BLM Passes

SandBlasted

I just talked to Larry over at the BLM about the passes, their goal is to have no on site sales of the passes at some point at Dumont.

We are going to get setup with them for our store sometime after the 26th of October. We will be offering them on line mail order as well. (we have to complete a trainign class)

I assume we are going to be selling them when we vend, but when no venders are around I can see this being a problem for those who don't know to go to the Valaro, or where ever they are going to sell them from in baker.

Oh I can see the traffic jam now in baker. :angry2:

I just talked to Larry over at the BLM about the passes, their goal is to have no on site sales of the passes at some point at Dumont.

We are going to get setup with them for our store sometime after the 26th of October. We will be offering them on line mail order as well. (we have to complete a trainign class)

I assume we are going to be selling them when we vend, but when no venders are around I can see this being a problem for those who don't know to go to the Valaro, or where ever they are going to sell them from in baker.

Oh I can see the traffic jam now in baker. :angry2:

Their goal is to have retail vendors in the surronding cities and towns. they are also having vendors who sell at Dumont have the ability to sell them. BLM will also sell them at their office and is trying to do an on line purchase set up. They are also considering having the area hosts have the ability to sell them at the dunes.

My question is....if we have to keep the receipts from the week passes for credit towards a season pass, how will we be able to get that credit online or at a location selling passes?

i agree with don.. but what about those of us who dont travel thru baker... i dont want to change my route because the only place i can get a pass is thru baker.. .eff that.. they should have the pay stations still operable there at the entrance like normal.. then have someone checking as they come and go.. no pass there is a pay station put your card in and get a pass. .

My question is....if we have to keep the receipts from the week passes for credit towards a season pass, how will we be able to get that credit online or at a location selling passes?

I can see that being a mess.......even with the vendors. Should be interesting to say the least. :angry2:

For those that don't know how to click :flipoff: ....

October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008

Weekly passes for Dumont Dunes will be sold for $20 from October 1, until BLM meets with the new Recreation Advisory Council. This council should meet in early October. At that meeting BLM will present the TRT recommended fee plan for 2007. BLM will receive advice from the council then may adjust the fees. After the fee adjustment, BLM will print annual passes and make them available for purchase. This is anticipated to happen in November 2007.

Since the annual passes will not be available at the beginning of the year, BLM will allow a dollar for dollar off-set for weekly passes purchased prior to the availability of the annual pass. For example, turn in 2 weekly passes and get $40 off the annual pass. There are limits on this offset: one may turn in only one weekly pass per week and proof of purchase of the weekly pass by the annual pass buyer, proof of purchase would be shown by return of the pass and showing the receipt with a name or credit card number.

Dumont Dunes

IMPORTANT PASS INFORMATION

BLM IS FAZING OUT SELLING PASSES AT DUMONT DUNES.

PLEASE BUY YOUR PASS OFF-SITE. Show your support of the local gateway communities! Then they will support you and your recreation at Dumont Dunes!

THE BLM WEBPAGE WILL HAVE THE MOST RECENT VENDORS OR CALL BLM AT 760-252-6000.

BLM is in the process of signing the contracts with cooperating pass vendors. No contracts are finalized right now. We anticipate that Valero in Baker will be selling passes. They will also place reminders to duners to buy the passes on their highway signs.

During the faze out, BLM will sell passes onsite by credit card only. So if you do not stop on the way in, please make sure you have a credit card with you.

Hope that helps. :flipoff::dunno::banghead:

This whole pass thing is confusing as hell. Im just going to go out there and pay with a credit card. Running around town or stopping in baker seems like a pain in the a$$ to go duning. This was very poorly planned or I should say very poorly not planned. Typical government BS.

Nevada off Road has them as of today. Go after 10:00 :lol:

I believe your talking about NV. off road buggy having Ca. Green Stickers, not Dune passes. The contracts have not been put out for Vegas sales as of yet as far as I know.

Yes I agree with Tim that it could have come off better however we are dealing with goverment contracts both in selling the passes but in letting the last contract with Western Maint. go away. This takes time in goverment terms, everything they do has to be approved by someone else, it's a joke that the goverment operates the way they do but it is what it is. We are working to make the transition smooth as possible but we are aware that there will be some who don't like the way it will be and others will love it. So I figure if we are pleasing half the duners we are batting 500% and that's pretty good! :shake:

Edited by ynot

I believe your talking about NV. off road buggy having Ca. Green Stickers, not Dune passes. The contracts have not been put out for Vegas sales as of yet as far as I know.

Yes I agree with Tim that it could have come off better however we are dealing with goverment contracts both in selling the passes but in letting the last contract with Western Maint. go away. This takes time in Goverment terms, everything they do has to be approved by someone else it's a joke that the goverment operates the way they do but it is what it is. We are working to make the transition smootth as possible but we are aware that there will be some who don't like the way it will be and others will love it. So I figure if we are pleasing half the duners we are batting 500% and that's pretty good! :lol:

No I am Talking BLM Passes. They picked em up from BLM last week. I am going to pick 1 up now. Let you know for sure.

No I am Talking BLM Passes. They picked em up from BLM last week. I am going to pick 1 up now. Let you know for sure.

I just checked the BLM web site and yes the Nv. off road buggy is listed as a vendor where you can get passes. I am so glad they told everyone, typical goverment operation.

I'm being serious and not to :beercheers: , but............do we have to get one before we leave town or can we get one at dumont?

From what the BLM has told us, they will be selling the weekly passes by credit card out there. That's what I gather. :flipoff:

I'm a bit confused. So, If we get a week pass for $20 then when they decide to print the season passes are we going to get credit for all the 20.00's we paid. WTF! If this happens they will get alot more money.

I kinda get the feeling I'm getting :beercheers:

This is the time of year we always get our pass.

Edited by desertskyz

I'm a bit confused. So, If we get a week pass for $20 then when they decide to print the season passes are we going to get credit for all the 20.00's we paid. WTF! If this happens they will get alot more money.

I kinda get the feeling I'm getting :beercheers:

This is the time of year we always get our pass.

The deal is that you get dollar for dollar credit for all weekly passes you buy before the season passes are completed. 2 rules- you must keep the credit card receipt and pass together for return, and the pass must be in your name via the credit card slip.

If you buy 100.00 worth of passes before the season passes come out and you only want a non holiday yearly pass for $90.00 you Will Not get a $10.00 refund. If you want the holiday pass you would turn in all 5 of your weekly's and $20.00 and you will be good to go.

We are not taking in any more money in fact we are taking in less due to the use of last years prices instead of the higher ones that take effect in November.