Hopping up 70's

dunefreak

I have been checking out some of the stuff that is available for these things and I am pretty damn suprised at how cheap some of this stuff is! :dope:

The 85cc kit is only about $115. :think:

http://dratv.com/85ccsteelcyl.html

Anyways, I am just gonna be throwing a new seat cover in this badboy soon and that's about it (other than some DDR stickers of course). It runs great, but when its time to overhaul it I think I might add a little extra power under the seat.

post-3-1215481723_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had any experience with hopping up a 70? How much gains and is it worth the $$? What all have you done? :think:

leave it stock... clean it up.. and have fun with it.. even stock these things are damn reliable.. when you start messin with them sh*t starts mysteriously freakin out and breaking.

Oh you don't have to convince me about leaving it stock. Look at every bike I have- all internal motor stuff on them is STOCK and they all have lasted forever. :beercheers:

I was just thinking how cool it was that the slightly hopped up stuff isn't too overkill and would still be pretty reliable for cheap.

Just picked up this 70, it had been converted to a 110cc electric start lifan, The motor / tranny is about 400 brand new with electric start!

atc_70.jpg

NICE! :beercheers: Is it me or does that thing not have any pegs? :blink:

Thanks for the link Freak. :thumb:

I've been thinkin' bout hoppin'-up the 79' Z50. It's a little sluggish. :thumb:

Them kits really are cheap. :headbang1:

Are they easy to install? :dunno:

post-591-1215492907_thumb.jpg

They can't be that hard or any different from a friggen lawnmower. :drunk::thumb:

They can't be that hard or any different from a friggen lawnmower. :thumb::beercheers:

Who said I fix lawnmowers? :dunno:

I don't know about the valves and chit. more familiar with 2strokes.

Are you sayin' you'll work for beer? :thumb:

:headbang1:

Who said I fix lawnmowers? :slap:

Are you sayin' you'll work for beer? :blink:

:beercheers:

I was never implying you worked on lawnmowers. :headbang1: Hell...neither do I, but any jagazz could figure it out if they had to. They aren't very complex at all.

And no, I don't work for beer. :dunno::thumb: I can't even get around to changing my oil at times let alone overhauling chit. :drunk::thumb::thumb:

I was never implying you worked on lawnmowers. :beercheers: Hell...neither do I, but any jagazz could figure it out if they had to. They aren't very complex at all.

And no, I don't work for beer. :dunno::headbang1: I can't even get around to changing my oil at times let alone overhauling chit. :slap::thumb::thumb:

:thumb: Yeah, I hear ya.

The mechanic's cars need service.

The plumbers pipes leak.

The electrician has a DelTaco flag.

Doctors smoke cigarettes.

And the machinist has electrical tape holding his fuel filter on his sandcar. :drunk:

Go figure. :blink:

I put a 110 pitbike motor with a bigbore pipe in my trx 70 .It was awesome how it bolted right in.Having the bigger motor and pipe gave it alot more torque and acceleration.We radared it.With me on it that little thing did 43mph.Its a 4 speed with a clutch.We had it at Dumont and aired it down.I could go right up the finger dunes easy.I would pull 3rd gear tapped on top of the finger dune with my big butt on it.They are alot of fun.

Mine is stock and still fun to ride, I would not hop it up, but rather do like aaron did and buy a totally drop in setup for it. That way if you have any issues you can always go back to stock in no time.

DSC00345.jpg

Edited by mineurbiz

:beercheers: Yeah, I hear ya.

The plumbers pipes leak.

And the machinist has electrical tape holding his fuel filter on his sandcar. :headbang1:

Go figure. :thumb:

That is SOOOOO the F-ING truth lol :thumb:

The plumbers pipes leak.

And the machinist has electrical tape holding his fuel filter on his sandcar. :headbang1:

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

The plumbers pipes leak.

HAHA HA HA HA HA

I have a 1981 atc 70 and fully restored it, the only change that I made was that I put a k&n on it, rejeted it and that made all the difference it the world. before it had a hard time pulling me around in 3rd gear, now 3rd is no problem. try that, its cheap and im sure you will be more than happy with the results. I buy all my parts from dratv too.

Mine is stock and still fun to ride, I would not hop it up, but rather do like aaron did and buy a totally drop in setup for it. That way if you have any issues you can always go back to stock in no time.

DSC00345.jpg

WHAT A TOILET IF MY SHAIT LOOK LIKE THAT......DAM IT WOULD NOT!!! :beercheers::headbang1:

Who said I fix lawnmowers? :dunno:

Are you sayin' you'll work for beer? :thumb:

:beercheers:

I'm glad i decided to keep my kids 90 for myself don't have to hop it up ! :thumb:

Hey randizzle i need my honda hr215 looked at somethins up with the carb !! :headbang1:

:thumb:

I put a 110 pitbike motor with a bigbore pipe in my trx 70 .It was awesome how it bolted right in.Having the bigger motor and pipe gave it alot more torque and acceleration.We radared it.With me on it that little thing did 43mph.Its a 4 speed with a clutch.We had it at Dumont and aired it down.I could go right up the finger dunes easy.I would pull 3rd gear tapped on top of the finger dune with my big butt on it.They are alot of fun.

Hell yeah, Aaron. Thats what I'm talkin about. :beercheers::thumb: Hey post up some pics of that thing. I'd like to check it out. Bert has told me about it, but I don't think I have ever seen it. Where did you get the 100 motor from?

WHAT A TOILET IF MY SHAIT LOOK LIKE THAT......DAM IT WOULD NOT!!! :headbang1::thumb:

What SHIAT might that be, Kenny? You sold all your shiat!!! :drunk::slap::dunno::thumb:

And hey....you have never even ridden your sh*t long enough to GET dirty! :black: :blink:

What SHIAT might that be, Kenny? You sold all your shiat!!! :thumb::thumb::beercheers::headbang1:

And hey....you have never even ridden your sh*t long enough to GET dirty! :drunk::dunno:

He rides like a girl anyways!!! :thumb:

Edited by mineurbiz

true...atleast you know im pulling your chain!! :barf:

Oh yeah, I remember the Kenny that would go to the beach night club and snag beers out of the tub while the girl was not looking, I think that is how I got my beer bottle bong.