pics of my lt500 build

quad~dizzle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a Dr. Q inframe drag pipe right?

Who has done the motor work on it? I have a couple friends that swear by there Quadzillas..

One thing is for sure... every time out his bike gets a lot of attention... it use to be clean.. but recently he changed everything into a LT250r frame.... I dont care for it now.. I use to think it was a clean bike when he had it all original with engine work from Dr.Q ....

Sweet color scheme.

that looks like a Q pipe for sure! i have one, still sitting in the box all shiny, new, and pretty looking. waiting on a Q motor.

are those the stock arms? and who polished the motor? thanks.

thet say the q pipe is the s#!t for the lt500 i hope so and i also hear his motor work is second to none on the lt500. ct racing did the polishing on the motor and sent my carb to cascade. the a arms are stock just had them chromed. hopefully with the motor work and q pipe i will be able to hang with others on the hill. what size rear and how many paddles are you going with yours. imgoing ahead with 22-11-8 7 paddle ultra buff what do you think?

thet say the q pipe is the s#!t for the lt500 i hope so and i also hear his motor work is second to none on the lt500. ct racing did the polishing on the motor and sent my carb to cascade. the a arms are stock just had them chromed. hopefully with the motor work and q pipe i will be able to hang with others on the hill. what size rear and how many paddles are you going with yours. imgoing ahead with 22-11-8 7 paddle ultra buff what do you think?

i'm probably gonna go with the skat trak edge paddles that Q recommends, but i'm unsure. he also recommends STU comp cut sand skate 1's. i think your tire combination should work well for hillshooting, but it's not gonna dune well at all.

i usually run skat trak extremes, but Q doesn't recommend them unless you're strictly drag racing. i have a 100 rwh banshee that i usually drag out there and it doesn't dune well anymore. i'm building the zilla to be a high speed duner that can still run the hill.

your zilla is looking great. the polish looks real nice. i'm gonna go with lonestar +2+1 arms on mine, so i can adjust the caster back a bit.

i was supposed to call Q yesterday to discuss the motor details, missed the opportunity. hopefully i didn't lose my place in line. i might go with an '87 cylinder instead of the '88 i have. i sent my cylinder to jeff tudor "tudor's performance" and had it re-sleeved and bored to 88mm (524cc) and stage II ported. i think the parts and labor were around $800 but i think i'm gonna sell the cylinder and piston for $500. they haven't been ran or installed since he did the work.

good luck with the bike and i hope you have it out for halloween weekend. i'll be out there riding either:

1) blue banshee with baby blue frame (mine)

2) silver (or no plastic at all, haven't ordered yet) raptor 700 w/ 734 motor (mine)

3) silver banshee with baby pink frame (girlfriends)

if you see any of these, stop by and say hey.

also, which swingarm did you go with? the lonestar is a bit pricey, and i'd like to have a yamaha rear end on mine. i'm gonna call metaltech and see if they can custom build me one.

i can't get enough of those pics, you're going all the way. i can only hope mine turns out as nice as yours brother. effin' good job.

i'm not kidding you.. i just purchased a complete Q motor from someone in ohio. it has pretty close to everything i wanted Q to do for me.

i also purchased his laeger +4 chrome swingarm, LSR axle, LSR carrier, and billet brake stay.

i might have the mighty zilla out at dumont by president's day.. need a riding partner? =)~

the first few pics don't show.. there's more pics in a couple other posts a li'l further down that do appear. =)~

ok i got a question why isnt the 500 cc 2 stroke not a banshee killer is it a poor motor desighn ???

by all rights with bigger displacement it should be faster. or is it possibly an inferior motor desighn not allowing it to make the power gains banshees can in the porting of the cyl ???

i'm not kidding you.. i just purchased a complete Q motor from someone in ohio. it has pretty close to everything i wanted Q to do for me.

i also purchased his laeger +4 chrome swingarm, LSR axle, LSR carrier, and billet brake stay.

i might have the mighty zilla out at dumont by president's day.. need a riding partner? =)~

hell ya that would be cool ridding with ya. mine will be ready by t-day so hit me up. prez day is probaly the only big weekend i will attending

ok i got a question why isnt the 500 cc 2 stroke not a banshee killer is it a poor motor desighn ???

by all rights with bigger displacement it should be faster. or is it possibly an inferior motor desighn not allowing it to make the power gains banshees can in the porting of the cyl ???

you just had to go there didnt you....j/k

i geuss its its all about how much money you have but i think you can only do so much to the lt500 compared to the banshee were your options seem to be unlimited. i think stock versus stock or both with bolt ons and porting stock cylinders the lt500 might have a little bit on the banshee but i can be wrong.

you just had to go there didnt you....j/k

i geuss its its all about how much money you have but i think you can only do so much to the lt500 compared to the banshee were your options seem to be unlimited. i think stock versus stock or both with bolt ons and porting stock cylinders the lt500 might have a little bit on the banshee but i can be wrong.

that being said WHO WANTS SOME!!!!!!!!!

the next my bike is faster than yours thread

also, which swingarm did you go with? the lonestar is a bit pricey, and i'd like to have a yamaha rear end on mine. i'm gonna call metaltech and see if they can custom build me one.

i can't get enough of those pics, you're going all the way. i can only hope mine turns out as nice as yours brother. effin' good job.

i sucked it up and went with the lone star also got thier steering stem with bar clamp very nice.

i seen that on the other site, that should be a very nice set up. when you get that thing going let me know how that Q motor runs for you.

yeah, i'm going with the lonestar steering stem as well, i have three quads with it and i love 'em. i'm gonna get the 1-1/8" clamp.. i have the 7/8" on the banshee's, but went with the oversize on the 734 raptor, and i love it.

yeah, i'm pretty stoked about the motor. Q returned my PM and said it was a good buy. i'm not gonna have it ready by turkeyday, but i hope i can make it out there to ride with you anyway.

what length in your lonestar swingarm? i'm being told that the laegers arm is comparable to the lonestar and about the same price, but if i had my choice i'd rather have the lonestar, heh.

I still have my Zilla! I never sold it. I got some offers but none of them were enough for me to let this quad go. I'm glad to see you guys are getting yours going. Mine is still nearly stock and on the original top end. I can't wait to see how yours run with some mods.

Edited by Quadzilladude