Could this mark the end of Dumont entrance fees?

Thanks Pete, it makes it all worthwhile when I see that Vicki and I don't have to run to the defense on all these posts as more people see the light and respond with us! Makes me feel good that some people are getting the message! :whistle:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just to do a little :whistle: of my own. What about Valley of Fire?? Its $5 and they give you personal camp sites, bathrooms, law enforcement and heck, they even CLEAN UP trash as well... :nah:

:laughoff:

1st of all Valley of fire costs more than that!!! Haven't camped there in a few years but I think it was 14 a night?

2nd another 20 miles up 15 is Logandale which is within the boundaries of Valley of Fire. No fee great camping and riding. Just to let you know not :watching:

I personally would pay whatever fees it takes to keep Dumont open. If people are going to snivel and pout over a $120.00 a YEAR pass. Then youre in the wrong sport. My guess is... that the person doing the complaining here probably doesnt even pay the fee. My guess is More than likely its his Mommy and Daddy. I may be wrong though.

My guess is... that the person doing the complaining here probably doesnt even pay the fee. My guess is More than likely its his Mommy and Daddy. I may be wrong though.

Let me just say this... the person doing all the b*tching always pays the fees no matter when he comes in to the dunes day or night... As for his mommy and daddy paying it for him... You are way wrong!! :hello:

I personally would pay whatever fees it takes to keep Dumont open. If people are going to snivel and pout over a $120.00 a YEAR pass. Then youre in the wrong sport. My guess is... that the person doing the complaining here probably doesnt even pay the fee. My guess is More than likely its his Mommy and Daddy. I may be wrong though.

My mommy and daddy havnt financially supported me since my mid TEENS and im 26. If you guys think I dont have a right to b*tch just because I have not made it to a TRT meeting, eat $hit. I dont have to go to a meeting to prove I know what im talking about. I have all the info i need on the net and its much closer then BARSTOW.

Pete, the reason I didnt make the last one, since you ask, I was out of town for my girls B-day so my "mommy and daddy" took our car to save gas. Just to make you happy ill do my best to make the next one.

For the record, we were at the clean-up weekend, anyone remember the 6 wheel drive army jeep thing?? We pick up more then our own trash and pull our weight with everyting else appropriate and related to Dumont. So if I cant b*tch without going to a TRT meeting, then I dont want to hear a WORD from anyone who hasnt made a cleanup weekend. :hello:

My mommy and daddy havnt financially supported me since my mid TEENS and im 26. If you guys think I dont have a right to b*tch just because I have not made it to a TRT meeting, eat $hit. I dont have to go to a meeting to prove I know what im talking about. I have all the info i need on the net and its much closer then BARSTOW.

Pete, the reason I didnt make the last one, since you ask, I was out of town for my girls B-day so my "mommy and daddy" took our car to save gas. Just to make you happy ill do my best to make the next one.

For the record, we were at the clean-up weekend, anyone remember the 6 wheel drive army jeep thing?? We pick up more then our own trash and pull our weight with everyting else appropriate and related to Dumont. So if I cant b*tch without going to a TRT meeting, then I dont want to hear a WORD from anyone who hasnt made a cleanup weekend. :hello:

EVERY WEEKEND IS A CLEANUP WEEKEND. EVEN EVERY WEEKDAY!

Edited by ntrsandman

I loved that army jeep thing! I'm glad you're able to make it to the cleanups.

I think what people are trying to say to you about going to the TRT meetings is yes, there is information out on the Internet but it is incomplete more often than not and downright wrong much of the time. If you truly want the answers you say you want, the very best way to get them is straight from the horse's mouth and not through some third-party source.

It's not enough to be informed... the information must be correct and as many are learning here, attending a TRT meeting opens a whole new world of information. For both sides, actually... the BLM learns about us more every time we make a showing, while we're learning more about what it actually takes to sustain our riding area. Win-win.

