this thing iz bad azz

QUAD STAR 238

where does yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, and honda come from??

:usa: OK cheap china built knock off's,you get what you pay for.. Just try to sale that peace of crap in a year. :blink:

BIG difference when you are talking sandrails and quads there, lad. :usa: Besides, I don't think any of those are built in China. I think it's Japan? :barf: I'm pretty sure Japanese techonology/ engineering is far more advanced than China. :barf:

Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda have been engineering and building ATVs for many MANY years. Go ahead and buy a China built rail/ UTV/ whatever you wanna call these p.o.s's and see how long it lasts. Thats if it you are still having fun with it after a week. :blink::blink:

BIG difference when you are talking sandrails and quads there, lad. :usa: Besides, I don't think any of those are built in China. I think it's Japan? :barf: I'm pretty sure Japanese techonology/ engineering is far more advanced than China. :barf:

Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda have been engineering and building ATVs for many MANY years. Go ahead and buy a China built rail/ UTV/ whatever you wanna call these p.o.s's and see how long it lasts. Thats if it you are still having fun with it after a week. :blink::blink:

YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE RIGHT PADDLES :stir:

BIG difference when you are talking sandrails and quads there, lad. :usa: Besides, I don't think any of those are built in China. I think it's Japan? :barf: I'm pretty sure Japanese techonology/ engineering is far more advanced than China. :angry2:

Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda have been engineering and building ATVs for many MANY years. Go ahead and buy a China built rail/ UTV/ whatever you wanna call these p.o.s's and see how long it lasts. Thats if it you are still having fun with it after a week. :barf::blink:

i dont think that the japanese came up with these vehicles

i think WE came up with them and they fund it

I was talkin to this guy workin for honda out at dumont...testin out a new quad that THEY designed

so yeah ur right...i know wut ur talkin bout

but its the luck of the pick

i picked up a pitbike...chinese made like u said...its AWESOME.

but then u go out and buy some off brand pep boys special quad from china

well dont plan on it lastin much longer than next week lol

some of their stuff is good and some is bad

this thing looks a lil iffy

but then again so did the rhino in the beginning

but a widened wheel base, pipe and graphics helped fix that up

and of course u gotta put those special paddles on that i always been talkin bout

WE NEED SOME TESTERS!!!! :laughoff::barf::blink:

I agree...If the thing was running a year after the purchase, how much will it be worth, 2k? Where are you going to buy parts? I never see a Joyner dealer anywhere........and WTF? 1729lbs!!!!

ive already researched them there is a dealer in fresno. they use a 1100cc engine. all of the videos ive seen are bad azz. everyone that ive met that has a joyner has been extreamly impressed with them. they are good buggys just not as good as the amercian buggy. but its cheaper in price and will probably last just as long. and were talking about a buggy like thing not a atv

ive already researched them there is a dealer in fresno. they use a 1100cc engine. all of the videos ive seen are bad azz. everyone that ive met that has a joyner has been extreamly impressed with them. they are good buggys just not as good as the amercian buggy. but its cheaper in price and will probably last just as long. and were talking about a buggy like thing not a atv

yeah go grab one

and if u dont like it

theres people out there who dont ride who wouldnt know the difference between good and bad

u can sell it

pimp it out and let us know how it goes

Japan, big difference.....

there actually made in arazona just a plant he has in china makes some of the parts

They may be assembled in Arizona, but the important stuff like welding of the chassis and suspension, materials used, quality control, etc. is done in China..........

Did you do research like this?

Nice welds

Click for more

...and more

...and more

I'm not trying to talk you out of it. I just want to ensure you know all the facts. I personally wouldn't put my family and friends in one. They just don't look safe IMHO.

Guest Crasher

You changed your screen name Gerald! How come? :breakdance: I like the new one too! :headbang1:

I know, sorry :beercheers:

Edited by Crasher

You changed your screen name Gerald! How come? :headbang1: I like the new one too! :laughoff:

I know, sorry :breakdance:

I have been wanting to change it to something dune related for some time.....and I am a kid at heart like most of us. :beercheers:

if he wants to get one let the man get one

none of us know anything about em

and hes done his research

its like a kid waitin to get his first bike and then someone says no that one sucks

i actually think theyre pretty sweet

i donno bout dunin purposes but out on hard packed itd probably do good

its like the new buggy yoshis got goin

none of us know anything bout it except that it looks totally wicked and wut he has told us

he should get it...if it breaks down...o well...fix it up and work the kinks out...or sell it

if it runs longer than some of the buggys out at dumont....then he made a good choice

luck of the draw

if he wants to get one let the man get one

none of us know anything about em

and hes done his research

its like a kid waitin to get his first bike and then someone says no that one sucks

i actually think theyre pretty sweet

i donno bout dunin purposes but out on hard packed itd probably do good

its like the new buggy yoshis got goin

none of us know anything bout it except that it looks totally wicked and wut he has told us

he should get it...if it breaks down...o well...fix it up and work the kinks out...or sell it

if it runs longer than some of the buggys out at dumont....then he made a good choice

luck of the draw

:laughoff: The dude asked for opinions for a reason. If he plans on using it in hardpack then that worries me even more. Hardpack is much less forgiving than the sand when you wad it up.

