Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others.

THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE.

Thank you for your support!

Spell check won't catch those errors. You need a grammer checker for that.

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others.

THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE.

Thank you for your support!

Funny Don! I didn't make it to school that week I was out sick.I will stay on top of my spell check for now on. :stick_smack:

Posted

OMG, I just about fell off the chair when I read this....seems to me duniemonkie, taco and I just conversed about this on Sunday!!!!!! :stick_smack::stick_smack::laughing::laughing::flipoff::flipoff:

Really? I need to lay off the crack...

Thank you Don for broaching this subject; I also can't stand reading these simple mistakes. Please follow up with lessons on punctuation, capitalization, and the seen/saw situation.

Posted

Really? I need to lay off the crack...

Thank you Don for broaching this subject; I also can't stand reading these simple mistakes. Please follow up with lessons on punctuation, capitalization, and the seen/saw situation.

Can you also discuss run-on sentences? :stick_smack:

Posted

Spell check won't catch those errors. You need a grammer checker for that.

Believe it in not, THERE are quite a few people that spell THEIR incorrectly. THEY'RE spelling it thIEr which would be caught with a spell check.

Posted

Believe it in not, THERE are quite a few people that spell THEIR incorrectly. THEY'RE spelling it thIEr which would be caught with a spell check.

Yes, but say for instance you are writing a document for work and accidently use the word tit when you intended to use tip. As far as spell check is concerned tit is a valid word and is correctly spelled. This has happened to some. :stick_smack:

Posted

Really? I need to lay off the crack...

Thank you Don for broaching this subject; I also can't stand reading these simple mistakes. Please follow up with lessons on punctuation, capitalization, and the seen/saw situation.

Read when wingnut said that. That was over a year ago. :stick_smack:

Posted

Is there a point to this tread, cause if there isn't then people are wasting their time. Then everyone could be out driving their rails but, they're still sleeping trying to get over this silly thread.

Did I do it right? :D

Posted (edited)

Damn, who dug this thread up "AND WHAT NOT"<<<<<<<<<<That phrase makes my teeth hurt!!!!! :stick_smack:

Edited by wingnut
Posted

Damn, who dug this thread up "AND WHAT NOT"<<<<<<<<<<That prase makes my teeth hurt!!!!! :stick_smack:

You should probably get that checked out. How long since you've been to the dentist? :stick_smack:

Posted

i was browsin' on through the ddr forum, and what not.. and saw this here thread and thought "i'm really glad this here thing got brung up 'cause it's important and stuff", so i thought that i'd go on and enter my own thinkin's 'bout this, and it goes a li'l sumpin' like this..

your education is important, and i knew this as a youngin'. i had to walk fourteen miles to school and back, uphill both ways, sometimes waist deep in snow. all y'all don't realize how much a fool you's be makin' of yourself not payin' no mind to what you're writin' on the 'net 'cause y'alls is just ignorant, ya heard?

now you go on 'head and get them there they're and theirs correct. let's work on them loose chains too 'cause you don't be wantin' to lose. if it is then it's it's, and if it ain't then it's its. if you're too ignorant to learns the number two isn't to or too, then wear a tutu ya faery.. or is it fairie? i can't remember the last time i saw it in the dictionary, but i've seen it spelled both ways.

Posted

i was browsin' on through the ddr forum, and what not.. and saw this here thread and thought "i'm really glad this here thing got brung up 'cause it's important and stuff", so i thought that i'd go on and enter my own thinkin's 'bout this, and it goes a li'l sumpin' like this..

your education is important, and i knew this as a youngin'. i had to walk fourteen miles to school and back, uphill both ways, sometimes waist deep in snow. all y'all don't realize how much a fool you's be makin' of yourself not payin' no mind to what you're writin' on the 'net 'cause y'alls is just ignorant, ya heard?

now you go on 'head and get them there they're and theirs correct. let's work on them loose chains too 'cause you don't be wantin' to lose. if it is then it's it's, and if it ain't then it's its. if you're too ignorant to learns the number two isn't to or too, then wear a tutu ya faery.. or is it fairie? i can't remember the last time i saw it in the dictionary, but i've seen it spelled both ways.

You make me laugh, I'm going to make you my girl ! :beercheers:

  • 2 years later...
Posted

Bored at work huh Don? Guess ya'll are as bsuy acroos the street as we are over here. Can't believe I came in at 6 only to get off at 10. But get paid for ten hours. Gotta love the Gubment!

Posted (edited)

Since I'm a pro at this I will have to step up and say.

I suck at the spell check, proof read thing. I am the worst of all. I type you instead your, quite, quit, and quiet always get me every time. I'm good with Their, There, They're but have be caught with your and you're on occasion.

Since

Sense

Cents

can be very tricky also.

But I really don't GAF, so I'll just keep doing what I do and hope for the best.

Stirring Wheel

Steering Wheel

:beercheers: that was the worst or is it worse of all

Edited by desertskyz
Posted

Bored at work huh Don? Guess ya'll are as bsuy acroos the street as we are over here. Can't believe I came in at 6 only to get off at 10. But get paid for ten hours. Gotta love the Gubment!

GET BACK TO WORK! :beercheers:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...