show us your monkey!

Kens Colors

That's not why!!! I really do want one but the cheapest I've seen (for a LEGAL animal) is about 8 grand :ninja: It would also be almost like having a kid and who needs that?

If I could adopt a monkey from a shelter for like $30, bring on the poop! :duniemonkie::D

Free :duniemonkie: on Craigslist, :surrender: if it is fake though.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/zip/638210325.html

Edit: it was just flagged for removal, but here is a paste of the ad...

Adorable male and female baby capuchin monkeys that will make the best indoor and family pets, ready for good and caring homes.All will come with all paper work, health certificates and starter kits including baby blanket and toys.They tame and have been raised along with other animals like cats and dogs.They are very social and easy to handle.Contact via email for more information.JUST CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION IF INTERESTED

Edited by Foxysandchick

Holy crap that would have been awesome! Can you imagine if I had TWO monkies? I could train one to fling poo at certain peeps while the other pulls down their pants :ninja: Or we could train them to ride a kiddie quad :duniemonkie: OMG I want a damn monkie....

Free :duniemonkie: on Craigslist, :ninja: if it is fake though.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/zip/638210325.html

Edit: it was just flagged for removal, but here is a paste of the ad...

Adorable male and female baby capuchin monkeys that will make the best indoor and family pets, ready for good and caring homes.All will come with all paper work, health certificates and starter kits including baby blanket and toys.They tame and have been raised along with other animals like cats and dogs.They are very social and easy to handle.Contact via email for more information.JUST CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION IF INTERESTED

Sounds to me like raising monkies would be more work than kids. After all kids eventually learn to take care of themselves, and move on.

• 10 months later...

reason number 1 to not own any wild animals, including monkeys

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/1...nzee-attack-usa

For years, Travis had been a local celebrity in his hometown. He featured often on TV adverts, and would pose for photographs performing his favourite tricks: tucking into a filet mignon, dressing himself or using a computer.

But yesterday the pet chimpanzee went berserk, attacking a friend of his owner's and causing terrible facial injuries before turning on a police officer who shot him in self-defence.

The frenzied assault by the chimp led to a police response and subsequent press coverage normally reserved for gun rampages. "Furious George!" was the New York Post's punning headline, a take on the popular US children's book series about a precocious primate named Curious George.

Aged 14, and weighing a formidable 200 pounds, Travis had been brought up to all intents and purposes a human. His owner, Sandra Herold, aged 70, who had raised him since he was an infant, trained him to water the flowers, drink wine, brush his teeth and watch baseball. "He loves baseball. He likes anything with action," Herold once told an interviewer.

He also appeared in adverts for Coca-Cola and retailer Old Navy.

Though he had no record of violence, he had escaped once before – an event that only adds to his fame locally as he jokingly held up the traffic for hours.

Yesterday, though, there was no joviality. Police reported that the animal had been behaving oddly at home, and Herold had tried to calm him with tea laced with a sedative. But he grabbed her keys and let himself out of the back door, then started banging on local cars as though signalling he wanted to go for a drive.

Worried, Herold called her friend Charla Nash for help. As soon as the neighbour arrived, Travis turned on her, maulling her and biting her face, causing serious injuries.

Herold tried to save her friend by attacking her beloved pet with a kitchen knife, but Travis then went on to attack a police officer in his car. The officer, fearing for his own life, shot several times. Travis limped away.

By then about a dozen police cars had descended on the scene. Officers traced the animals steps by a trail of blood, and found him back in his cage where he had already died.