im back from dumont weeeeeeeeeeeee

barefoot bob

:thumb: well dumont was interesting. the road is a mess. can you say grader wtf :dope: the exit out of the wash is a step down if they dont grade that someone in a fifthwheel is gonna tear the a$$ out of there trailer.

we got the red buggy done at 3:00 left at 3:30 like chickend with are heads cut off. ( to excited) :idea:

subsequently we left without the camera :dope: we figured well were meeting big red at baker (big red is davids ddr name) we will pop in and get a cardboard camera ha !!! forgot it again !! so we got there at 6:30

and was unloaded about 7 it was 100 degrees but the breeze (or excitement) made it feel cooler.

the ride : lol well red had to drop out imedietly battery trouble :( so off we go my car was running about 208 degrees and i thought )((&^%&$#$@%&%$(%)* here we go again i asked my buddy what he was running he was at 210 ha ha !! sucsess his car never gets hot it was just the heat making it run a lil warm whew !!! we ran the whoops to comp a bit to test my buddys bypasses everything ok :thumb: so off we go we duned in the shallow dunes to the north pole. great ride no problems. i was stoked !!

so here we are at the north pole and we realise its a moonless night aaaaaaaa sh*t! now a normal person would go back the way they came. not this shortbus riden window licker i decided lets cut down the backside like a straight line twords big bowl and down. wellll......................

we dont ride out that way a whole lot the last 2 years cause of my buggy problems. so here we are moonless night, unfamilar ground and virgen sand ( no traxks anywhere) you guessed it we got LOST !!!

the sand is really hard to read moonless as well the drop offs were sharp !! we were duckin and dodgin and laughing and lost.

suddenly i ran out of skill.................... we hit a sharp climb out of a hard turn the sand was sooooo soft it was amazing. my buddy james was leading . he turned hit that climb and slowed to nothing . so mr no skill here turns and i drop speed try to shift to late > high centered f)*(&*%%#ck well not to badly stuck. the only injury was my pride. but then .................. i backed down and it was an off cambred transition i went to where i thought i could pull on up. no moon, light bleached the sand. i pull forward and i went 20 feet and suddenly im not moving . buried that sucker right to the pan !!! :laughoff:

so of course my buddy who is caring and sensative guy turns around to see what happens pulls up and starts laughing uncontrollaby. :finger::idiot::dunno: well we dig out and now thoroughly lost. were out there pointing three different directions trying to figure where we are and where were going :laughoff: we saw the glow of the vegas lights (thanx you guys) and i found the frontage road back to the norht pole.

so we decided to take the safe route back to camp well....... no moon no sillouette no sillouette no comp hill no comp hill back to lost............. f(*ck :lol: i drove right past it an was in those deep dunes behind it.

so now my buddy james takes over leading. i swear we were going the wrong way i was :blury: my son saise comp is 20ft off your left door :blink: ok .... wellll .... i know where im at now !! brotha it was darker than compton.

so we go to camp laugh it off me james and david ( big red ) put down a half a gallon of rum and go to bed.

6:30 am off we go about 75 degrees awsom virgen sand we were having a blast big red hung in there with his beam car ( good job david ) :thumb: so the whole idea was dune and tune so we needed to tune my buddies bypasses and test the new a arms. what better place than a jump !!! so off we go :bawl::laughoff:

well i went first it was pretty nice. i got about 6' off the ground and about 45 to 50 feet. i felt like i was floating forever though. so i got a case of sissyitus and started jumping smaller well big red had a camera .and when i pulled up he politely told me i was jumping like a wuss. so got some clicked at least one or two more like the first and i was done

then it was james turn and he ran outa skill........... :flipoff: his ricochete has never been airborn because of the 10" kings were to soft with no bypasses he bottomed the front on whoops! so anywase off he goes.

he gets a whoppin 2 feet by 10 feet :idiot: he keeps tryin and biulding his confidence well that wasnt good enough for me. i ran out to the jump and held my two hands into the shape of a vagina to show him my support of his jumping skills............ James not to give in to peer pressure for any reason :dunno: hit that sucker and got 8 to 10 feet flew 65 feet and landed smooth it was freaking awsom !!! however... he pulled his foot back off the throttle but when he landed he hit the gas while at full compression. POW !!!

cv joint went on vacation :idiot::idiot::idiot: his car was done. we pulled it back to camp with my car (flinging sand and rocks ):banghead: oooops and we loaded up and went home

my light bar with the acuator is the only way to dune. i dunno how i duned without it. that moonless night that acuator really helped. sway bar needs to step up to a 1" rod but took 50% of my body roll out as it was though handled sweet. new tranny stuff car shifts smooth. motor is awsome never got hot ran cooler than a stock ls1 i was very happy. needs a couple of adjustments on 0 to 3000 range no oil leaks and I NEVER TOUCHED A WRENCH IT JUST WENT !!!