VickiW

I have been so quiet lately because all of the new idiots that come on here and speak about something which they know very little about. The fact that someone would make a comment like:

I dont have to go to a meeting to prove I know what im talking about. I have all the info i need on the net and its much closer then BARSTOW.

Shows that they don't have a clue what they are talking about. I have not met quite a few of the people on this site but I also have some great friends that I consider to be an adoptive family from this site. I'm not attacking anyones views but here are some facts.

Dumont is in California. Not Nevada. California.Different tax structure. Different political agendas. Good, bad or indifferent that's how it is.

Dumont is run by the BLM. Like it or not. The fees that are collected are needed to keep the BLM's presence there. No BLM No Dumont.

Whining and bitching do not solve any problems so if the fees are to high or you just don't want to pay then go somewhere else and leave Dumont to the people that want to be there.

There are laws we all have to follow so things like the use of spark arrestors and not so loud pipes and speed limits and such have to be followed. Like it or not that is how it is.

Okay I'm done for now.

It was a joke holmes, you cant off road in the "Valley". Im just trying to point out theres many places you can ride in the surrounding 150 miles that are either FREE or nearly free and have cleaner (less trash) riding areas with law enforcement and medical NEAR (granted not always on hand).

Even the places that you cant "ride" but can camp have all the same things but dont cost as much (not even close). I just would like to see actual PROOF that Dumont costs are so much higher...

The Valley Of Fire is a state park. Personally I think the BLM has so much land to manage they can't manage anything like it should be managed. Maybe this is why most of Nevada seems to be a wilderness area.

If you can't afford to manage it, close it.

The BLM does not have the funds to manage it because the feds have their hands in everything promising a check drawn on the public trust to everyone to get elected.

I don't have a problem with the fees; however I can understand the point of those who do.

It's like the guy that asked me what kinda gas mileage I got pulling the 40 footer. I said I don't know. He said you don't know? Nope it does not matter, I'm going anyhow.

I agree.. Eliminating the fees creates its own set of problems.. Who is going to insure that we have adequet law enforcement as well as medical staff. What about maintenance on things like the outhouses..

Also, what kind of new crowds will come in if there is nobody there to regulate.. The fees help keep some of the trashy folks out. I bet without fees the number of quads, rhinos and rails getting stolen will rise due to the fact that the theives and misfits who have no money will flock to the dunes as it will be like a free for all..

The topic of the misfits at Glamis has long been a source of contention at Glamis. There have been many threads on the topic and one of the suggestions for eliminating some of that was to raise the rates. I cant say that I agree but there are some valid points to the argument. I would be happy to pay more if it makes the dunes safer and more secure.. At the rate of the dunes sports growth, our kids generation certainly wont have safe and secure dune sites unless somthing drastic changes and I dont think fee elimination is the answer, even though I do love saving money.. I will happily pay my fees as long as they are required..

Could u explain what defines trashy folks. What i'm getting at is do u have to have a 40' m/h, t/h with a L/T sand rail not to be trash? If u mean the people that leave trash behind, one weekend i was there, the was a camp of about 3 m/h, 6-8 quads and a couple of sand rails. when they left, the boxes that their new pop-ups were in were left behind. IMO, doesn't realy matter how much $$$ or how little u have, some peeps just don't care.

Could u explain what defines trashy folks. What i'm getting at is do u have to have a 40' m/h, t/h with a L/T sand rail not to be trash? If u mean the people that leave trash behind, one weekend i was there, the was a camp of about 3 m/h, 6-8 quads and a couple of sand rails. when they left, the boxes that their new pop-ups were in were left behind. IMO, doesn't realy matter how much $$$ or how little u have, some peeps just don't care.

I tend to agreee with this. Once when I was at Amrgossa, there was a camp with 4-5 huge diesel pushers and custom enclosed trailers and LOT'S of high dollar toys, certainly these people had PLENTY of money, but nevertheless they left ALL of their trash in a great big pile maybe 30 bags of trash and a bunch of other stuff right in the center of the site and then just drove away.

I know I am not the smartest person in the world, but I do have more brains than :beerpint: money. If I ever get "rich" I am wondering if I will get dumber? Is it better to have more brains than money or more money than brains? :laughoff:

I tend to agreee with this. Once when I was at Amrgossa, there was a camp with 4-5 huge diesel pushers and custom enclosed trailers and LOT'S of high dollar toys, certainly these people had PLENTY of money, but nevertheless they left ALL of their trash in a great big pile maybe 30 bags of trash and a bunch of other stuff right in the center of the site and then just drove away.

I know I am not the smartest person in the world, but I do have more brains than :beerpint: money. If I ever get "rich" I am wondering if I will get dumber? Is it better to have more brains than money or more money than brains? :laughoff:

That's kinda like asking why you wern't born rich instead of beautiful isn't it? :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

I just honestly don't get why you all are bickering away about paying a simple fee such as a $30 dollar fee. Get your butts up here and try to find a place such as Dumont to ride LEGALLY in British Columbia Canada where I live.

Sure there are motocross tracks but most of the times you gotta be a part of there stupid CLUB or they have fenced it off with razor wire going around the top and all gates closed everything is closed up when a race is not being held or there isn't a practice going on at the time.

ALL OF US HERE that have motor bikes and things we ILLEGALLY RIDE ON CROWN LAND day in and day out it's not that we want to it's just that we are forced to do so. If you are caught riding on crown land you can be fined up to $3000 dollars.

Your bike or whatever your riding on or in at the time can be confiscated. They can also charge an impound charge on top of that which the last time I checked an impound charge around here was like $150 bucks.

The Legal places they want us to ride are a complete joke and the area is so small you put anymore than 30 people in the legal riding area and it's scary because there just isn't enough room for everyone to ride around in.

Nor is it any fun because the area the trailers and things you all hall out there honestly the place I talk about that is Legal to ride in you take say 5 rails and say about eight or nine trucks and trailers and your already covering a good half portion of the area we ride on.

The other half is either filled with so many boulders or fallen tree's it makes it kind of useless to even have it in the fenced off riding area because there is no way your even getting a dirt bike anywhere in there. So with that being said with all the space your trucks and trailers along with your rails taking up well none of us would even have any Place TOO RIDE in that area yet your on here bickering about a $30 dollar charge.

Put it this way with that $30 bucks where else could you take your family for the day that would cost allot less? Gee the last time I went with my girl to the theaters it cost me well over $30 bucks by the time we sat down with our popcorn drinks and all the other little snack's we wanted to have.

The only thing that I have done this past while that hasn't cost over $20 dollars was going to our local pool which still was twelve dollars for an adult entrance fee not including the locker fee's. I think all of you that are living close to Dumont are lucky and instead of bickering if you don't like paying these high fee's start helping out more.

How can you help? Well maybe all of you that really like Dumont allot hey taking some courses in First Aid would help out. Start making a board of trustee's between the Dumont group. Out of those people find the people that carry Medical training start staffing your own medical team ect.

Help to start filling staff positions for when these events and things being held that go on fill those positions amongst yourselves your there anyways the more you lend a hand the more better things are going to be.

Helping the people out that have to be there day in and day out will help eventually by cutting there hours they have to be there back thus in turn it will help by driving those prices down a bit.

Put it this way the area I grew up in they lost there local BMX club for two years things were closed down due to them wanting to turn our home turf being our track we built and ran into more soccer fields. We had to fight for TWO YEARS to get our bmx track back and you guys are bickering about a $30 dollar entrance fee for a good day of fun shame on you.

Edited by Canman

Well I just don't get some people and there thinking I mean if they close down Dumont all together now what are you all going to do? Where are you all going to ride LEGALLY? Trust me there is nothing like a cop driving real fast behind you with sirens blaring and all in a chevy truck blaring at you at a high rate of speed while your siting on top of a hill chillin while he is trying to come up the one side to you 4X4 locked in and all.

Of course that is when my friends and I wait for the doors to finally open and we hear yelling that is when we fire up the bikes and scream out of there faster than they can jump in there truck. The one day we had four cop cars and two police trucks chasing us believe me it was a mess.

If you all want this to happen to you just keep acting the way your acting and keep complaining the way your complaining then that is what is going to soon happen to you at least us up here we have the cover of tree's and boulders you guys on the other hand have no cover whats so ever out on them dunes.

Like I say we sometimes even have to tend with just riding around old logging roads and where logging is active just to try to stay one step ahead of the law up here. Either were riding on crown land or were out on farm land start thinking about this and start getting involved if your not already involved.

There are many ways to help out you don't have to go to any meetings if you don't want to there is always other ways you can help while your out there. If not be the slump your being watch Dumont be closed then you can bicker and whine about not having any place to go and ride at all.

Most of the times now if the cops or the Forrest Service up here find us out there they tend to just leave us alone now because they finally have got the hint they aren't going to catch us the thing is because there is no set places for us to ride that are good enough for lots of people to go and ride everyone and there dog just goes out any dam place they feel like around here and they ride.

In turn this has made many places look like crap and like many of you have said there is allot of people out there that just feel the need to park there garbage where ever they feel like so in turn with that being said the garbage is now not set to just one big environment it is set to basically all over BC out here where Snowmobilers, Quaders and motor bike enthusiast's go ride.

Well I just don't get some people and there thinking I mean if they close down Dumont all together now what are you all going to do? Where are you all going to ride LEGALLY?

First of all Dumont is by far NOT the only place in these areas to ride. Its simply the most expensive. Secondly did you only join this site to be a troll?? You live in CANADA...

No one ever said we wernt going to pay fees and that doing so might get the place shut down. Some of us just think the fees are getting too high...

First of all Dumont is by far NOT the only place in these areas to ride. Its simply the most expensive. Secondly did you only join this site to be a troll?? You live in CANADA...

No one ever said we wernt going to pay fees and that doing so might get the place shut down. Some of us just think the fees are getting too high...

Then stop :grin: going if it's too expensive for you.

I have to save my money for at least a month just to be able to afford a weekend tenting it in the back of the S-10 and eating sandwiches and hot dogs.

If you want fees to go down, then take away all of the medical staff and LEO's. But your not allowed to b*tch about it when some drunken jackass in a rail runs you over and busts your head open.

Like canman said, go anywhere and have fun for a day for $40, somewhat safely. Probably not going to happen.

Then stop :flipoff: going if it's too expensive for you.

I have to save my money for at least a month just to be able to afford a weekend tenting it in the back of the S-10 and eating sandwiches and hot dogs.

If you want fees to go down, then take away all of the medical staff and LEO's. But your not allowed to b*tch about it when some drunken jackass in a rail runs you over and busts your head open.

Like canman said, go anywhere and have fun for a day for $40, somewhat safely. Probably not going to happen.

WTF! Why does everybody say its always the guy in the rail?????????? :banghead::news::grin:

:grin: Why Thank you Sand Saw thank you for noticing that I am a Canadian as far as trolling these boards no I am not on here to do that. I am on here to learn what will be expected of me as a visitor to Dumont Dunes when I go down there along with all the other things too like the flag I will have to put on my Quad you know the usual stuff so if you think that is being a troll think again bud. :news:

As for getting back on topic I think this is about how much you have to pay to get into Dumont to use there facilities.

:grin: Why Thank you Sand Saw thank you for noticing that I am a Canadian as far as trolling these boards no I am not on here to do that. I am on here to learn what will be expected of me as a visitor to Dumont Dunes when I go down there along with all the other things too like the flag I will have to put on my Quad you know the usual stuff so if you think that is being a troll think again bud. :news:

As for getting back on topic I think this is about how much you have to pay to get into Dumont to use there facilities.

No, he just needs to complain about something to make himself happy. He doesn't understand why he must pay SO much to have fun.

If he ever got hurt to where the EMT's had to help him out he might change his tune.