Unique rail at the SSSS

dunefreak

there were a few broads there that caught my eye.

Yeah I saw a few guys also. Especially that one that was walking around with out a shirt by the FoDD booth!! :idiot:

Belts? Yeah they work REALLY good I a snowmobile. I wouldn't think they would work too good in a rail, but what do I know? :idiot::thumb: Just doesn't seem right.

By the way the builder of this car :lol: took desert dynamics/buggy works chassis to china, had it ripped off to the tee ( up to the b piller, front end, front and rear arms) added king knock off piggy packs and is selling it right in front of everyone. Look closer at arms and front end! (that's bullshxt) :lol::lol:

Edited by monsterman

By the way the builder of this car :lol: took desert dynamics/buggy works chassis to china, had it ripped off to the tee ( up to the b piller, front end, front and rear arms) added king knock off piggy packs and is selling it right in front of everyone. Look closer at arms and front end! (that's bullshxt) :dance: :lol:

That pretty much exactly what this builder did too from what I heard. The owner bought a Short Sand car a few years ago (per SSC) and then basically copied almost everything from thier design and are now selling these cars. :lol:

(Sand fever)

SSSS_(66).JPG

SSSS_(67).JPG

gee...look familair?

(SSC)

Levi%20carppage1a.jpg

Gregscarppa1.JPG

I took a pretty close look at those Sand Fever cars and even the suspension looked identical to a SSC. I guess alot of builders are copying each other these days. :lol:

They look pretty close but I guess if you wanted to get technical about it there are at least 3 differences I can see with a quick look. Granted if you were to look at one without the other present they would be easily confused.

I have a sled motor powered 2 seat mini with belt drive and love it. The biggest problem with the belt is heat and of course the sand. The only time I fry a belt is racing up the mtn over and over and not letting the belt cool down.

Last year at St.Anthony we were parked next to this rail. If you are familiar with sleds then you will reconize "hymark" on the side. The tranny and clutches were built by the owner Steve Benson.

post-961-1190213396_thumb.jpg

post-961-1190213411_thumb.jpg

post-961-1190213424_thumb.jpg

They look pretty close but I guess if you wanted to get technical about it there are at least 3 differences I can see with a quick look. Granted if you were to look at one without the other present they would be easily confused.

Yes there are some differences....very small ones. I didn't say there weren't any. But the frame design and suspension is almost exactly the same. They added a B pillar and some plated crap at the corners of the cage, but for the most part the frame and suspension is exactly the same.

in my profession....copying ones methods is the best form of flattery........too bad these sand car mfg's didnt think to patent their shiz

:headbang1:

They didn't copy their method, they copied their design.

It looks like all they did was add a B pillar and the 2 bars in the back.

It's rediculous how much they copied though....

SandFever

post-3-1190216447_thumb.jpg

post-3-1190216457_thumb.jpg

SSC

P.%20Atkins%20Car%2001.png

post-3-1190221520_thumb.jpg

I understand that builders use each other's ideas and there is only so much you can do to be different, but come on! :headbang1:

They didn't copy their method, they copied their design.

well, that is what i meant :laughing: <<<<<<<me

if a teacher likes the way I model certain curricula to the students, then they are free to use it and vice versa.

but these blatant copies, with minimal changes, of sand rail frames is :headbang1: it is happening with the quads too. there was a show in Indiana for off-road stuff that DIRT HOMOZ (omg am i talking aboutr another magazine article??? :boyyy: :laughing: ) wrote that said the blantant chinese knock-offs were being seized by some govt enTITy...

here is a topic @ GD.com about chinese knock offs in general..not just the off-road industry :blury:

Edited by richard cheese

They use them on boats also, but again, they a very light. My friend and I were talking about them on cars the other day.

Please explain further what make them "no so good" on cars. Is it because to the weight of the car and the torque?

I take it all back. I had NO idea what I was talking about. I guess I was thinking of something different. Danny and I were talking about again last night and he, "just shook his head :laughing: , grab a beer :blury: and said very quietly, she doesn't get it. :headbang1: "

But, after a short time I did start to a a small understanding :laughing:

I'll stop talking now. :boyyy:

I don't know about the atv market but I know there is alot of copy-cat designs in rhino cages. Here is one Paul with Hi Dezert Fabrications designed 2 years ago and the longtravel is the cage that PDS is making now.

Hi Dezert's original from 2 years ago.

post-3139-1190262968_thumb.jpg

PDS now.

post-3139-1190263034_thumb.jpg