holidays

Warrior07

just curious on why alot of duners and off road enthusiests stop with the holidays at home and spend more time duning or offroading . cause this year my wife and i are making a packed to stop the tradition at home and hit dumont for the holidays as much as possible. except christmas :beercheers:

I dont have much family here anyway, so I would rather be out duning with friends and having a good time away from all the typical holiday drama. :think::think::laughing::beercheers:

i here ya on the drama factor.a little bit of this :laughoff: and a little bit of that :blink: always happens i rather have more of this :laughing::stick_smack::laughing:

The days off work and school at holiday time make longer weekends for dunes.

Plus I think it's to chill with friends and avoid the family drama(for some families, not mine).

Some of my family go to the dunes together. :laughing::ban-split:

BTW,

Today's a holiday! :dope:

Why do people walk in the streets on holiday's like today?

:dunno:

Sorry :laughing:

Edited by Randog

We don't have any family in our area, and its just the two of us soo why sit home and stare at eachother going :laughing: its a holiday? We don't have any kids at home, so holidays have just become another day. When my son does come to visit, all he wants to do is go riding and camping! We won't argue with him on that one!

We would rather be out doing what we love. Yes we even go out at Christmas! This year Dumont for Christmas! :ban-split:

Not only to get together with my friends but usually kids are out of school don't have

to take them out to make a long weekend of it :laughing::ban-split::dunno:

Yeppers, that's pretty much how it got started for us too. Halloween weekend, NV day observed so we get a jump start on the Californians. Thanksgiving, leave Wed afternoon for a nice looooong weekend with some good friends, and some family from Davey's branch of the family tree camping with us. The kids want NOTHING to do with camping at Christmas, besides, where would I put the tree?!? :laughing:

^^^^^ Damn straight Don! I never have thought of holidays as different from any other day, Pete just always had an extra day off work so we went to Dumont. But it is way to crazy; I'd rather go on an off weekend. Of course, there are more people in town on "holidays" too. I'll just stay home! B)

Halloween at Dumont good times with family and friends, :banghead: for Thanksgiving we go on Friday because we have Great Grandma's that don't do the dunes :no_no: . We go for New Year's but not Christmas. Don't think we will do President's Weekend again it is really crazy that weekend. We do those weekends because no work and kids aren't in school and we can stay longer for this :grin::coocoo: and this :driver::dope: .

Ah yes... I forgot about Halloween. I go just to party and see the craziness at comp, worth the risk. It's a perfect weekend to do a very little bit of :coocoo: and a whole lot of :banghead:

It's also a great way to get rid of all those stickers we end up with from the sand show, the trick or treaters love em!

We don't have any family in our area, and its just the two of us soo why sit home and stare at eachother going :coocoo: its a holiday? We don't have any kids at home, so holidays have just become another day. When my son does come to visit, all he wants to do is go riding and camping! We won't argue with him on that one!

We would rather be out doing what we love. Yes we even go out at Christmas! This year Dumont for Christmas! :banghead:

Can we decorate a tree with fire works?

We wanted to start our own family tradition with our kids. We chose to stop getting together with our families at the holidays to avoid the drama/chaos. There always seemed to be someone drinking/getting high and starting a fight with someone. :finger: :no_no: And also since the kids have more days off it enables to stay longer. Hopefully we are teaching our kids a great tradition that they will want to pass down to thier own children some day. :freakin_nuts:

We don't have any family in our area, and its just the two of us soo why sit home and stare at eachother going :2cents: its a holiday? We don't have any kids at home, so holidays have just become another day. When my son does come to visit, all he wants to do is go riding and camping! We won't argue with him on that one!

We would rather be out doing what we love. Yes we even go out at Christmas! This year Dumont for Christmas! :laughoff:

DUMONT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many more days?

:dance: :beerpint:

Can we decorate a tree with fire works?

Will you be there? I didn't think Maureen would ever give up her holiday at home?