the accomplishments of a former student of mine

Richard Cheese

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Two more men have been arrested in connection with the shooting on Westdale Avenue in which a homeowner shot an intruder to death.

Sheriff's officials said two vehicles, each with two men inside, went to the 15000 block of Westdale Drive to set the home of Steven Stewart on fire.

An apparent home invasion Monday night ended with the homeowner shooting and killing the intruder, sheriff's officials said. Ulises Aaron Espino, 19, was shot to death after trying to force his way through a bedroom window into the Rosedale home of Steven Stewart.

According to the sheriff's department, Espino was driven to Stewart's house by Alberto Torres, 18, of Bakersfield.

Sheriff's officials said two brothers, Cesar Montoya, 23, and Jesus Delgado Estrada, 29, drove ahead of Espino and Torres to the home of Steven Stewart.

Montoya and Estrada are the cousins of Espino.

Once the two vehicles arrived on Westdale Drive, Montoya and Estrada pointed out Stewart's residence to Espino and Torres.

Espino tried to enter through a front window while Stewart was asleep. Stewart awoke and fired two rounds from a shotgun.

Injured, Espino fell back out through the window. He and Torres fled Stewart's residence and the two vehicles met in the area prior to calling 911 for Espino.

Espino, shot in the abdomen and lower torso, was taken to Kern Medical Center while Torres was detained.

Espino later died at Kern Medical Center.

Sheriff's homicide detectives and deputies from the Sheriff's Special Operations Group served a search warrant at Estrada and Montoya's residence at 1825 3rd Street, apartment C on Wednesday. A large sum of money and two firearms were seized, one of which had been reported stolen in 2006.

Montoya and Estrada were both arrested for the death of Espino, the attempted slaying of Stewart, attempted arson and conspiracy.

According to a sheriff's report, Espino was in possession of a flammable liquid while breaking into Stewart's home and they appeared to be entering to set the home on fire.

Torres has been arrested on charges of murder, attempted murder, attempted arson, participation in a street gang and conspiracy.

Last month someone fired a 12-gauge slug from Stewart's back yard in through his living room window. The slug went into the recliner he was sitting in, missing him by inches.

Sheriff's deputies have not related the two incidents and said the motive for Monday night's home invasion and shooting is unclear.

According to Bakersfield.com, Stewart said he isn't sure why he was targeted.

the kid was a POS in school, never did any work, was always in trouble...yada yada yada

THATS WHY I ALWAYS KEEP A LOADED SHOT GUN IN MY ROOM CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW-BUT I DO KNOW THIS I DIDNT KEEP A LOADED FIRE ARM UNTIL WE GOT HOME FROM DUMONT AND THE NEXT MORNING I WENT OUT TO MOVE MY WIFES CAR AND NOTICE IT WAS A MESS AND IT WASNT LOCKED THEN REALIZING THAT IT HAD BEEN BROKEN INTO BUT THE WERID THING WAS THEY ONLY TOOK OUR GARAGE DOOR REMOTE AND LEFT THE CDS AND $80.00 IN THE ASH TRAY AND THEY HAD PULLED THE ASH TRAY OUT AND WHEN I TALKED TO MY NEIGHBORS THEY TO HAD BEEN BROKEN INTO BUT THEY STOLE THEIR TOOLS,CDS,CHANGE OF THE ASH TRAY AND WHAT EVER ELSE SO I THINK SOMEONE WHAT I HAVE IN MY GARAGE.I ALMOST HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY NO MORE REMOTES IN THE CARS AND NOW MY GARAGE DOORS ARE BOLTED DOWN AND I HAVE A LOADED SEMI AUTOMATIC SHOT GUN WAITING FOR THE STUIPED PIECE OF CRAP HOPEFULLY I NEVER HAVE USE IT...SORRY FOR MY LLLLLONG STORY

THATS WHY I ALWAYS KEEP A LOADED SHOT GUN IN MY ROOM CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW-BUT I DO KNOW THIS I DIDNT KEEP A LOADED FIRE ARM UNTIL WE GOT HOME FROM DUMONT AND THE NEXT MORNING I WENT OUT TO MOVE MY WIFES CAR AND NOTICE IT WAS A MESS AND IT WASNT LOCKED THEN REALIZING THAT IT HAD BEEN BROKEN INTO BUT THE WERID THING WAS THEY ONLY TOOK OUR GARAGE DOOR REMOTE AND LEFT THE CDS AND $80.00 IN THE ASH TRAY AND THEY HAD PULLED THE ASH TRAY OUT AND WHEN I TALKED TO MY NEIGHBORS THEY TO HAD BEEN BROKEN INTO BUT THEY STOLE THEIR TOOLS,CDS,CHANGE OF THE ASH TRAY AND WHAT EVER ELSE SO I THINK SOMEONE WHAT I HAVE IN MY GARAGE.I ALMOST HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY NO MORE REMOTES IN THE CARS AND NOW MY GARAGE DOORS ARE BOLTED DOWN AND I HAVE A LOADED SEMI AUTOMATIC SHOT GUN WAITING FOR THE STUIPED PIECE OF CRAP HOPEFULLY I NEVER HAVE USE IT...SORRY FOR MY LLLLLONG STORY

You mean sorry for the longest run on sentence in the world :coocoo:;)

Definitley don't leave the garage door remote in any vehicle. That is the easiest way for someone to break into your house. :no_no: