Tickets For Rear Seats In Your Side x Side?

SandBlasted

Don the volunteer at Dumont told me the other day he has heard from other duners over at Glamis that the BLM is ticketing side x sides for having rear seats :dunno: even if there is no one in them.

I have no way of knowing how accurate this is. Don kinda gave the impression it will be happening at Dumont in the future.

I can see them having the ability to do this if there is someone in the rear seat, but if no one is sitting in the seat, I don't see how they can get away with it.

Does anyone else have any more info on this?

Craig

Hmmmm that sounds a bit fishy but at the same time it just figures. All I can say about California (Dumont) is if the vehicle was built as a single passenger ORV then no riding double is allowed. Some camping friends of ours purchased the rear seat and toolbox kit for a Polaris quad and were given a warning by the BLM or Sherriff (not sure which) for riding double.... bottom line there is a safety sticker on most new quads that says no passengers and that is what it seems they are going buy no matter what the aftermarket world is providing...

Hmmmm that sounds a bit fishy but at the same time it just figures. All I can say about California (Dumont) is if the vehicle was built as a single passenger ORV then no riding double is allowed. Some camping friends of ours purchased the rear seat and toolbox kit for a Polaris quad and were given a warning by the BLM or Sherriff (not sure which) for riding double.... bottom line there is a safety sticker on most new quads that says no passengers and that is what it seems they are going buy no matter what the aftermarket world is providing...

Thats true, but they don't give tickets (that I know of) just for having it installed.

If I remember right there was a LEO from Glamis on gd.com that said that they were writing tickets for "improperly" installed rear seats such as not having a cage and not having seat belts and not being secured safely to the vehicle.

That rumor seems to circulate from time to time. Never actually met anyone who got the ticket.

Like the Ford owner that knows 5 guys who's Allison transmissions grenaded.

Never met any one of those 5 guys either.

• 2 weeks later...

Its gotta be BS!!

How can lawsuits based on the factory design of the Rhino impact the allowance of a properly installed rear seat (if there can be such a thing, as they are not factory). Sounds to me like a "friend" who doesnt approve of the rear seat (but doesnt want to say so) came up with a "I heard . . .".

Its BS.

• 4 weeks later...

That rumor seems to circulate from time to time. Never actually met anyone who got the ticket.

Like the Ford owner that knows 5 guys who's Allison transmissions grenaded.

Never met any one of those 5 guys either.

I can introduce you to at least 5 of them...