toiletpapering-right of passage, or vandalism

Richard Cheese

last night, my dogs went apeshiz at about 2am.

I walk to the front of the house, and c*ck the blinds enough to see a PACK of about 15-20 MINORS walking in a group down the street. all of them had what looked like massive amounts of toilet paper.

i kinda wrote it off, gave my dogs a treat, cause they did what they were supposed to do, and went back to bed.

I woke up later this morning, walked out side, and.......... :beatdeadhorse: GOOD GOD .........toilet paper up and down the street as far as the eye could see!. there were two houses that got hit bad. The only thing i had to do was clean up the street in front of my house, but...........................

If given the opportunity again, would you have confronted them (with a firearm of course), as i feel that nothing positive is happening with a group of minors out after midnight.

Or should it just be seen as a right of passage?

i'm all for confrontation, and saving my property from being vandalized/damaged, but my wife sees it the other way.

what say you?

I think the gun would be a little much if you confronted them, but I would definitely just keep an eye out for them trashing your yard or house. We all did it when we were kids so you can't get too mad about it.

I'd just give em a little scare and let them know if ANYTHING happened to your house (whether it was them or not)- you know who to come after. :news::beatdeadhorse:

We did all do it when we were kids BUT it was usually to friends houses etc.

When I was in the 4th grade I remember the cops being called by my mother who heard someone in the front yard ( she was hiding under her desk and scared as we had an intruder 3 months prior)

The groupl of girls had TP'd almost every house in our Neighborhood. Over 100 houses SERIOUS TPing too.

They filled the trunk of 8 police cars with crumbled up toilet paper. They made them go get every last bit off of every last house. Dont know how many rolls would fit in 8 police cruisers but it was alot. Do not know if they got charged either.

About 2 yrs ago our house got TP'd with about 30 rolls of toilet paper, they stuck plastic knives & forks in the lawn an wrapped plastic wrap around the car. We didn't think too much of it other than we couldn't believe we didn't hear them and the dog didn't bark. The only thing that pissed us off is they also left thier bag from the purchase of TP and supplies along with the receipt. We made our teenage son get up and help clean up since we figured it was probably done by someone he knows anyway.

When I was growig up our next door neighbor's house would get hit almost 3 times a month weekends week nights didnt matter they even made tools for getting the stuff out of their trees.. When property is damaged thats when it pisses me off... kids will be kids although I do think the times have chaged and T'Ping someones house can be a "gateway" to other forms of late night activitey....

I walk to the front of the house, and c*ck the blinds enough to see a PACK of about 15-20 MINORS walking in a group down the street. all of them had what looked like massive amounts of toilet paper.

i kinda wrote it off, gave my dogs a treat, cause they did what they were supposed to do, and went back to bed.

I woke up later this morning, walked out side, and.......... :drinkbeer: GOOD GOD .........toilet paper up and down the street as far as the eye could see!. there were two houses that got hit bad. The only thing i had to do was clean up the street in front of my house, but...........................

If given the opportunity again, would you have confronted them (with a firearm of course), as i feel that nothing positive is happening with a group of minors out after midnight.

Or should it just be seen as a right of passage?

i'm all for confrontation, and saving my property from being vandalized/damaged, but my wife sees it the other way.

what say you?

EASY TOUGH GUY!! It's toilet paper. It's freaks like you I see on the news. Kid get's shot over Toilet papering. Kids are Kids no need to threaten someone with a gun over that.

EASY TOUGH GUY!! It's toilet paper. It's freaks like you I see on the news. Kid get's shot over Toilet papering. Kids are Kids no need to threaten someone with a gun over that.

Calling someone a freak is still a personal attack....even if it's a weak one. :drinkbeer:

Calling someone a freak is still a personal attack....even if it's a weak one. :drinkbeer:

Hey no problem. Ill remember to watch that. I just don't see the need for people to run around and brag about how they would carry a firearm all the time.

Im just glad I have neighbors that actually look out for each other and would have called attention to the kids and the parties getting TP'ed. If it was me I sure as hell would not sit back and let them TP my neighboors house. Kinda commen sense in you ask me.

Edited by offroadryan

My question is What on earth are 15-20 minors doing roaming the streets at 2am. I would have called the PD. I also would have watched them to see if they came on my property and the taken alittle "FUN" action myself. :drinkbeer: Like letting the dogs loose "on a leash of course" or maybe a sneak attack with the hose. And yes cheese, I don't give a care what anyone says about guns, I would of had mine on me just as a precaution. You and I both know how kids can be and what they are capable of. Thats what we do for a living. So, :think: anyone who thinks that "Preparedness" is a sign of someone wanting to think they are Bigshot, tuffguy. I most certainly am not any of those people.

But all in all, The funniest part is to sneak up on them when they think they are getting way with something. And, getting them first. Most kids would get a kick out of it and laugh like he!! as they were running off.

Edited by desertskyz

My question is What on earth are 15-20 minors doing roaming the streets at 2am. I would have called the PD. I also would have watched them to see if they came on my property and the taken alittle "FUN" action myself. :drinkbeer: Like letting the dogs loose "on a leash of course" or maybe a sneak attack with the hose.

thats what i was thinking.. i mean im sure their parents didn't know, and IF they did....we know where the malfunction comes from....

we had a bad experience with our german shepard attacking one of the neighbor kids (who fully deserved it). we had to put our dog down, even though i had hours of video of that kid and his friends TORMENTING him. i wanted to chase them down in my truck, but hell, it was 2 am, and they walked past my house...i said effe it and went to bed

And yes cheese, I don't give a care what anyone says about guns, I would of had mine on me just as a precaution. You and I both know how kids can be and what they are capable of. Thats what we do for a living. So, :think: anyone who thinks that "Preparedness" is a sign of someone wanting to think they are Bigshot, tuffguy. I most certainly am not any of those people.

But all in all, The funniest part is to sneak up on them when they think they are getting way with something. And, getting them first. Most kids would get a kick out of it and laugh like he!! as they were running off.

yeah, with 15-20 against 1, the .40 cal woulda went with me on that HAD I STEPPED OUT OF THE HOUSE. I should have called the cops, but with response times being DAYS....what really would have hapened?

thats what i was thinking.. i mean im sure their parents didn't know, and IF they did....we know where the malfunction comes from....

we had a bad experience with our german shepard attacking one of the neighbor kids (who fully deserved it). we had to put our dog down, even though i had hours of video of that kid and his friends TORMENTING him. i wanted to chase them down in my truck, but hell, it was 2 am, and they walked past my house...i said effe it and went to bed

yeah, with 15-20 against 1, the .40 cal woulda went with me on that HAD I STEPPED OUT OF THE HOUSE. I should have called the cops, but with response times being DAYS....what really would have hapened?

This is not rocket science people. All you had to do was turn your front porch lights on shine a flashlight down the street on the kids then sit back and watch them scatter like the running of the bulls. I would be so bent if my neighbor said he saw 15-20 kids in the street armed with toilet paper and his response was "I didn't think much about it"

your right, but being on my property is!

If you are on my property, i do not care what you are doing your getting a gun pointed at you. I know many people who are just like me. None of us are freaks, all are successful and very well trained with a firearm.

your right, but being on my property is!

If you are on my property, i do not care what you are doing your getting a gun pointed at you. I know many people who are just like me. None of us are freaks, all are successful and very well trained with a firearm.

:laughoff:

Think about how many kids have guns now :laughoff: .