I AM SOO PUMPED!

SandSoulja

I got a new used bike today and i am extatic!

And it snowed in the high desert this evening wich is a trip.

AND i dont get to ride my new bike till monday

cuz i got dragged in to going to disneyland tomorrow.

still though :duniemonkie::coocoo::barf::beat:

2001 yz 426. guy was the first owner.

super cool dude. he goes to glamis all the time and has NEVER been to dumont!!

so i'm callin him up on the next trip and hes comin with us.

k thats my rant for tonight.

sorry for those who don't care.

post-4094-1205643545_thumb.jpg

post-4094-1205643575_thumb.jpg

Edited by $LibertyMiniMog$

yeah the thing is superclean.

it actually does have a little paint worn off but not bad at all.

i have heard of 4th going out a few times but we'll see what happens

i haven't even got to ride it yet i had to go to disneyland today )=

tomorrow for sure though.

can't wait to get it in the dunes!!

you will be fine... I had an 02 426 and i believe stalteri's was a 01 both of which are still running strong to this day and we arent slow and we dont pamper our rides :P My frame after 5 years looked waaay worse than that. :P i had paint rubbin off all the way up that vertical bar..

Man I loved my 01 426, 3 years straight BITD races, 6-12-24Hrs @ glen helen and only lost 2nd gear twice because of giving a revloc automatic clutch a try. Very stable @ speed, I would reccomend a remote hot start though...

how much u pay for it??

very nice bike and it looks like the guy was really anal bout it...not that thats a bad thing

ive ridden a 426

decided to go with the 450

its amazing the difference

maybe its because i was such a big guy that the 426 was strugglin i donno

have fun wit it

i am a big guy and i had to drop a tooth on the front so i would quit riding the clutch so much because it was strugglin.. after that the bike was perfect.. It just didnt have the top speed to keep up on some of those hang on for dear life rides... Now that i have the 500 i have the power and the gear to pull the speed i need to keep up and absolutley enjoy it.. I have no regrets about buying my 426.. It was what got me back into 2 wheels ( had to learn how to ride all over ) and stood up against me beating the snot out of it for a long time... I finally sold it to buy my 500 and i kinda regret that but at the same time i dont its a weird feeling.. I shoulda just sacked up saved the cash and bought the 500 and kept the 426 as a backup bike :D Ohh well live and learn

well this weekand it took a crap.

i think it dropped a valve but haven't had it apart yet.

bummed.

I already mentioned it in another thread, but i do love the bike its awesome.

And the guy i bought it from was good to it...but i mean it is 7 years old and he never had it rebuilt...so he sold it just in time...

I paid 1700 for it by the way motoxman

bummed.

And the guy i bought it from was good to it...but i mean it is 7 years old and he never had it rebuilt...so he sold it just in time...

1700??

WOAH!!!

then by all means bro u made a good choice :shocked2:

u got a nice lookin bike

too bad bout the valve tho :idiot:

thats the way it was with my bike

first bought it...had a few problems..fixed em..havent had problems since....u just gotta work out the kinks in it

Edited by motoxman30

bummed.

Bummer about the valve issue, sure someone didn't throw some blue plastics on an early crf :shocked2: . Seriously though, valve issues were pretty rare on the 426's.

^^^^^ Agreed with that guy.. I hardly ever heard of valve issues on the 426's hell mine still had the originals in it when i sold mine....

However let me dig up a thread for you that is a good refrence for what you will need to do a proper top end on that bike including all the yamaha part numbers for the valves guides seats springs so on and so forth.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520746

Give that thread a read.. its full of good info on the 426 when i was looking at rebuilding mine..

^^^^^ Agreed with that guy.. I hardly ever heard of valve issues on the 426's hell mine still had the originals in it when i sold mine....

However let me dig up a thread for you that is a good refrence for what you will need to do a proper top end on that bike including all the yamaha part numbers for the valves guides seats springs so on and so forth.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520746

Give that thread a read.. its full of good info on the 426 when i was looking at rebuilding mine..

Sweet link ISBB thanks, My 02 has never let me down but I know it's about time for some 426 lovin.

:shocked2:

Edited by indasand

well i took it in the other day..and my mechanic told me theres a rod out )=

not fun....he doesnt want to just throw a rod back in there, on account of it most likely breaking again...so for a rebuild it will be about 2500 bucks...wich is almost a grand more than i paid for the bike....

so i dont know what to do now....this thread went from PUMPED to BUMMED real quick...

any suggestions?

i may just sell the bike for what its worth, and just take it in the rear on thisa one.

Theres always a reason, if it blew more than once chances are he dint find it :dunno:

As a mechanic myself I understand that. Let me rephrase that then...."there was no sign of why it blew up" :dope:

The Yamaha dealer repaired it under warranty so there's no way he could have found it anyway. :blury: Unfortunatley when a motor blows up really bad, there's almost no way to find out why it went at times.

okay

thanks guys..

you wouldnt worry about hurting it more?

cuz thats exactly what the guy didnt want to do.

but...you know mechanics.

IF everything is still within spec in the head.. and the cylinder was not damaged why worry? that is something you have to trust your mechanic with... Which is why i kinda like doing my own work so i can see for myself.. if i have any questions i just ask reputable engine builders.. :D But like bert said if it was just a rod then put the carillo kit in get a new piston and ride it :D I would have the mechanic make sure that the head is fine and that there was no damage there... but if he is charging you 2500 bucks something sounds fishy if its just a rod if ya know what i mean..