Dumont ride report

Premium Malt

Well I had a great ride. It was hot as fk but I handled it. Went to Dumont over the weekend for a little dirtbike trip. We got there friday afternoon and rode all night. We were pretty tired from the drive so after our ride we just relaxed, took some shots, made a bon-fire, and some nice hot dogs :blury: We woke up about 6am on Saturday, rode all mornig, hit up comp hill(main hill there), raced some b*tches, hit some sand jumps, just had a good time till it gets way to hot. Around noon we ride back to camp and relax. Go out for maybe 20mins at a time. sh*t was like 100+ mid day. So we sat there till about 5-6pm just watching trucks get stuck in this patch of really soft sand. We saw about 7 people get stuck in one day.

One guy got his truck and his big a$$ 5th wheel stuck pretty bad. This big a$$ f-150 tried to pull him out but the 5th wheel was just to heavy to pull. So they unhook the 5th wheel so this big a$$ f-150 or something can pull out this sierra. Well they get the 5th wheel unhooked and they didnt lift it high enough. Uh o, bad news already. This f150 just puts the peddle to the floor and the 5th wheel hitch ends up ripping off the sierra's tail gate. :D Boy what a site. So the 150 pulls the sierra off to the side and takes off. Well the f*cker gets stuck again. So we have the 5th wheel(mind you it is huge) just chillin practically sitting in the middle of the road This guys truck off to the side stuck again. So he justcalls triple A and they come out with a f*ckin tracktor, Long story short, the tractor handled getting the truck and the 5th wheel out. Guy goes off a and we never see him again.

During this big a$$ fiasco, some one in a sand rail flies over the top of this big a$$ dune and lands like 80ft down the the back side in some big a$$ bowl. Had to be air lifted out. They were on the back side of the dune so recovery was not so easy. They were on that dune for about 3 hours(mind you it is 100+). They guy had a broken leg, and the lady had internal bleeding. Some one with a sand rail had to go and get them so they can actually be treated. Finally after they were taken off to hospital, there have been several attempts to get there sand rail back and over the dune. Well 4 hours and 4 stuck trucks later, they finally lifted that sucker over the dune. Got some pics, this thing was f*cked up.

Later that day, when it was starting to cool off, me and my buddy went to this pretty big dune right in-front of our camp. Raced a few people, having some fun. My buddys 07kx450f was smoking these banshee's(is that how you spell it?) Well anywho, they are 350 2smoke qauds. My 07kx250f was getting smoke by these fks, but my buddys 450 just handle them. Well I circle around ready to line up again fo a race. End up getting to the top, ty to cut left and end up eating it. f*cked up my wrist pretty bad and im out for the night. :laughing::laughing::flipoff::cry: Night time rolls around and its the same as the night before, made some fat steaks, took some shots, and had a huge bonfire.

Sunday rolls around, our last day and I couldnt do the morning ride cause my wrist was f*cked. Took off around 10am and hit the rode. Felt so good to get home and take a shower. Well I thought I'd share my wonderful trip with you. Now here our the picks.

Few pics of me.

Me with my buddies dad's quad.

Picture039-1.jpg

Few picks of me and my buddy wtching this lady get air lifted out of there.

Picture033-1.jpg

my buddy

Picture034.jpg

The sand rail that crashed

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture045.jpg

The helicopter that air lifted them out

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

The sand rail that got the hurt couple and brought them to saftey

Picture015-2.jpg

This guys truck and 5th wheel that got stuck, along with the tractor that came

Picture016.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture036.jpg

our camp spot with out bon -fire

Picture018.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Sad to see a passenger get hurt with someone else's mess-up. That's why I'm shocked when people get in my car without knowing me at all. Probably not very smart on my part to take someone I don't know at all. There is just too much liability.

Hope your wrist feels better, and congrats on hitting Dumont in that weather. Thanks for the pictures of my second winter time home. :blury:

Hopefully everyone heals from the rail crash.

Wow. I have seen the Heli at least once every Holiday weekend, but never on an off weekend at Dumont. That's one thing I never saw at Coral. I wonder what the serious accident rate is there compared to Dumont. I did see a rail F'd up like that a couple trips ago (Dumont.) The ppl had it parked outside their camp all weekend, it was there before I even got there, so I dunno what the rider damage was...

Was that at the August night drags? Or another time? I know some people got hurt that night, someone wearing the same color as me was layin on the ground and everyone freaked out and thought it was me. I didn't see any myself, but I heard about a couple incidents. Apparently I'm more accident prone on my new ltz400 than I was on the Predator 500 I learned on... Go figure, lol.

That Helicopter Is the San Bernardino County Sheriff Departments Search $ Rescue air ship. (40-King)

Usualy a medical copter will respond insted of the "Getto Bird"...

That rail looks totalled!!! :ahhhhh:

Hope the people are o.k.!!

Great summer time pix!

:ahhhhh:

Edited by Dune Family

Was that at the August night drags? Or another time? I know some people got hurt that night, someone wearing the same color as me was layin on the ground and everyone freaked out and thought it was me. I didn't see any myself, but I heard about a couple incidents. Apparently I'm more accident prone on my new ltz400 than I was on the Predator 500 I learned on... Go figure, lol.

One guy flew off the back of banshee hill he was the one air lifted and the other broke his back when he looped out his banshee...

and yes that was the that night when alot of people got to gether to hang out in the middle of the summer and ride on banshee hill.

comp hill(main hill there)

:no_no: is that the really big hill? J/K had to bust your balls a tiny bit. Very cool pics and story, thanks for sharing.

Edited by mineurbiz

Premium Malt,

I do not mean to step on your thread/post

some provided input would be, the blue rail (Watched) The one's who actually provided first aid/patient extraction/recovery was not that buggy nor those people. The buggy and crew who did is red long travel. How do I know? I was the owner of this buggy along with my freinds (Dave, Jesse, and the owner of the orange quad) who stayed the full duration to help. Thank you all for the help

And may Connie and Jeff get well soon. They were very lucky not to kill themselves on that incident

post-2855-1180653453.jpg"The sand rail that got the hurt couple and brought them to saftey"

Premium Malt,

some provided input would be, the blue rail (Watched) The one's who actually provided first aid/patient extraction/recovery was not that buggy nor those people. The buggy and crew who did is red long travel. How do I know? I was the owner of this buggy along with my freinds (Dave, Jesse, and the owner of the orange quad) who stayed the full duration to help. Thank you all for the help

And may Connie and Jeff get well soon. They were very lucky not to kill themselves on that incident

post-2855-1180653453.jpg"The sand rail that got the hurt couple and brought them to saftey"

:no_no:

Very commendable, mgobyman :headbang1: Now, that's being a fellow duner right there. :beercheers:

BTW, welcome to DDR :D

I am not mgobyman. I am his close friend that treated both patients until the medics got there. Take credit where credit is due. That guy just stood there and watched while we treated them for their injuries. But thats cool because the injured (Connie and Jeff) know who were really there for them. BOTTOM LINE!!! Thanks also go out to the fix-it crew who attempted the work on the repair of mgobyman's rail!! Late!!

I am not mgobyman. I am his close friend that treated both patients until the medics got there. Take credit where credit is due. That guy just stood there and watched while we treated them for their injuries. But thats cool because the injured (Connie and Jeff) know who were really there for them. BOTTOM LINE!!! Thanks also go out to the fix-it crew who attempted the work on the repair of mgobyman's rail!! Late!!

well WHOEVER :headbang1: treated and helped the injured, that's very cool of you. :beercheers:

Premium Malt,

OOOOOOOOOOO. That makes total sense. I thought it was the blue on beacause he took the ranger up there. I thouht he took the vitctims as well. Well I have pics of your rail getting towed by the truck! Thanks for clearing that up, that guy in the blue rail was a a-hole any way. He parked by our camp to check out this 5th wheel that got stuck, he was just an a$$. Thought he was the hot sh*t there or something. Where you the guys that had like the big screen setup??? Did you guys catch those kids stealing sh*t in the middle of the night?? Me and my buddy went up to that camp to talk about what happened the night before. Was that you guys??? But anywho, thatnks for clearing that up.