Your Favorite Dive Bar

Ross and Alice

In Avalon, Catalina,, the Marlin Club is gotta be the best,,,

Good prices, fun atmosphere,,, if ya don't boat, the Harbor Patrol will grudgingly rent a mooring to 2 PWC's, and it make for a fun day. If ya have a towable tube,, then up to 4 PWC's will tie up to it nicely,, secured to the mooring.

In Baker, the bar behind the Dennys. The late owner was a off roader,, and some memorabalia is around,, even a Bronco he raced is static displayed in in the parking lot. A real dive,, the surviving family still refuses to put a dime of improvement in the place..

Meet interesting duners, travelers, and 'vegas kinda people all the time.

Can't really call it a dive,, but near Disneyland/Garden Grove maybe is a bar and grill called the Rainbow Room.

Good cheap food and drinks, friendly bartenders,,

Any good dive bars outh there??:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dive bars are the best, not too many in my town though.

When I lived in San Diego I frequented a place called The Library...small little dive with Shuffleboard, Pool and Darts. You could use the house phone to call friends. Good times :rockwoot:

the rainbow room sounds familiar... i think i heard rhino king talking about it the other day.. HAHA... :rockwoot:

My personal favorites were the bars back home..

The Owl.. Original Downtown El Centro Building

The Moose Lodge - They just built a new one but i liked the old one better and yess im a member.

The Seeley Club - Might as well have been family owned since the begininng we were very close family friends w/ the first 3 owners and this new cat might as well be family cuz hes cool.

The Desert Club - Right next door to the seeley club and Theorectially still in the family. My step dads ex-wife still owns it... and my half brother still runs it.. :D

the rainbow room sounds familiar... i think i heard rhino king talking about it the other day.. HAHA... :rockwoot:

My personal favorites were the bars back home..

The Owl.. Original Downtown El Centro Building

The Moose Lodge - They just built a new one but i liked the old one better and yess im a member.

The Seeley Club - Might as well have been family owned since the begininng we were very close family friends w/ the first 3 owners and this new cat might as well be family cuz hes cool.

The Desert Club - Right next door to the seeley club and Theorectially still in the family. My step dads ex-wife still owns it... and my half brother still runs it.. :D

Hey how bout that one place in Ocotillo of the 8? The Old Highway Cafe.....they have that little dive bar in there right next to the restaurant.

If you want some dive bars come to 29 Palms. All the bars in this town are dive bars. :happydrunks:

:DDR_rocks!: Yeah they are! My buddy's dad lives there and while we were visiting him we stopped into one of the bars/ pool halls. I think everybody in the place stopped what they were doing and looked at us when we walked in. It was like a scene from a movie. That town is small and I guess everyone knows everone and we were like minorities to them. whatever :rockwoot:

:DDR_rocks!: Yeah they are! My buddy's dad lives there and while we were visiting him we stopped into one of the bars/ pool halls. I think everybody in the place stopped what they were doing and looked at us when we walked in. It was like a scene from a movie. That town is small and I guess everyone knows everone and we were like minorities to them. whatever :rockwoot:

When they look at you like that just give them the :happydrunks: and go about your buisness.There are alot of dumbass young Marines out here that think they are invincible.

When they look at you like that just give them the :finger: and go about your buisness.There are alot of dumbass young Marines out here that think they are invincible.

Yeah we found that out. Well, my buddy already knew that because he grew up in 29. I figured it out shortly after we went there. :laughing:

The Desert Club and the Seeley Club are in the same ball park.. 2 miles from the gate of NAF El Centro... 2 miles from where i grew up... Yup im a navy brat and learned to drink from the best. :D

Also the Desert Club if Famous for its Ceiling :D

The only way to get your name etched into the ceiling by marker or knife is to get up on the bar and do it yourself... NEKKID... needless to say 99% of the names up there are women. :D

That sounds kinda.................. you know :laughing::finger:

It's mostly local neighborhood couples on foot, and Garden Grove Elks/Moose lodge members looking for cheap eats and a cheap happy hour.

Good Food at a good price.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd-local...5EzTKBI3VNulXc-

Edited by Dime Store Hood

When I lived in San Diego I frequented a place called The Library...small little dive with Shuffleboard, Pool and Darts. You could use the house phone to call friends. Good times :laughoff:

We have a place in Vegas called The Library....it's not like the one in Diego....it's a bewbie bar!! :laughoff:

3 bucks probably won't get you a beer in there today!! :argue:

I like The Library.. Its right up the street from my office.. :D

What's so special about the Library. :rainbow1: I didn't know you could read. Or is that one of those Braille places, you know, let your fingers do the reading. :rainbow1:

Edited by Don29palms