Feb 2nd Ride Report

EY3BA11

All i can say is that after one helluva day drinking and partying.. there isnt anythign like a good :dunno:

Observations:

Dont let richard_cheese dig the campfire pit.. I think i saw a little of china.

The bike either idles and doesnt start.. or doesnt idle and starts fine.. Damn 500's

riding at night with no headlights using the raptor as that guiding light.. a FREAKIN BLAST!

Pete thanks for takin me out with ya.. Good times as usual.

Right-on. Good to hear of the fun trip. :dance: :chug:

So, Cheese is a digger. :DDRrocks:

That's cool, I've always liked a big fire pit. China might be a little carried away. :DDRrocks:

No headlight Nick? :DDRrocks: Pauly wouldn't of cared either. :DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

Hope you had a good trip too Cheese. :DDRrocks::dunno:

Get any :DDRrocks: Pete?

Edited by Randog

Today was great. Another good day trip with lots of riding and hanging out with great peeps. I'm really glad we went, Nick. It was way cool stalteri920 made it out as well. It's been a while since we've ridden together.

I'll walk everyone through most the highlights of our day since I have nothing but time on my hands tonight. I'm staying in since I have partied alot the past 3 days straight and then a full day of duning. I'm wore out. :DDRrocks:

We rolled into D about 11/11:30 AM. It was pretty cloudy and kinda overcast. We pulled up to richardcheese and aseicback's camp and parked with them. After a little chit chat, we all rolled out to the dunes. I led a pretty long dune ride that seemed to last forever. :dance: :D Talk about a warm up ride! :chug: yiah

We all ended up out at the north pole, chilled for a while and relaxed. I saw raspadoo and another Funco on that ride and they circled around near the north pole I but never got a chance to say hi.

normal_S2010276~0.JPG

DDR sticker still on the mailbox. :D

normal_S2010277~0.JPG

While we were out there some guy in some pretty cool looking "China built kinda thing" rolled up. We talked with him for a bit as well as with these guys with some really sweet mid-engine V8 cars. :DDRrocks:

It had an 800cc 3 cylinder motor with a manual trans. It was kinda like a Suzuki knock off.

normal_S2010278.JPG

normal_S2010279~0.JPG

After a ride back through the dunes, we cruised past vendor row. There were actually quite a few vendors out there.

normal_S2010280~0.JPG

Back at camp we just hung out with everyone in camp for a while and grabbed a snack.

normal_S2010283~0.JPG

dunes around camp near bathroom 3

normal_S2010281~1.JPG

normal_S2010282~0.JPG

Then after ISBB got an itch (probably from his crack in a can energy drink :DDRrocks: ), back out to the dunes. :DDRrocks:

normal_S2010284~1.JPG

normal_S2010285.JPG

This is where we stopped on a ride and ISBB lost us. There were a bunch of riders in the area and it started getting a little congested so I just waited for them to all clear while we hung out. The sun finally came out and it was nice! Dunelover spotted us and cruised by. We said hi and she also informed us that we missed the meet and greet at the south pole @ 2pm. :DDRrocks: "oh yyyyeah...oops!"

normal_S2010286~1.JPG

normal_S2010287~0.JPG

normal_S2010288~1.JPG

I spotted Art (or coulda been Abbott) in the little Red Busa car. I couldn't tell who it was though cause they had helmets on.

normal_S2010289~1.JPG

Also saw the Tech 3 Mellow Yellow car that is for sale on here. Nice car and it seemed to go pretty good! :D

normal_S2010291~2.JPG

normal_S2010292~2.JPG

Then back out to the north pole assuming Nick was out there waiting for us since we got separated. Low and behold, there's Nick sitting on a rock under the mailbox waiting for us to show up. :DDRrocks: "Whatup!"

normal_S2010294~1.JPG

normal_S2010293~1.JPG

normal_S2010295~1.JPG

normal_S2010296~1.JPG

On the way back we stoppped and saw Mike (Sandpirates) and got to meet him at his camp. Nice to meet ya Mike. :dunno:

Camp host, Don, came by in the rescue rhino to chat. :D

normal_S2010297~1.JPG

richardcheese's dog, bruiser

normal_S2010299~1.JPG

Capt's camp and car

normal_S2010300~0.JPG

Capt and dunelover invited us over for some carne asada :DDRrocks: Thanks again guys! Those were some bomb azz burritos. :DDRrocks: We hung out there for a bit. We watched their son beat up on cheese...

normal_S2010301~1.JPG

normal_S2010302~2.JPG

"get back here, punk!" :DDRrocks:

normal_S2010303~2.JPG

normal_S2010304~1.JPG

sunset...my favorite time of day at the dunes :DDRrocks:

normal_S2010306~2.JPG

normal_S2010308~2.JPG

ahh yes...and a nice warm fire with good peeps to finish off a great day

normal_S2010309~1.JPG

All in all I think we got like 3 really good runs in. It was definitely a good dose of sand enough for our fix that was needed.

Fun times yesterday fo sho :dance: Met DDR memebers richard cheese and aceisback, cool guys and always fun to ride with a group of quads that can keep a face pace. Thanks for letting me hang for the day @ your camp.

2 really awesome rides led by the prez and a little sore today because of it. Nick always fun riding with you even when you get lost and ride right by us :dunno:

I did take some pics but cant find my usb cable,sorry :chug: Till next time :DDRrocks:

I'm glad you made it out too, Tony. :D I'm a little sore today as well. Man, are we gettin old or what's the deal? :dunno: I planned on doing some slower rides, but well...you know....that is almost impossible sometimes. The lines were just too fast to putt around. :chug: :dance: I had a blast. :D

I'm glad you made it out too, Tony. :D I'm a little sore today as well. Man, are we gettin old or what's the deal? :dunno: I planned on doing some slower rides, but well...you know....that is almost impossible sometimes. The lines were just too fast to putt around. :chug: :dance: I had a blast. :D

There is no such thing as a "slow ride" when the names Dunefreak, ISBB, Stalteri920, Paulypaul aka (Hellapaul) r leading the pack and thats just fine by me! :moonwalk:

There is no such thing as a "slow ride" when the names Dunefreak, ISBB, Stalteri920, Paulypaul aka (Hellapaul) r leading the pack and thats just fine by me! :moonwalk:

cant wait to do it again... Cheese was complainin about being in 5th gear pinned.. i was complainin about him being in the way.. Some of those spots i wanted to click 4th and pin it to go around him..

Aceisback that kid of yours sure can ride.. It was good seeing you guys again as well.

Sometimes its nice being a dune groupie.. Come out drink your beer, burn your firewood and eat your food.. pack up go home and let you clean it up.. LOL Captnkllm and Richard_Cheese thx for the hospitality.

Sometimes its nice being a dune groupie.. Come out drink your beer, burn your firewood and eat your food.. pack up go home and let you clean it up.. LOL Captnkllm and Richard_Cheese thx for the hospitality.

ditto on that :headbang1: Thank you guys again for everything. It's great having so many different DDR peeps to hook up with. I have met so many good people off this site. You know you guys are just as welcome to come out and mooch off me anytime I am out. :beer_bang: :DDRrocks:

Ok I think I might have recovered now from the brutal wind TODAY

Pete with your observations and story telling you make a person feel like they were there :D ( Great Job)

You guys are welcome to come by camp anytime .

I finally saw China :rockwoot:

It was great having my niece there I think we rode more in one day then I do in 4 days :DDRrocks:

Great meeting new ddr members Sandpirate,ISBB,Richardcheese (Oh hey whats your real name :beer_bang: )

My son thinks cheese is a punching bag :headbang1:

We had a great time riding,visiting with friends and meeting new ones. :headbang1:

I'm ready for President's Day.

normal_S2010303~2.JPG

BEER IN HAND @ THE MICROPHONE STAND!!!

OMG

:DDRrocks: :beer_bang: :headbang1:

thats farkin hilarious.... he gave me a bloody lip with that thing!!!

:headbang1:

it was nice to meet sandpirates (mike) dunelover, tony, the capt (dave) and others last weekend.

Dunelover, i never actually thanked you in person for feeding me Saturday nite with those ROCKIN' Carne Asada burritos!!!

anyway, ill be posting my pics and observations later

Edited by richard cheese

Aceisback that kid of yours sure can ride.. It was good seeing you guys again as well.

Casey says thanks Nick. :headbang1: Not sure he inherited that from me, he likes to go for that big air, I know what healing up and recovering feels like, he hasn't experienced that yet! Hopefully he doesn't.

I've been on several of the same style rides with you guys and know that we're in good hands. Just have to keep an eye out for the jackalopes in the other groups that like to cut line and disregard dune etiquette.

Just noticed that we now have two trip report threads. Already posted a few thoughts on the other. Enjoyed riding with you guys and meeting some new peeps. :beercheers:

:laughing: As mentioned in the other thread, I met a lot of DDR Peeps this last weekend, and was really impressed that the people on this site actually extend an honest welcome not just here on the site but in person as well. I look forward to meeting more and hooking up for a ride together.... :blink:

Mike

Edited by Sandpirates2

:beer_bang: Damn Cheese, what u teachin the boy... lol. And Tina, thought you camped elsewhere to keep your kids away from trouble , what's Cheese Duuude doin in your camp? :banghead:

:D Cheese came over so Caleb could teach him some new moves :broke: Hes like no look this is how you smoke the pipe :broke: