Sand_YFZ Posted September 2, 2007 Posted September 2, 2007 (edited) Me and a friend of mine rolled out to Dumont today.The road still sucks,although its not as bad as it was last time i was there.I do like how it keeps the dust down though.Anyway we got lucky with some cloud cover and a light breeze so it wasnt scolding hot.The sand was fantastic and really smooth like glass There was only a few people there.It was really quiet.Very fun daytrip.We had a great time.I heard some of you guys are going tommorow.We rode around a little and it was pretty unpredictable with sharp razorbacks and hard to read.It sure is nice though when the sand is so smooth.Here are a couple pics. Early morning,very nice Danny's Bolt on YFZ Smooth Sand My YFZ480 Danny Temps were 92 at 7am and 102 when we left. Edited September 2, 2007 by Sand_YFZ
high octane junkie Posted September 2, 2007 Posted September 2, 2007 nice. i can't wait 'til october.. i hate the hot, hot heat.
dunefreak Posted September 2, 2007 Posted September 2, 2007 Did the bike run good, Aaron? Yeah we might make an early run tomorrow AM. You up for another ride? I have room.
Sand_YFZ Posted September 2, 2007 Author Posted September 2, 2007 Did the bike run good, Aaron? Yeah we might make an early run tomorrow AM. You up for another ride? I have room. Well since our last trip out,i changed alot of stuff with the motor,gearing,and setup.It was a healthy 5+ bikes faster.Its faster than its ever been since i bought it.I was really impressed.I cant wait for Halloween You guys are gonna like the sand.All virgin.We made the first tracks today.It was a little hard to read but damn smooth.
superdave Posted September 2, 2007 Posted September 2, 2007 so lets see now. i think you probably have about 20 grand in the bike now right? ha ha. glad its running great. we are going to check out sand hollow monday. my silly daughter and the meathead are living there in st. george so we figured we would kill 2 birds with 1 stone and go there so we can have some fun and they can see their kid. [ we have custody of delilah ].
Sand_YFZ Posted September 2, 2007 Author Posted September 2, 2007 so lets see now. i think you probably have about 20 grand in the bike now right? ha ha. glad its running great. we are going to check out sand hollow monday. my silly daughter and the meathead are living there in st. george so we figured we would kill 2 birds with 1 stone and go there so we can have some fun and they can see their kid. [ we have custody of delilah ]. 20K?Hmmm maybe.Not just in upgrades.Maybe including the cost of the bike originally.I dont just go buy things,i always sell and then buy.That is since 2004 though,but i dont care.That quad has done me proud on plenty of occasions.This whole sport is a money pit right?Its not cheap to have fun ya know
wingnut Posted September 2, 2007 Posted September 2, 2007 Glad you guys had fun bro! Both YFZ's look sick! Glad your bike is kickin azz!!!!! :icon_twisted:
Cracker1 Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 Me and a friend of mine rolled out to Dumont today.The road still sucks,although its not as bad as it was last time i was there.I do like how it keeps the dust down though.Anyway we got lucky with some cloud cover and a light breeze so it wasnt scolding hot.The sand was fantastic and really smooth like glass There was only a few people there.It was really quiet.Very fun daytrip.We had a great time.I heard some of you guys are going tommorow.We rode around a little and it was pretty unpredictable with sharp razorbacks and hard to read.It sure is nice though when the sand is so smooth.Here are a couple pics. Early morning,very nice Danny's Bolt on YFZ Smooth Sand My YFZ480 Danny Temps were 92 at 7am and 102 when we left. You need to put one these pics in dune pic of the month, very nice! [maybe this comment won't get deleted like the one i made about barefoot bobs "very nice" wheelie in dune pic of the month]
dunefreak Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 [maybe this comment won't get deleted like the one i made about barefoot bobs "very nice" wheelie in dune pic of the month] oh come on- it was only taken down because I asked everyone to please limit the posts to pics only. It gets pretty cluttered over there trying to search through all the comments just to find who all the actual entries are when it comes time to vote. Sorry it wasn't personal.
barefoot bob Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 thanx fot the comment on my wheelie pic !!!
