Batteries

foolofsand

been trying to get some 6v batteries for the toybox. today in vegas tried interstate for the U2200 and they wanted $135. tried shelton and the trojan t-105 was $135. called standard and they wanted $121 with core and $133 without core. so what are you guys doing for batteries. costco doesnt seen to have any. I need to go down and see if they can order-they are tards on the phone and play or are dumb. can they be order on line from somewhere, most seem to say no, they wont ship them. any ideas? thanks :beer_bang:

Talk to Dave at Camping world in Henderson. I got the interstate 200 6 volts for $90.00 each and even talked him into installing them. Course I bought 6 but he's a nice guy and will try to help. I looked at Sam's club and they are Everyready brand. I looked at their web site and they dion't even mention they build 6 or 12 volt batteries so i decided to stay with a name brand.

Battery topics kill me!!!!!!!! The more I read the more :laughoff: I get!!

you were :MBdance: when you were born

:beer_bang: :laughoff:

anyway... ive had the costco 6v for over a year. no problems. the longest i have gone without having to recharge them is 2 days!!!

they run the lights on the hauler at night, then run the heater while we are sleeping.

just keep with the regular maintenence (water, getting rid of corrosion) and tey will last you a long time.

the 12v that came with my hauler crapped out after 1.5 years :laughoff:

pretty much sams club/costco/trojan al have basically the same amount of power and longevity.....if you take care of them

I need batteries too. If I switch to 6v do I need 4 or are 2 still ok? If I need 4 would I just be better off getting the 2 12v blue top optimas?

You can get 12v outta 2 6v batteries. JoeDuner posted a wiring diagram somewhere around here.

You can get 12v outta 2 6v batteries. JoeDuner posted a wiring diagram somewhere around here.

I know how to wire them, I just wanted to know if I need to run 4 to have the capacity to run the heat all night and the fridge, lights and whatever else. Or are two 12v blue tops the way to go?

Mine is either genny or propane thats the only choice, but you need BATT for propane relay.... :laughoff: I run 2 of these and they kick :laughoff: Trojan Storage Battery T105 Golf Cart Replacement Battery.

Never seem to be without power, but theyre bucks , I think I paid $250 each.... :laughoff:

Edited by Sandpirates2

no, we called 3 of them, but I havent had time, but am heading down tomorrow in henderson. maybe tonite, but I dont recall seeing any there last time. I'll let you know what I find

went down to costco last nite, they dont have any in the las vegas valley. reno(can you believe all the golf courses up there compared to vegas) and alot in so cal, etc. they are everywhere except here. they wont order them in. he said to email costco and suggest they stock them in vegas. I cant get them to come up on costco website or kirkland website either. the model # is 245725 and a gc2. I will just get some in so cal whenever I go there. they are $88 at costco now, but better than $135 for trojan or interstate. anyone called the golf cart places in vegas? I may try that when I get time and think about it. :stirthepot:

I know how to wire them, I just wanted to know if I need to run 4 to have the capacity to run the heat all night and the fridge, lights and whatever else. Or are two 12v blue tops the way to go?

I'm just running 2 6V golf cart batteries from Sam's Club (for now). They've run the lights and stereo all evening and the heater all night and I've still been able to start the generator in the morning. :stirthepot: I run my fridge on propane all the time when dry camping though.

I'm just running 2 6V golf cart batteries from Sam's Club (for now). They've run the lights and stereo all evening and the heater all night and I've still been able to start the generator in the morning. :stirthepot: I run my fridge on propane all the time when dry camping though.

no sams club membership-dropped it years ago-waste of time till now :D

When you run the fridge on propane all night, how long does your bottle last?

When you run the fridge on propane all night, how long does your bottle last?

Your fridge runs on propane all weekend unless your generator is on. The fridge doesn't use much propane. It could probably last a week or two (maybe more) on a tank if thats all you were running off that tank.