Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge mega cab 4x4 diesel i want a black one :dance:

I'll bet you do Bob !! :chug: and a real big one ! :flipoff:

Sam , I would look at the insides of both and find the most apealing and comfortable to you , and buy it !

they are both nice azz trucks , I have a GMC , and love it . GOOD LUCK !! :lol:

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

the tranny and motor shouldnt give you problems but.......... no one can really be sure

see if you can get an extended warranty for piece of mind, if that is a good idea to you?

i would pull the trigger on the chevy @ 58k for less than 30k with it being an ltz

Posted

I have a close friend that works for parks and rec....they drive d maxes. He loves driving it around, its a fun truck, but he said he would never own one. The whole fleet has ongoing problems. His 07 has been in many times, and has never towed anything. He also says tht it runs different everytime, and that is what his brother c omplains of with his new mega cab. I wouldnt buy a lifted truck, it makes it much harder to tow anything esspecially a 5 th wheel or GN trailer, rendering it a useless truck.

Every lifted truck I ve every been in rode much worse the stock, and handled horrible and ofcourse had lots of road (tire) noise.

I dont like the mega cab, it ruins the bed, why does kid need 5 ft of cab space? I cant reach back and hand them anything, or slap them if need be.lol

Id vote for option z, a 94-98 dodge , better mileage, lower price, last forever.

Posted

i UNDERSTAND YOUR POINTS, BUT IF I WANTED THE SMOOTHEST RIDE I WOULDENT EVEN BUY A TRUCK. i WILL TAKE THE LOOK OVER A LITTLE BUMPY RIDE, IF THE LIFT IS FACTORY INSTALLED BY A CHEVY DEALER THEN I WOULD TAKE THAT RISK.

i WORK FOR PARKS AND REC'S AND THEY DRIVE DODGES, THEY DONT TAKE CARE OF THOSE TRUCKS ANYWAYS SO THAT'S WHY HE IS PROBALLEY HAVING PROBLEMS AND THE STATE DONT WANT TO PAY TO FIX A HEAD LIGHT SO THEY DONT GET THE BEST SERVICE.

i AM CONCERNED THOUGH OF NOT BE ABLE TO SMACK MY KIDS.. :beat:

i ONLY PULL A 21 FT HAULER WITH A FEW BIKES SO I DONT THINK A LIFTED TRUCK WELL BE AL THAT UNUSABLE FOR ME. ESPECIALLY WITH A DEIESEL, BUT I COULD BE WRONG.

Posted

I am a Ford owner and I say the Chevy! The Mega Cab's AC sucks in the summer. My boss has one and hates that. I know the Chevy AC will freeze you out like my Ford. Besides the Chevy interior is WAY more comfortable than the Dodges. The only thing Dodge has going for them is the Cummins diesel motor which is the sh*t!

About towing with a lifted vehicle, the Dodge, if you lift it, will be more stable as it has a solid front axle. I have a 10.5" lift on my Ford and pull a 34' bumper pull Toy Hauler.

Posted

I am a Ford owner and I say the Chevy! The Mega Cab's AC sucks in the summer. My boss has one and hates that. I know the Chevy AC will freeze you out like my Ford. Besides the Chevy interior is WAY more comfortable than the Dodges. The only thing Dodge has going for them is the Cummins diesel motor which is the sh*t!

About towing with a lifted vehicle, the Dodge, if you lift it, will be more stable as it has a solid front axle. I have a 10.5" lift on my Ford and pull a 34' bumper pull Toy Hauler.

And that it's not your Ford! :beat:

Posted

Not trying to bash Dodge, but when my buddies truck was in the shop for the torque converter they were on national back order. Does that say something about the tranny?

Posted

Not trying to bash Dodge, but when my buddies truck was in the shop for the torque converter they were on national back order. Does that say something about the tranny?

no, it say's something about the company's parts suppliers.....we constantly have things on national back order, from transmissions to trunk latches to window regulator clamps....

Posted (edited)

"i garuntee you my dodge rides smoother than alot of those dmaxs ive ridden in. and fuel econemy talkin to dmax owners is the same as mine. dont know where you get that info."

:lol:

Bob -

We've got 2 Chevy 3500's, 5 Dodge 3500's and 7 F250 / F350 combinations that are all 4x4's that pull our studio and production trailers into the western 11 states. In each case, the Chevy's always have the best fuel ratings unless you pulling twice the weight - now these are fleet trucks, but there 06/07's and in decent shape. It's a toss between the Ford's and the Dodges, depending on the load and road. Ford does better on the freeways, but dodge does better up the hills and long pulls for fuel....but the chevy does better than all of them no matter what for fuel.... As for ride, it's most likely the setup on your rig, so your rig may be better setup for sure than the other Chevy's you ridden in... But the Ford rides better than any of them.... :D

:beat:

:laughoff: Hey Mr. "GOOD WRENCH" - :lol::D:laughoff: I read your profile... :blury:

Edited by Sandpirates2
Posted
:lol::blink::whoop: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie:
Posted

I have owned them all as most on here and if you are going to only tow buy either but if you off road your truck or lifting it buy the Dodge!

Posted

I will pick the dodge for the big motor under the hood it has a 7.8 cummins and the chevy has a 6.6 duramax thats if your going to use it for towing a big toy hauler. :lol::blink:

Posted

Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford Ford :banghead::grin::thumb::barf:

Mineurbiz that is just for you :hug: :dope:

All I heard was

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::thumb::grin::thumb::barf:

Mineurbiz that is just for you :hug: :lol:

:dunno: Always some damn Ford owner that has to chime in! :laughing::laughing:

Posted

:banghead: This is funny. You cant compair a fleet ruck with your personal truck. I would hope you take care of your personal one so there is a big difference. The powerstroke 6.0 has just as much power as all the other ones. The motor is great. I know I out pull a ton of others. It is all about the add ons that you put on. For a 21ft trailer you really dont need to worry about any thing. All the trucks will do just fine. It when you are pulling the 39' trailers when you have to start thinking about.

FORD FORD FORD :thumb::laughing:

Posted

:banghead: This is funny. You cant compair a fleet ruck with your personal truck. I would hope you take care of your personal one so there is a big difference. The powerstroke 6.0 has just as much power as all the other ones. The motor is great. I know I out pull a ton of others. It is all about the add ons that you put on. For a 21ft trailer you really dont need to worry about any thing. All the trucks will do just fine. It when you are pulling the 39' trailers when you have to start thinking about.

FORD FORD FORD :barf::laughing:

They ALL will pull a 39 just fine. :thumb: Ford, Chevy, Dodge- their all good trucks. :dope:

Posted

I will pick the dodge for the big motor under the hood it has a 7.8 cummins and the chevy has a 6.6 duramax thats if your going to use it for towing a big toy hauler. :laughing::banghead:

Your not allowed to post on ANY truck thread. BTW 2007.5 and up have a 6.7 Cummins and all year before that are a 5.9 liter. I would like to thank you for TURNING OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK THOUGH.

Posted

Your not allowed to post on ANY truck thread. BTW 2007.5 and up have a 6.7 Cummins and all year before that are a 5.9 liter. I would like to thank you for TURNING OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK THOUGH.

:lol: :fro: :laughoff::dunno::beat:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...