DAVID aka big red and his family. i met them here, are very good people! we enjoyed there company and we invited him to camp with us halloween! awsom :laughoff:

big red has the jumping pics i will post them when he sends them to me :dunno::laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

Nice Bob! :bawl:

Glad it all went well for you. Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Wish we could have made it but, my Bob is still at work tonight. Looks like we'll be doing our shakedown next weekend if all goes well here!!

Can't WAIT for season to start!!

Good lord, Bob. :flipoff::laughoff::laughoff:

You think 208 or 210 is warm? Try 230+. Thats about what we were running on a medium pace dune ride at the night ride back in August. :laughing: The combination of that heat and SOFT sand is hell on motors. :laughoff::banghead:

Glad your motor had no issues. :laughoff: No wrenching is always good!! :bawl:

Nice Bob!

Glad it all went well for you. Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Wish we could have made it but, my Bob is still at work tonight. Looks like we'll be doing our shakedown next weekend if all goes well here!!

Can't WAIT for season to start!!

sorry you couldnt make it we relly did have fun and intresting..................................... :laughoff:

on top of it all i have a gps :banghead: i would have turned it on and set my way points but its dumont. you cant get lost in dumont :laughing:

we had a blast we laughed off the mishaps and rocked on that jump of james was worth the cv joint :bawl:

Good lord, Bob.

You think 208 or 210 is warm? Try 230+. Thats about what we were running on a medium pace dune ride at the night ride back in August. The combination of that heat and SOFT sand is hell on motors.

Glad your motor had no issues. No wrenching is always good!!

dang pete your motor can take that kind of heat ??

Edited by barefoot bob

sorry you couldnt make it we relly did have fun and intresting..................................... :laughoff:

on top of it all i have a gps :laughoff: i would have turned it on and set my way points but its dumont. you cant get lost in dumont :banghead:

we had a blast we laughed off the mishaps and rocked on that jump of james was worth the cv joint :laughing:

Good lord, Bob.

Next time :bawl:

And we'll see if our little ole beam car can keep up with you as well! And help you get lost.

on top of it all i have a gps :laughoff: i would have turned it on and set my way points but its dumont. you cant get lost in dumont :laughoff:

we had a blast we laughed off the mishaps and rocked on that jump of james was worth the cv joint :bawl:

Good lord, Bob.

I didn't hold it there for long. After some hard runs it reached that much. Most motors can pretty much handle it, you just don't wanna keep running it there for long. OGP's LS1 got up there too. On an average we were running between 215 and 225 on dune runs.

Have I mentioned I can't wait for winter!!! :banghead::laughing:

I didn't hold it there for long. After some hard runs it reached that much. Most motors can pretty much handle it, you just don't wanna keep running it there for long. OGP's LS1 got up there too. On an average we were running between 215 and 225 on dune runs.

Have I mentioned I can't wait for winter!!! :laughing::bawl:

man me too. i didnt want to leave.

my last 2 motors they got near 220 they were not going back they just kept going :banghead: i was so sick of that

Edited by barefoot bob

:shocked2: :laughoff: LOST ? Are you sure you were in Dumont? :flipoff::flipoff:

J/K I've been lost in Dumont before too.

It's been a LONG time though.

I think the trick is to shut your headlights off for a second and look for the lighter color hills (sand).

I don't think I'm putting a light bar on mine , Cuz I don't need the help.... getting LOST. :clap::slap:

Yep 208 is a great running temp. Mine runs 210-220. :thumb: Congrats on that one.

Glad you had a great and safe trip Bob. Wish I was there. :driver::driver:

Lookin' forward to an Awesome season with you mang. :beercheers:

:MBdance:

so how do you call someone a wuss politely :beercheers:

glad to here your car ran so good, lost how the :shocked2: do you do that??????????

did big red have his new hauler??? Dave and his family are very nice folks hope to run with them at halloween

the new lsx engines can run 220 all day thats where they are designed to run

:beercheers: im to old school for that . i would be driving nervous. my built caddy ran cooler than a stock ls1. thank god i got some peace of mind. now if i can just figure out where im at :shocked2: ............................

:slap:

:shocked2: :laughoff: LOST ? Are you sure you were in Dumont? :flipoff::flipoff:

J/K I've been lost in Dumont before too.

It's been a LONG time though.

I think the trick is to shut your headlights off for a second and look for the lighter color hills (sand).

I don't think I'm putting a light bar on mine , Cuz I don't need the help.... getting LOST. :clap::slap:

Yep 208 is a great running temp. Mine runs 210-220. :thumb: Congrats on that one.

