I'm curious.

Denylust

Well I’ve been riding quads sense I was about knee high. Right now I’m 15 and I have a 350 raptor. I've had it for about 3 or 4 years and I have no problem riding it what so ever. My question is what do you think I should get next? I'm looking for something faster because what I have now is fine and all but it can't do a lot of the stuff I want it to do.

Thanks in advance.

:flipoff:

Study up on the Can Am DS450. By all accounts it is the baddest out of the box ATV built to date. So far nothing has been able to keep up with it and it is so technologicly advanced that it may never be caught up with.

Look at what Can Am has done with the Renegade, has any other manufacturer even won a GNCC race since the release of the 800???

I think you can see where my loyalties lie but truth be told there are a lot of quality machines out there on the market now. You can't go wrong with a whole multitude of them, the TRX450R, Rappy 700, Outlaw 525, etc...

Best thing to do is hit the dunes with a bunch of your friends who have a wide assortment, ride them all and then get what suits you the best. But why be like every other Tom, d*ck, and Harry and grab up a Yammy just because it's the "in thing"?

Set yourself above and apart from the norm. Can Am/BRP. :coocoo::booty::flipoff::blink:

It depends on what kind of riding u do? Most quads have there strenghts and weakness. imo u can never go wrong with a banshee!!! :mischevious:

I was thinking the same thing. I want something that I can hit the flats fast with but still be able to jump with it and have fun. My quad can't even make it up comp... :mischevious:

Edited by Denylust

I was thinking the same thing. I want something that I can hit the flats fast with but still be able to jump with it and have fun. My quad can't even make it up comp... :mischevious:

I know a guy with a raptor 350 that is piped and re-geared and it makes it up comp :laughing: .

Suzuki LTZ400 :mischevious:

It depends on what kind of riding u do? Most quads have there strenghts and weakness. imo u can never go wrong with a banshee!!! :mischevious:

U are kidding right? Why would anyone want a quad with 87 technology with all of the new stuff that is out there. Yes the banshee is an awesome hill shooter. But overall duner, There is soooo much better out there.

A great all around quad...700 raptor :mischevious:

Edited by OFFROADRACER

I like my LTR450 alot and it's a light fast bike and i also like the Raptor700r, diffrent bike but both great for dunes or trails..

The older guys seem to like the 700r more for it's forgiveness on the dunes and the power it has and the all around comfortable ride of the bike.. :mischevious:

the LTR or the YFZ is a more agressive ridden quad, well it likes ti be ridden hard with alot of body movement which makse it shine in the dunes for me..I will actuelly say the LTR is 10x better in the soft ride dept. compared to the YFZ, when it's ruff the YFZ is a horrible ride unless your pinned ..JMO

I have had them all ..

I like my LTR450 alot and it's a light fast bike and i also like the Raptor700r, diffrent bike but both great for dunes or trails..

The older guys seem to like the 700r more for it's forgiveness on the dunes and the power it has and the all around comfortable ride of the bike.. :mischevious:

the LTR or the YFZ is a more agressive ridden quad, well it likes ti be ridden hard with alot of body movement which makse it shine in the dunes for me..I will actuelly say the LTR is 10x better in the soft ride dept. compared to the YFZ, when it's ruff the YFZ is a horrible ride unless your pinned ..JMO

I have had them all ..

But why be like every other Tom, d*ck, and Harry and grab up a Yammy just because it's the "in thing"?

Set yourself above and apart from the norm. Can Am/BRP. :mischevious: :laughoff: :mischevious: :laughing:

After all it is't like Yamaha's are good bikes or anything :MBdance::laughoff:

The older guys seem to like the 700r more for it's forgiveness on the dunes and the power it has and the all around comfortable ride of the bike.. :laughing:

I have had them all ..

:mischevious: I agree there i,ve had both bikes and obviously have rode both and agree with ya but now have the 700 and agree with ya there to its like sitting on a sofa :mischevious: perfect for :laughoff: but i love it..

After all it is't like Yamaha's are good bikes or anything :loser::boxer:

Go back and read the whole post Buckwheat. I believe that I said there were a whole multitude of awesome machines on the market nowadays. I even mentioned specifically the Raptor 700. Killer machine. Just for little folks, not those who are taller and heavier of weight like myself.

But, no, Yamaha's will not stand the test of time like the Bombardier's. Most reliable, dependable, bulletproof machines ever manufactured. Not saying Yammy's aren't worth their cost either.

So take your little :loser: mentalitly and shove it up your :booty: . Take the context of the WHOLE post and don't try to twist one sentence into something it wasn't intended to be. What are you some kind of Southern Baptist preacher??? As you can tell the majority of the post in the thread are leaning heavily to the Yamaha side of the house, hence my "in crowd" comment. There are not a million Yammys at the dunes because they are the best product, it's just like the Rhino's, by far not the best SXS, but Joe and Tom have them so I'm going to run out and get one too.

:blink: Can Am if that's what you wanted me to say. Go Honda. :freakin_nuts: :dunno:

IS IT OCTOBER YET ???????

:freakin_nuts:

If I were you, i would try and ride all the different ones you are considering. Then it won't be a guessing game.

Edited by JoeDuner

Go back and read the whole post Buckwheat. .............

So take your little :dunno: mentalitly and shove it up your :blink: . Take the context of the WHOLE post and don't try to twist one sentence into something it wasn't intended to be. What are you some kind of Southern Baptist preacher???

JEEZUZ, Vic. :freakin_nuts: I believe name calling and personal attacks are against the rules of this board!

Study up on the Can Am DS450. By all accounts it is the baddest out of the box ATV built to date. So far nothing has been able to keep up with it and it is so technologicly advanced that it may never be caught up with.

Look at what Can Am has done with the Renegade, has any other manufacturer even won a GNCC race since the release of the 800???

I think you can see where my loyalties lie but truth be told there are a lot of quality machines out there on the market now. You can't go wrong with a whole multitude of them, the TRX450R, Rappy 700, Outlaw 525, etc...

Best thing to do is hit the dunes with a bunch of your friends who have a wide assortment, ride them all and then get what suits you the best. But why be like every other Tom, d*ck, and Harry and grab up a Yammy just because it's the "in thing"?

Set yourself above and apart from the norm. Can Am/BRP. :dunno::loser: :freakin_nuts: :loser:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

except the blantant can am pimping

:blink:

:grin:

pimpshack......you gonna make Ace pay for advertising?

:boxer:

:yawn:

:booty:

JEEZUZ, Vic. :flipoff: I believe name calling and personal attacks are against the rules of this board!

Come awn Pete, you know "Buckwheat" was said in jest! You gotta remember to read in the accent that I talk in. :laughoff:

And all I did was ask him if he was a preacher. :coocoo: Is that really name calling??? :rainbow1:

Okay okay, I'm sorry. :(:laughing: :no_no:

Now let's get this party started back up. :laughoff: :no_no: :laughoff:

Come awn Pete, you know "Buckwheat" was said in jest! You gotta remember to read in the accent that I talk in. :laughoff:

And all I did was ask him if he was a preacher. :flipoff: Is that really name calling??? :rainbow1:

Okay okay, I'm sorry. :(:laughing: :no_no:

Now let's get this party started back up. :laughoff::coocoo::laughoff:

Please just obey the rules. It's been a really long day for me and I don't have the energy to explain exactly what you did wrong if you don't understand by now.