There Their They're

Don29palms

THERE is more of a direction as in "There it is." or "It's over there." or "We'll meet you there."

THEIR is a possesive pronoun as in "Their sandrail" or "Their spelling" or "Their cooler full of beer."

THEY'RE is a contraction of they are as in "They're out riding." or "They're drunk." or "They're stupid"

I hope this might clear up a small bit of confusion. :laughing:

Edited by Don29palms

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others.

THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE.

Thank you for your support!

I figured it was time to bring this topic up again. School will be starting sooner for some than for others.

THERE are people that don't know how to spell and should be using THEIR spellcheck on a regular basis. THEY'RE the ones that this is directed to. It is also THERE to help people with the proper ways to use the words THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE.

Thank you for your support!

:laughing:

We need a topic of it's own for SAW and SEEN.

"I SEEN that movie the other day." No you didn't...you SAW it. :stick_smack::stick_smack: There are soooo many people that I hear say that and post that.