Glad you had a great and safe trip Bob. Wish I was there. :driver::thumb:

Lookin' forward to an Awesome season with you mang. :beercheers:

:driver:

no moon no sillouett im telling you it was darker than compton. i mean you know any direction will get you

u out safe. but getting turned aroung like that is :MBdance:

ya barney dave had his new hauler out there it was nice

Edited by barefoot bob

Sounds like an interesting weekend! glad to hear the car ran good and no major problems occured :DDRrocks: . I saw your car at James' house when i dropped my seats off over there, it is bad :MBdance: ! James' car is really nice too. sounds like the jumps were a lot of fun along with getting lost :pissed: at least you made the best out of it. It probably actually turned into a good night ride! :beercheers:

Sounds like an interesting weekend! glad to hear the car ran good and no major problems occured :MBdance: . I saw your car at James' house when i dropped my seats off over there, it is bad :thumb: ! James' car is really nice too. sounds like the jumps were a lot of fun along with getting lost :laughoff: at least you made the best out of it. It probably actually turned into a good night ride! :DDRrocks:

i guess technicly it isnt really being lost you can straight line outa there and get your bearings. but that was to simple we kept duning and traversing till were turned around. we were laughing our :drunk: off the whole time it was really a great ride.

Mine ran @ 180 all day. But I wasn't in the soft sand either so that might be why

mine only did 208 at about 100 degrees in soft sand when we went out and did the morning dune 180 the whole time :pissed:

glad to here the pimp caddy ran great.

but this :beercheers:

dave (big red) was the only one with a camera he is supposed email me the pics but he hasnt been on. ill call him :laughoff:

just got back to homebase and still dusting the sand off. heh after leaving Dumont I decided to take a little side trip and stop by Calico "Ghost Town" to prospect for gold. all they have is silver there. :thumb: so thats why that late response on those pics bob. i will get them out to you tonight'ish.

as bob said i took the new hauler out. if anyone is dragging low in the backend you will leave your a$$ at the river. casters sure did come in handy :drunk: they better get some dirt in there fast or it aint gonna be pretty. one part i beg to differ on the story, that is NOT a washboad road. those are now officially small whoops in my book. i was shaken up so bad i nearly puked. on the way out i did 3 mph and that seemed to work. yeh i know, 3mph. :laughoff:

as for the battery problem, someone put it better. more like "driver error." i was so excited when i loaded up the buggy i left ignition and lights on. :MBdance:

i got a really good ride in, thank you James' for the lead. it was fun playing catch up to the big boys in my little rail. but she handled good and ran strong. the newly fixed turning brake works freaking awesome. i never would have been able to keep up with them without it. i did flub a couple transitions, but dang what a difference have the brake helps.

i now know the true meaning of a "moonless night" :DDRrocks: that was a bit scary. i almost got lost playing on the small finger dune by camp.

bobs' first jump was the best, James' last jump was the best.

when James' decides to lose his skills....... at least he did it flyin pretty! that was a beauty of a jump. course i saw james turn 3 different shades of white in mid air. How'd he do that? :laughoff:

when bob loses his skills, he decides to not do it in front of newly met friends, and no cameras around. :laughoff:

what a great time was had. big thanks to bob and the crew for having us out. your car is mother effin smokin HOT! i bet it even looks pretty when its stuck! :pissed:

bob thanks again. i will be out there halloween for sure..... Lord willing........... :beercheers:

ok off to a much needed nap......safe duning.

so how do you call someone a wuss politely :beercheers:

glad to here your car ran so good, lost how the :MBdance: do you do that??????????

did big red have his new hauler??? Dave and his family are very nice folks hope to run with them at halloween

how do you call someone a wuss politely? keep telling him nicely over and over his first jump was the best. :D

btw i have met nothing but a good bunch of folks from this board. wanted to say much appreciated to everyones hospitality. :DDRrocks:

HA! You guys think the road was bad this time around? You should have taken the road a couple months ago after they first layed that crap down. THAT was bad. It shook the damn wood paneling right off my fridge. :DDRrocks:

Hopefully they do something soon with it when they get the second batch of recycled asphalt. :beercheers:

:MBdance:

HA! You guys think the road was bad this time around? You should have taken the road a couple months ago after they first layed that crap down. THAT was bad. It shook the damn wood paneling right off my fridge. :drunk:

Hopefully they do something soon with it when they get the second batch of recycled asphalt. :DDRrocks:

lol pete my screws poped out around the tv set whoever said go a lil faster is full of sh*t 3mph is it :laughoff:

and what red calls driver error on the battery i guess you could say he ran outa skills too :pissed::watching:

i was trying to save him the embaressment. hes just an honest guy :laughoff:

truth be told we were all to excited :laughoff:

hey david want some more rum :laughoff::beercheers::thumb:

Edited by barefoot bob