pics of my lt500 build

quad~dizzle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks clean! i cant wait to ride mine couple more months and it will be done. did you do any motor work?

I haven't done any engine work to the quad yet. It had super low hours on it when I bought and it is still on the original top end! I have only changed the fluids in the engine so far. The old guy I bought it from had it almost the whole time and only rode it a couple times a year. He got too old to kick start it and decided to sell it and his wife's. My friend bought his other Quadzilla. I replaced the plastics with factory Suzuki ones since they were faded and cut the front fenders. I did add the FMF pipes and jetted the carb. It already had a K&N filter on it. I added the DG Nerf Bars and front bumper, Armadillo swingarm guard, twist throttle with Fly Grips, new Renthal bars, steering shaft (his wife rolled the quad and bent the old one), Cascade Designes seat, Sand Shark Paddles on ITP Wheels, and the flag quick disconnect. I've had this Quadzilla for a couple of years now and it has never let me down.

I don't plan to do any more upgrades to the quad as money is a little short right now. I'm just hoping I won't have to sell this bike in the winter when business is slow. :bs: The bills seem to outpace the raises. :bs: My other option is to sell the Z400, but I really love that quad too.

I see yours is a 1987 with the six bolt head. I'm guessing you know about the head gasket issue with that year and are running the Cool Head? Did you have a shop build the engine for you? If so, did they do anything about the crank bearing issue with these engines? If you need any help with parts or advice let me know. I have spares and have found better prices on the net than at the local dealers. I owned an 87 and another 90 before this one so I am quite familiar with them. Post some pics up when you are done with it!

Edited by Quadzilladude

i sent the motor to ct racing in cali and did the head bolt upgrade and they replaced the crank bearings and they did some head mods,porting,rejetted and bored the carb so i can keep up. it was my bros for a long time and he rode it in the desert alot so i got it from him and cleaning her up for the sand. they ride really soft plus they're long and wide its like ridding a fast couch. finally got all the hard ware and getting it chromed so it wont be to much longer to its back together, just in time for hallowen

CT Racing does good work from what I hear, so you should have a very good quad when you get it finished. If you don't mind me asking, what did it run for an engine rebuild with them?

With the mods you have, you should have one of the faster quads out there. With mine, I do get beaten by the 450's with built motors at the drags. But I couldn't even buy a new quad for the small amount of money I'm into this one, so I'm OK with that. Even after losing a drag race up Olds Hill at Glamis, I had women asking me for a ride up the hill on the back of mine. :banghead:

Edited by Quadzilladude

with all the mod work and they also polished the motor and rebuilt the power valve, splitting the cases, it ran me close to 1500 with shipping and all that stuff. ct also angled the pison and head 7 degrees i not to sure what that does for performance i sent them the motor told them what kind if ridding i do (dunes) and said make it fast as posible. i was going with thier outlaw pipe witch is thier drag pipe but chose to go with trinity's in frame drag pipe instead.

with all the mod work and they also polished the motor and rebuilt the power valve, splitting the cases, it ran me close to 1500 with shipping and all that stuff. ct also angled the pison and head 7 degrees i not to sure what that does for performance i sent them the motor told them what kind if ridding i do (dunes) and said make it fast as posible. i was going with thier outlaw pipe witch is thier drag pipe but chose to go with trinity's in frame drag pipe instead.

they are never ending money pits :rockon:

that is true everybody said i should of bought a new qaud with all the money i will have wraped up in this one but its diffrent everybody has a 450 or banshee and its a challenge being its a 1987 and not in production for 17 years

that is true everybody said i should of bought a new qaud with all the money i will have wraped up in this one but its diffrent everybody has a 450 or banshee and its a challenge being its a 1987 and not in production for 17 years

But a Quadzilla is a classic. I get asked questions about it whenever I ride. And its still faster than a stock 450. :rockon:

BTW, if you're going with black plastics some silver ghost flames would be sick on that thing. A twin headlight setup would be cool too. Have you seen the Quadzilla buildup on offroad.com?

Edited by Quadzilladude

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...