with the $10.00 extra charge for the holiday?

Thanks Pete I saw that but I guess what I am asking is that it say's 7 day pass for $30.00 but what if you aren't going for 7 day's,is it still the 30 or is it really 40 with the $10.00 extra charge for the holiday?

Yep, Halloween weekend would be $40 for one day or 7.