...and as far as the research.....I offered more research from folks that have them, have been in this industry longer than most, and know what's up. I have no idea why I try sometimes. :beercheers:

FYI - Yoshi has tested the crap outta his other rail models. Did you even know that he already has a product line on the market, and not in R&D like his new one? I have more confidence in his stuff (also American made) than I would ever have in the Chinese crap....

Some of your comments come off like a backhanded compliment. :breakdance: What's up with that :headbang1: ?

Japan, big difference.....

They may be assembled in Arizona, but the important stuff like welding of the chassis and suspension, materials used, quality control, etc. is done in China..........

Is there an echo in here? :banghead:

That's what I'm talking about, Yosh. :slap:

:laughing: The dude asked for opinions for a reason. If he plans on using it in hardpack then that worries me even more. Hardpack is much less forgiving than the sand when you wad it up.

...and as far as the research.....I offered more research from folks that have them, have been in this industry longer than most, and know what's up. I have no idea why I try sometimes. :MBdance:

FYI - Yoshi has tested the crap outta his other rail models. Did you even know that he already has a product line on the market, and not in R&D like his new one? I have more confidence in his stuff (also American made) than I would ever have in the Chinese crap....

Some of your comments come off like a backhanded compliment. :MBdance: What's up with that :laughing: ?

exactly :bawl:

I was just lettin the guy (QUAD STAR 238) know my input because I wouldn't want to see someone dump a chitload of their hard earned omney into something expecting alot and ending up gettin China garbage quality in the end.

:bawl: The dude asked for opinions for a reason. If he plans on using it in hardpack then that worries me even more. Hardpack is much less forgiving than the sand when you wad it up.

...and as far as the research.....I offered more research from folks that have them, have been in this industry longer than most, and know what's up. I have no idea why I try sometimes. :MBdance:

Some of your comments come off like a backhanded compliment. :slap: What's up with that :laughing: ?

sorry dude

i know nothin about em

do u think it would do well in the dunes or get stuck on every hill??? not tryin to be a smartass cuz i honestly dont know the power on em.

im just sayin theyd be funner on hard packed because u could keep the speed up on em...but even then...i havent read up on em so i dont know wut the suspension is like or gearing or any of that other stuff :laughing:

and yeah i know yoshis got all his stuff tested out

its gotta be good to get on the market...so he knows wut hes doin

i do congratulate him :drunk::banghead: ...if i ever become half as succesful as he was id be a happy man :D

but these things are on the market and people are buyin em

so its either someone tryin to make a quick buck and they fall apart when u get em in the trailer

or its built somewhat decent to the way the designer liked it

ive never ridden in one...but anything with wheels and a motor....excites me...trail ridin....in the open air up in the mtns on that thing would be killer.

wuts the alternative to one of these??

they need to bring the honda pilot back :MBdance:

Edited by motoxman30

sorry dude

i know nothin about em

do u think it would do well in the dunes or get stuck on every hill??? not tryin to be a smartass cuz i honestly dont know the power on em.

im just sayin theyd be funner on hard packed because u could keep the speed up on em...but even then...i havent read up on em so i dont know wut the suspension is like or gearing or any of that other stuff :idiot:

and yeah i know yoshis got all his stuff tested out

its gotta be good to get on the market...so he knows wut hes doin

i do congratulate him :idiot: :freakin_nuts: ...if i ever become half as succesful as he was id be a happy man :D

but these things are on the market and people are buyin em

so its either someone tryin to make a quick buck and they fall apart when u get em in the trailer

or its built somewhat decent to the way the designer liked it

ive never ridden in one...but anything with wheels and a motor....excites me...trail ridin....in the open air up in the mtns on that thing would be killer.

wuts the alternative to one of these??

they need to bring the honda pilot back :laughoff:

thanks man!!! frm wat ive heard they have plenty of power for the dunes and pretty much everything u throw at them. i rode in one of the 800cc buggys at pismo and mojave and it did pretty good. i like yoshis rail better to but its outa my pricerange :assblast: . i would use it on hardpacked to in the moutains and mojave also :laughoff: . i appreciate your suggestions everybody and please keep em coming. also i heard that every joyner is now fully inspected and tested before it is sold. and yes they should bring back the oddesy :freakin_nuts:

1700+lbs, that thing is a pig! If you want a buggy for that kind of jack you could get a used mid travel beam car and drive circles around the Joyner. If you want something new to cruise around on (side X side) get a polaris, rhino or terex. That joyner is NOT a buggy I could break within minutes of arriving @ the dunes if I drove it like my buggy. Plus, IMO they look pretty :blink: