Thanksgiving Weekend Trip Reports

HappyHour

-Yeah Mike's truck pulled his share of stuck vehicles and on the way out...the tranny hated us all the way home. It is now in the shop.

-Jill and Charlie...duneroids.com has got to happen now!! Oh and make sure to put the dead cat back on the ranger when you get it back.

-That fire was so hot...we were almost back past the quads when it was going. That Sheriff was pretty funny though.

-The snowman lasted for quite a while, then its head fell off.

I don't know Nicole, I thought ol DUNEROID was gonna sign in on DDR?

The "KITTY CAT" I think will be around for awhile Charlie likes playing with it

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, here's one that just came to mind I can't believe we forgot about...

(In a super excited voice) "Cool Whip? Yeah we have Cool Whip, how much do you want? What?... Oh COOLANT, sorry." :laughoff::blink:

LMAO that one was great. I bet she still has all that cool whip too, I know we came home with half of ours, HAHAHA!!!

Thanks NicoleinVegas! We had a great time until the air filter started getting plugged! I highly recommend an Audi, the all wheel drive is great. Only made it 1/4 the way up comp because of the rollers. I made it up atv/banshe hill, but I had to go up the right side :-( Tire chains and some more HP would be nice! BTW, my 4 year old daughter was in the back seat loving it! :D

:blink: thats crazy :laughoff:

Got home yesterday afternoon :( . coming home to reality after being at the dunes :driver: :mc_smiley: :dance: :rockwoot: Really sucks! But as for t-day weekend it was my best in the past 5 years at Dumont :MBdance::rockon: It was reallywierd at night it was quiet :dunno: and you could actually ride a quad in the dunes on fri. and sat. :MBdance: I even went up comp a few time on quad and in rail both days :assblast: Only had on issue that was with the idiot w/ a brown w graphics trlr towing it was a new chevy 2500 4x4 they stopped next to our camp for about 3 hrs. helped them start thier gen. uh TURN GAS ON :idea::blink::coocoo: when they drove off they left 3 bags of trash and oil So I went to rangers and pointed them out :blah::blah: and of course after they were told by BLM and had to turn around thay called someone to p/up before BLM got there now I am looking like a idiot ( left cam at home) my problem with BLM is on the way back this guy was calling the rangers a bunch names and doing at least 35 mph back to camp with attitude he never recieved a Ticket :banghead: :angry2: and he actually asked for a free pass for his time and ranger said no because he called him a a..hole :banghead: What are they there for ? :undecided:

Our trip was great! Except knowing that people came into our camp at 2am.. thank goodness it wasn't a rhino that came up missing though. Still the thought of people jacking stuff pisses me off! Anyways, back to subject. Great runs! Me and my brother had some great rides on quads. And brothers + rhino = not a good combination! Comp.. quite fun this trip! Oh yes, and did anyone hear about the Chevy truck pulling the semi out and something about the frame snapped in half? Not sure if it's fact or fiction. But if it is true, did anyone get pictures of this? Just interested :)

metalalien nice job on the video...I like the helmet cam angels. Your bike has picked up alot from the last time I saw it, nice work.

Thanks man, I seemed to find a sweet spot at 15psi and alky, but like always I will keep thinking of more things to try. :)

I forgot to add:

Sand~Snake came by our camp and asked where bathroom 10 was. I guess he didn't know who I was.

and: :flipoff: to the guy in the blue with silver flames LT car doing a full on wheelie down the road into Vendors Row. Happened right by the big bush stand out there. He was coming straight at us. Effn jerk! Prove how cool you are on a fast ride with people who know. It's people like you that kill others and little kids who drive their little quads around with blinders on. Slow your effn lame a$$ down. And read the :flipoff: about driving on the flats! :flipoff:

:think: I feel better now

What a great weekend we had!! Going out to Dumont this last Thanksgiving was just awesome. We have two kids who ride and on a usual holiday weekend you have to worry a little more than you like about the kids riding. But...this was a great weekend for a family! We did take a good ride out with 2 other family's tothe memorials on the top of the hill, not only were they done so nicely I thought it was good for the kids to see that being out there on those toys can be dangerous. We have made it a point that when we pack up to leave the kids take their bikes and shovels to their little tracks that they have made. If only everybody could take those few minutes to do that things would be a little safer for all.

Didn't mind the move of vendor row, but it just didnt seem so fast and convienant over there. But hey, who could ask for anything better than our own Sandbucks in the middle of the desert. The JavaJunkies crew made me the drinks I get right there at my starbucks every morning. What a treat!! And my husband didnt mind taking me there becuase he ate their breakfast burritos every morning. :flipoff:

We are new to this board and just came across it trying to find the weather for the weekend. Kinda nice :D

I forgot to add:

Sand~Snake came by our camp and asked where bathroom 10 was. I guess he didn't know who I was.

:flipoff::flipoff: That must have been on Wed night right after we got there and his knucklehead kid jumped on the quad and took off. He had no idea how to get back to camp so he used someone's phone and waited by bathroom 10 for daddy to come and get him. :think:

We are new to this board and just came across it trying to find the weather for the weekend. Kinda nice :D

Welcome to the site. Glad you found it. :flipoff:

did anybody see that guy on thursday afternoon walking around the dunes,i looked at that guy like :broke: . he kinda looked like a greenie . but me and my friend were riding on the back of comp hill and stopped on top of one of the hills to take a break we were almost at the top of the backside comp and he just came walking right by like he was walking down the street. and we watched him for a little while and saw a few people dodge him.

maybe its just me but i think that guy was a little crazy

Edited by 90+ PLUS

This guy pulled in with a LINCOLN :eatdrink021: :mc_smiley: ...so we pulled him out.

normal_S2010324~0.JPG

Here are the rest of my pics....

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/gallery/th...s.php?album=287

If anyone wants to add some T-Day pics to the gallery, I added a folder (Thanksgiving 07) that everyone can upload into. :drunk:

Thank you How ever pull my friend in the town car Thanks AL

Thank you How ever pull my friend in the town car Thanks AL

No problem. :mc_smiley: Pauly Paul and sanddunessaddict were actually the one who pulled him out though. I had to do the filming. I have video too! :eatdrink021: I'll post that when I get it off the camera.

It was so soft in that area that Pauly was just spinning to pull him out. So we grabbed the dune Tracker. :eatdrink021:

check out the video...

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/videos/stuck_lincoln.wmv

Funny thing is that the Lincoln was the hardest thing to get out all weekend! It was sitting on the gas tank and the car was just dragging through the sand. It was a friggen anchor. :mc_smiley:

Oh! And listen to sand~snake at about 16 seconds into it. :drunk:

Awesome! I happened to jump in the shower when that one happened and wasn't bout to run out in a towel to see it, so thats friggin great you got it on video, haha. We had the widescreen view of that spot in the hauler, better than TV :)

now that would have made for some good video :laughoff::laughing::laughing: