check it out broke 2 bones leg and ankle

vegas style

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im up and healed i have riden a little back to work lifes little bump has been crested still some swelling and ache but i would say 80% back..... thanks for all the good words and thoughts so glad to be working and making some $$$ 90+ days no income with a morgage and truck payment + living you get a good look at the bottom and its a coming fast.... alls good now!

• 2 weeks later...

im up and healed i have riden a little back to work lifes little bump has been crested still some swelling and ache but i would say 80% back..... thanks for all the good words and thoughts so glad to be working and making some $$$ 90+ days no income with a morgage and truck payment + living you get a good look at the bottom and its a coming fast.... alls good now!

Boots.... Look at the Gaerne Boots.. I bought a pair of SG-10's. They are the most comfortable boots I have worn, and dont have the "arch knot" like Alpinestars...

• 8 months later...

this being the first bone I have broken its all new to me. and just luck or karma pay back all the people involved have been great my friends getting me out of the dunes and to the ER to all the medical staff that have helped St rose hospital ER and the doctor that the hospital sent me too Dr martin and my dad helping out around here and getting me set for next week. I have nothing to complain about it was a accident im not in much pain ill be fine and I have a new story to tell with a scar!

As this is one year to the day at the same time i was being wheeled into the hospital. i thought i would bring this thread to the top.

would like to say thanks to everyone that helped me out. took the doctors office starbucks and flowers this week. today i feel 95% ankle gives me few problems. it is a little deformed on the inside and doesnt like tight boots yet but hope to get some riding boots over the summer that will work. i do have a full set of nerf bars with heal guards now. sure glad that was last year and not this year work was better then and it was easier to manage 4 months down. the first big job i did when i went back to work i over did and was down for another 3 weeks.

but life is good now the season went well only 1 minor crash. looking to add a sidexside with the 450r next year. here are some pics that were deleted.

post-978-1208744908_thumb.jpg

post-978-1208744965_thumb.jpg

post-978-1208745281_thumb.jpg

post-978-1208745419_thumb.jpg

post-978-1208745842_thumb.jpg

Edited by vegas style

As this is one year to the day at the same time i was being wheeled into the hospital. i thought i would bring this thread to the top.

would like to say thanks to everyone that helped me out. took the doctors office starbucks and flowers this week. today i feel 95% ankle gives me few problems. it is a little deformed on the inside and doesnt like tight boots yet but hope to get some riding boots over the summer that will work. i do have a full set of nerf bars with heal guards now. sure glad that was last year and not this year work was better then and it was easier to manage 4 months down. the first big job i did when i went back to work i over did and was down for another 3 weeks.

but life is good now the season went well only 1 minor crash. looking to add a sidexside with the 450r next year. here are some pics that were deleted.

:beerpint::beerpint: good times...goooood times... :MBdance: what a day that was... my wife still wont let us take just one truck. shes crazy but she's only looking out for us.

I'm sure glad our last trip didn't end this way. :beerpint: to another year of ddr and Dumont...good times...good people!! :headbang1:

• 11 months later...

:ah: WOW that sux

Get better soon, I feel your pain...well kinda....we were out there this weekend too. The weekend was cut short when my friend broke his wrist, nose, and split his cheek open following me over a drop off.

:ah: WOW that sux

Get better soon, I feel your pain...well kinda....we were out there this weekend too. The weekend was cut short when my friend broke his wrist, nose, and split his cheek open following me over a drop off.

this was 2 years ago just marking the date

ill have time to post pics and xrays but the short story is i was leading a ride on the north side. didnt see the razor jumped 25-30 feet landed it but me foot went thru the plastic heel guard and got mangled and stuck under the tire...........

thanks to my best buds for the dune rescue and the hospitle trip. surgery or 2 in a week................ sweet!

Get well soon Big Guy. There is time to heal........ until we meet again at the "Jerky Stand" :DDRrocks: .

Whoops, Just noticed I'm a year or so late.....Oh well I'm entitled to a senior moment or two!

Edited by SANDAWG