2-Stroke oil

indasand

Ok I have been using MC-1 for years and just got laughed at last night from a buddy of mine... So I thought I would ask what everyody else is using. My bud swears by Red Line and told me to switch and run it 50:1 no matter what. So I copied a paragraph from red line.com for your reading pleasure...

Two-Stroke Racing Oil

Red Line Oil’s popular two-stroke lubricants contain base oils which have the highest film strength and greatest affinity for hot metal. Because Red Line is a superior high temperature lubricant, it can be used at lower fuel to oil ratios, increasing power and providing excellent scuff protection and cleanliness. Where many two stroke oils are recommended to run at 32:1, many Red Line customers often mix their fuel at a leaner, 40:1. Red Line provides the lubricating qualities of castor oil, but provide exceptional cleanliness, with low carbon residue that dramatically reduces plug fouling and smoke. Red Line provides special protection for reformulated fuels. Dyno proven to make more power over longer periods of operating time.

i run redline pre-mix in my 100 rwh banshee @ 32:1, but after reading your paragraph i may try 40:1 next trip.

i've been running redline for over three years, and i've never seized a motor. i also run it in my gf's 74 rwh banshee. third season on the build.

before running redline, i ran mc-1 for a couple trips. seized a motor, but it was caused because the motor sucked a v-force reed petal and not because of the oil.

• 3 weeks later...

927 @ 40:1 seems to be the magic ticket for the 500's

:beercheers::laughing: i've been running amsoil dominator because everyone i know that's road for years said it's the best, but.. when i got this zilla they were saying 927 castor @ 24:1 ?? which seems like ALOT of oil and some have told me that 927 castor is bad at gumming up powervalves??

Kind of funny actually.

You could ask 100 people and get 100 different opinions on oil.

927 is good oil, but yes it does gum up powervalves, hence the reason Maxima also sells PVC (Power Valve Cleaner)

Oil preference is regional as well.

In the midwest it was Golden Spectro/ Klotz / Redline / Torqo, and people never ran any Maxima products.

Heck, we were one of the largest dealerships in the midwest and rarley sold Yamalube 2R and we were a Yamaha dealer