new motor

justntime

:hello: Why did you get rid of the 3.2 Honda? :laughing:

What needs are you trying to fulfill with a motor change? :rolleyes:

I'm a Honda guy, but I have a 2seater.

If you lug around 4 peeps all the time you may want to go with a more torquey motor.

But of course keep in mind your trans limitations.

R-

I suggested this to anohter guy a few weeks back.

but if your looking for something super reliable and pretty fast

I love the cadillac newstar motor. my old mans got one is his SU car and it really runs perfect every trip... almost like having a regular car motor in your buggy.

you cruise the whole place in third gear, from a put to a high speed bowl.

What do you know about aurora v8 250 hp 260 torque its all alluminum redlines at 6500 rpm.

Tranny guy said it will handle the power.

Talk w/ bp-guy. He runs that motor in his car and it makes plenty of power. Just don't let it go low on oil. :headbang1: Other than that, he is very happy with it.

Talk w/ bp-guy. He runs that motor in his car and it makes plenty of power. Just don't let it go low on oil. :DDRrocks: Other than that, he is very happy with it.

DAMN!!!! low blow there.... :no_no:

I blew it up so I could have an excuse to go to vegas and hang out with you for a night!!!

I wuld make the decision based on parts (when it breaks) and engine management choice. Personally Im a a megasquirt kick, based on options and price. But the ems stinger and 8860 are good.

Im using modified megasquirt 2's running ms2 extra code now for ls'1 based engines. The primary reason I like the ms stuff is it allows two seperate ve tables, IE dual fuel. For my turbo cars, its 87 octane off boost and either race gas or e85 on boost. This keeps actual use cost down . The same thing could be done on a high compression na engine too, only usig the good stuff when you need it.

ems stinger...= 800-1200

8860 = 1200 or so...

ems pro (based on megasquirt 1) but has nice features = 900

mega squirt 1 or megasquirt 2.....= $410 plus harness and maybe some options.....the ones I run are loaded and I get the harness and its $573.00 + some hardware changes in the box.

You do need to know more to use the MS stuff....

• 2 months later...
:beercheers: I might be able to lay my hands on a 5.7 hemi crate motor. I think it would be worth changing some springs out dont you think? probly makes more power than i need with efi but they make a carb intake for it also. well see what happends when its in my shop.

ill sell you a Mini Mog motor!...aint nuthin beatin that 660 3 cyl!!! WOOO HOOOOO....

from what i understand, the subi's are light weight and putting out quite a bit of HP, and i know that guys are getting these motors for about 2K from Japan with about 30K miles on them...I really like How Joe Duners car sounds, and it seems to keep up with all those pricey V8s out there...but then again i dont kow Chit about rails....

:DDRrocks: I might be able to lay my hands on a 5.7 hemi crate motor. I think it would be worth changing some springs out dont you think? probly makes more power than i need with efi but they make a carb intake for it also. well see what happends when its in my shop.

That motor would make your car handle like crap and blow your tranny up every 2 or 3 trips. Honda!!!! :beercheers:

Good times!!! The motor is realy cheep was a waranty motor that never got put in thats all, maybee 1,000 bucks. my neighbor is the service manager at dodge. maybee i should take it and sell it to buy my honda motor. thanks guys. :beercheers:

Joe my house is still hot upstairs!!!

Hemi's SUCK azz!!! :lol::slap::lol: friggin slow engines :stir: easier to buy chevy parts :chug:

Capt

hemi would woop yo a$$ suka !!!!! :lol::booty: :chug: :ninja::lol:

dump that tranny get a ls motor and enjoy...................

honda u.s. donates money to the sierra club

Edited by barefoot bob

Good times!!! The motor is realy cheep was a waranty motor that never got put in thats all, maybee 1,000 bucks. my neighbor is the service manager at dodge. maybee i should take it and sell it to buy my honda motor. thanks guys. :beercheers:

Joe my house is still hot upstairs!!!

Yep, it still needs a compressor. Let me know when you want it done.