pics of my lt500 build

quad~dizzle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful bike man :beercheers: zilla's are the chit and i've always wanted one and the week before thanksgiving i finally got one :news: and i'm the second owner :laughing: i've been trying to get some info/learn about these from q and the others on quadracerhq but i'm not really getting any feedback from them :DDRrocks:post-1291-1197336091_thumb.jpg

I had an 87 for over 10 years, over 4000.00 in the motor and it ran good, but you can never get that BIG piston to turn the rpm the banshees do. With high compression and big hp these things beat them selves to death. Your bikes all look great and I loved mine! Quad dizzle, did anyone tell you to weld up the rear ears on the cylinder, they are known for being weak and the cylinder cracking under the reed cage. I had mine welded and then the case broke. Redneck if you need any info let me know, mine was dialed in, I had Rudy Kurtz from port magic do his wonders on it. I did not mean to take away from the lt500s just trying to give a little input. great looking bikes again

I had an 87 for over 10 years, over 4000.00 in the motor and it ran good, but you can never get that BIG piston to turn the rpm the banshees do. With high compression and big hp these things beat them selves to death. Your bikes all look great and I loved mine! Quad dizzle, did anyone tell you to weld up the rear ears on the cylinder, they are known for being weak and the cylinder cracking under the reed cage. I had mine welded and then the case broke. Redneck if you need any info let me know, mine was dialed in, I had Rudy Kurtz from port magic do his wonders on it. I did not mean to take away from the lt500s just trying to give a little input. great looking bikes again

i heard about the cylinder cracking at the ears but i have not gotten that done. :argue:

Just a heads up for you Zilla peeps who didn't see in the Stolen section, my buddies Zilla got stolen from his house. Some a-holes broke into his house and stole his 88 Zilla and his CR500 dirtbike. He didn't have the stuff locked up, although I doubt that would have stopped them. :argue:

His quad was an 88 with chrome A-arms, foot pegs, and rear grab bar. The seat was recovered with the yellow/blue flames. His plastics were cut very similar to mine. It has a DG front bumper. This is the only pic I have of his quad...

post-370-1197680775_thumb.jpg

It was taken on the NW side of Las Vegas. Please keep an eye out for it. The thieves got the title too, so they may try to pass it off as if they are the owners.

• 2 weeks later...

i got her fired up today for the first time, just a couple of small things and it will be ready for new years! one quick thing does anybody have a set of 4 ON 1-10 ltr-450 bolt pattern knobbies i can use or sale, so i can run on the dyno at dans. trying to get that droped of wedsnday thursday at the latest so i can get it out for new years. i will post up some pics with it being all done. i cant wait :beercheers::beerpint: :xmas4:

Edited by quad~dizzle

hey dan i got the balance taken sare of a man what a diffrence! i found out why there was colant up by my clamps, it must of been vibrating so bad it started a hair line crack at the top of the radiator mount :( (brand new pwr) it is a little rich in the begining of the throttle but once i get past it its pretty snappy! see you wednsday hopefully. :DDRrocks:

I dont know Dan, but if he has a dyno he should have slicks to run on the dyno, knobbies will slip. honda 450 uses the same rims too, and ltz400/kawi400

I've run 120 hp banshees on dirt tires , and if you know what your doing , they don't slip !

dyno slicks are cheaters , they read 5-7 hp higher...

Edited by powerhouse

Dan, I have heard nothing but good things about you and your shop, I just find it hard to believe you dont use slicks, every single reputable dyno tuning center I have heard about uses the slicks. Could the extra hp shown with the slicks be from not slipping?

Dan, I have heard nothing but good things about you and your shop, I just find it hard to believe you dont use slicks, every single reputable dyno tuning center I have heard about uses the slicks. Could the extra hp shown with the slicks be from not slipping?

^^^^^^^^^^ :thumb:

This is about a LT500 build not a debate on slicks vs knobbies on a dyno.

No , you can see when a slipping clutch or spining tires start , on the graph ! most shops use Dyno Tires to show more from their motors . I have run with and without them and the graph is the same, just higher numbers. you get higher numbers with a smoother tire, that rolls with less resistance on the drum. :thumb: