Don29palms Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 (edited) THERE is more of a direction as in "There it is." or "It's over there." or "We'll meet you there." THEIR is a possesive pronoun as in "Their sandrail" or "Their spelling" or "Their cooler full of beer." THEY'RE is a contraction of they are as in "They're out riding." or "They're drunk." or "They're stupid" I hope this might clear up a small bit of confusion. Edited April 18, 2006 by Don29palms Quote
trqjnky Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 now you only need to go through with the rest of the rules of the english language and we will be able to read and understand what people are saying. Quote
Sincity_blondie Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 :headbang: um ok don, was that our english lesson for the day? thank you for clearing all that up, cause ya know i tend to let my blonde show!!! :headbang: :headbang: Quote
Don29palms Posted April 18, 2006 Author Posted April 18, 2006 Just a pet peeve of mine and I know it won't help but it made me feel less like . Quote
Fast Machine Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 Thanks for the lesson, Don. Their are a lot of people who use the words incorrectly. I'm sure there happy you helped them in they're english. Quote
DeToXiC1 Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 (edited) there you go, Their are other`s that might get somthin from this learnin lesson on the word up there......and they need to know...lol Edited April 18, 2006 by DeToXiC1 Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 (edited) Their's no reason to get all up in they're stuff!! That's harder to write wrong.....than it is to write right!! Right? :laughing: Edited April 18, 2006 by cmyfirepole Quote
Vegas FX400 Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 ....kinda like goose and geese or moose and meese..... Quote
Vegas FX400 Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 oh...eye sea it much better now......thanks four the inpho Quote
crazymexeddie Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 Let there be fresh beer & Jack Daniels for all duners! Quote
dunefreak Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 Let there be fresh beer & Jack Daniels for all duners! WTF!!??? Quote
Ooo Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 I am actually very confused when it comes to this - thank you for the clearification. I just cut and pasted this to a small sheet to attach to the board next to my desk.... Quote
Fast Machine Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 I am actually very confused when it comes to this - thank you for the clearification. I just cut and pasted this to a small sheet to attach to the board next to my desk.... Let's hear it for Don!!! pencil 'clarification' on that paper.... Quote
wingnut Posted April 18, 2006 Posted April 18, 2006 OMG, I just about fell off the chair when I read this....seems to me duniemonkie, taco and I just conversed about this on Sunday!!!!!! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 seems to me i dont care if there really is a proper way to use their they're and there Quote
wingnut Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 seems to me i dont care if there really is a proper way to use their they're and there Don't be so angry my brotha!!!!! :angry: Quote
superdave Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 jesus f*ckin christ! after all these years i thought i had forgotten about english class. godamn it! :angry: Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 jesus f*ckin christ! after all these years i thought i had forgotten about english class. godamn it! Me too....even though I just took it last semester..... I usually purge after every exam!! :angry: Quote
DeToXiC1 Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 (edited) their they're there.....ISBB it`ll all be ok.... just watch the show ED ED AND EDDIE and it will all start to make sence Edited April 19, 2006 by DeToXiC1 Quote
Don29palms Posted August 23, 2007 Author Posted August 23, 2007 I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others. THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE. Thank you for your support! Quote
dunefreak Posted August 23, 2007 Posted August 23, 2007 I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others. THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE. Thank you for your support! We need a topic of it's own for SAW and SEEN. "I SEEN that movie the other day." No you didn't...you SAW it. There are soooo many people that I hear say that and post that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.