Sand_YFZ Posted September 3, 2007 Author Posted September 3, 2007 (edited) You need to put one these pics in dune pic of the month, very nice! [maybe this comment won't get deleted like the one i made about barefoot bobs "very nice" wheelie in dune pic of the month] Thanks for the compliments Does anyone know if Banshee Wars if officially off?Sucks if it is thats usually the first good weekend of the season before of course Halloween.We are so close i can taste it Edited September 3, 2007 by Sand_YFZ
dunefreak Posted September 3, 2007 Posted September 3, 2007 Aaron, I think Banshee Wars if off for good. That's the vibe I got from Sean. I'm sure there will still be plenty of hillshooters there that weekend though regardless. That's the season kickoff weekend.
John H Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 Danny's bike is looking good... To bad I won't be able to see it when he's behind me.... J/K looks like a nice day. I should be ready to roll in a couple more weeks. Can't wait.
Rob Sanders Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 Danny's bike is looking good... To bad I won't be able to see it when he's behind me.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...He said it!
Danny Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 Too bad you have to have a built motor to beat my BOLT-ON Bolt on vs bolt on/cams did we ever race? I dont remember. remind me of the outcome. see you suzuki riders on Halloween!
Sand_YFZ Posted September 6, 2007 Author Posted September 6, 2007 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...He said it!
John H Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 Too bad you have to have a built motor to beat my BOLT-ON Bolt on vs bolt on/cams did we ever race? I dont remember. remind me of the outcome. see you suzuki riders on Halloween! What happened to the kick off? You not going? Cams? What cams?
Rob Sanders Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 Too bad you have to have a built motor to beat my BOLT-ON Bolt on vs bolt on/cams did we ever race? I dont remember. remind me of the outcome. see you suzuki riders on Halloween! All I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...my sh*t aint fast enough, what am I gonna do?!!?@!!@??@!
Danny Posted September 6, 2007 Posted September 6, 2007 What happened to the kick off? You not going? Cams? What cams? If I have the day off ill go. but im not going to request it off. ill be at halloween for sure though! What cams? Dont you remember? the cams that used to be in the Suzuki that could couldnt control 50Hp for one full season :wedgie: . so he gave them to you so you could ATTEMPT to beat my untuned bolt-on . yeah, those cams. All I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...my sh*t aint fast enough, what am I gonna do?!!?@!!@??@! :dance: Whats funny is I hear it too. But its coming from your direction. But it sounded more like this.... "WAAAAAAAAAAA I have to have a piped/intake/cammed/ported/high compression/EFI Tuned bike to beat an un-tuned bolt on yamaha. WAAAAAAAAA" :dance:
Rob Sanders Posted September 7, 2007 Posted September 7, 2007 (edited) If I have the day off ill go. but im not going to request it off. ill be at halloween for sure though! What cams? Dont you remember? the cams that used to be in the Suzuki that could couldnt control 50Hp for one full season . so he gave them to you so you could ATTEMPT to beat my untuned bolt-on . yeah, those cams. Whats funny is I hear it too. But its coming from your direction. But it sounded more like this.... "WAAAAAAAAAAA I have to have a piped/intake/cammed/ported/high compression/EFI Tuned bike to beat an un-tuned bolt on yamaha. WAAAAAAAAA" Excuse 6543, Section 43, Chapter 12, Page 63, Paragraph 3... of Danny's excuse book, "I wish I bought a Suzuki" Titled "Why im slower than a Suzuki........Because he's a man and bought more parts than I did" I own you...and your little dog too faggot!!!! Edited September 7, 2007 by Rob Sanders
barefoot bob Posted September 7, 2007 Posted September 7, 2007 (edited) you are witnessing a thread hijacking in progress Edited September 7, 2007 by barefoot bob
mineurbiz Posted September 7, 2007 Posted September 7, 2007 Aaron bike looks good as always and so does yours Danny (YFZTECH also right?). I was thinking of going to black plastics, I also have the red frame. Nice pics also, are you going to be hitting any of the races this year?
Recommended Posts