Your Favorite Dive Bar

Ross and Alice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad im not alone on The IRON Door.. :D

We have made that trek from superstition to ocotillo wells all the time.. :D was a fun ride... trucks quads you name it... depending on our mood and how long we wanted to spend in the desert...

Speaking of OW.

Our annual Chili Cookoff happens on 4/1 at Mota Ranch in OW. Tony Mota runs the OHV repair shop and store at OW and his place is near the corner of Split Mountain Road and Old Kane Springs Road. Photos of the last event here: http://www.baja.net/photobb/showgallery.php?cat=574&thumb=1

I've got one..... The Open Bar in PB (SanDiego)

Always something cool going down there :boxer: ....

post-3-1140974900_thumb.jpg

post-3-1140974962_thumb.jpg

post-3-1140975002_thumb.jpg

Me & Duniemonkie in front of the bar....waaasted :huh: :no_no:

(oh yeah and behind me is my buddy from Cleveland- Mike DaRookie :dolphin: )

post-3-1140975058_thumb.jpg

This next pic has nothing to do w/ dive bars, but I thought it was a good one to throw in there from our trip to SD :finger: Man that was a fun trip...gotta do it again this 4th of July!

post-3-1140975188_thumb.jpg

"The Pennant" in Mission Beach is also cool.

"Goat Hill" in Costa Mesa for the beer variety but definatly many notches down to the clientele in NPB bars.

"The Field" www.thefield.com in SD Gaslamp is very cool as well. I'll be tipping a few there in about 3 weeks.

Edited by pjcnlv

PJCNLV isnt that repair shop across the street from the iron door??? So i thought its been a few years and a few too many beers to remember clearly

Yes, there is one and a little store there too all part of a trailer park.

Tony's is right across from the airstrip on Highway 78.

I am plannig my trip now. I think I'll take the shortcut through Cima, Kelso and Amboy. I am getting used to driving the new Moho.

I've got one..... The Open Bar in PB (SanDiego)

Always something cool going down there :thumb: ....

post-3-1140974900_thumb.jpg

post-3-1140974962_thumb.jpg

post-3-1140975002_thumb.jpg

Me & Duniemonkie in front of the bar....waaasted :thumb::cry:

(oh yeah and behind me is my buddy from Cleveland- Mike DaRookie :thumb: )

post-3-1140975058_thumb.jpg

This next pic has nothing to do w/ dive bars, but I thought it was a good one to throw in there from our trip to SD :headbang: Man that was a fun trip...gotta do it again this 4th of July!

post-3-1140975188_thumb.jpg

Is this the former "Coaster Saloon" across from the Giant Dipper?

"The Pennant" in Mission Beach is also cool.

"Goat Hill" in Costa Mesa for the beer variety but definatly many notches down to the clientele in NPB bars.

"The Field" www.thefield.com in SD Gaslamp is very cool as well. I'll be tipping a few there in about 3 weeks.

The Field rocks!!! Good beer on tap get's my attention any day.

Has anyone heard of the sleazy bar tour?, $10. gets you a ride on a bus that hits 10 of the dive bars in San Diego. Starts at the Blue Lagoon...ends up at ... I can't remember ? Ohhh... the Blue Lagoon. :woo_hoo:

We started out with a full bus load...first stop was fun... 40 people cram into the first of 10 bars, order up, not a small feat for the bar tender, chug, then off to the next stop.

8 or 9 bars later... we have about 1/2 people-(drunks) still riding the bus... missing people left & right???

Got to make it to the last stop ...to be near home...and get the sleazy bar tour... T-shirt!

A fun time 4-sure! :laughoff:

Edited by nightime