SiCk 350R Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 This sounds like a lot of fun! I should be able to make it unless someting comes up. POKER+RIDING= Quote
aceisback Posted October 18, 2008 Posted October 18, 2008 What class is your son running and what does he ride? 650+ power adder, and duner classes. Maybe more if he gets enlisted for some jockey assistance. Primarily DS650's. Or atleast they started out as a DS650, one of them is a DS800 Turbo on NOS. Quote
indasand Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 (edited) Cool See ya all there, and Terry let me know if ya need any help!!! In response to the "Come to Jesus meeting" thread from Ynot... I thought i was going crazy..... I new I volunteered on a thread a while ago... now you have my cell, let me know what is needed Edited October 31, 2008 by indasand Quote
ash Posted October 31, 2008 Posted October 31, 2008 I will be there with family. We are leaving Friday night coming back Monday afternoon sometime. I cannot stress how much I need to get out to the sand for some serious stress relief! Quote
ash Posted November 1, 2008 Posted November 1, 2008 Likewise Nick. I'm getting the trailer over to the house tomorrow and getting everything running right, especially the 450 cause I plan on riding a lot more this season! See you then Quote
jackpunx Posted November 2, 2008 Posted November 2, 2008 I have not been on here for a while.. got a new show and been working 80+ hrs a week .. I finally made a commitment to take the rail out...and it falls on this event... I cant wait.. I have not had a chance to play with the new car since i got it... Where is everyone camping? Last time I was there I got great phone reception and liked the spot near bathroom 5 I think.. Would love to hook up and finally meet some of you. Mark Quote
ltr450 Posted November 2, 2008 Posted November 2, 2008 I have not been on here for a while.. got a new show and been working 80+ hrs a week .. I finally made a commitment to take the rail out...and it falls on this event... I cant wait.. I have not had a chance to play with the new car since i got it... Where is everyone camping? Last time I was there I got great phone reception and liked the spot near bathroom 5 I think.. Would love to hook up and finally meet some of you. Mark Welcome back "Jackpunx" havn't been here for a while I think that it's going to be a pretty turn out for the poker run, and I think that most of the DDR guy's that are camping, are going to be around bath 6 & 10 Quote
HappyHour Posted November 2, 2008 Posted November 2, 2008 I'm pulling off the "overnight run" for this event! I'm rolling in Friday night, and rolling out Saturday after the event. :B I figure since it's the first, I've got to be there!!!! See-Ya'll out there!!!! :fro_smokin: :B Quote
desertskyz Posted November 3, 2008 Posted November 3, 2008 (edited) I love doing Poker Runs however I am a little disappointed in the locations of the check points. They are so close together. I Thought they would be more spread out like:I North or South Pole: To show people where NOT to go and some talk about the lizard habitat. Comp Hill: Maybe talk about the trash problem. Little Dunes: To remind people to get their passes and safety issues. That would make a rather spread out and require a lot of gas to get around and maybe not everyone can make it out to the poles. No biggie. Just my thoughts. Edited November 3, 2008 by desertskyz Quote
ynot Posted November 3, 2008 Author Posted November 3, 2008 I love doing Poker Runs however I am a little disappointed in the locations of the check points. They are so close together. I Thought they would be more spread out like:I North or South Pole: To show people where NOT to go and some talk about the lizard habitat. Comp Hill: Maybe talk about the trash problem. Little Dunes: To remind people to get their passes and safety issues. That would make a rather spread out and require a lot of gas to get around and maybe not everyone can make it out to the poles. No biggie. Just my thoughts. Just so you know the checkpoints are placed to make sure everybody including kids on smaller bikes can get to them, also they are placed in envriomently "HOT" spots This is so the experts can answer questions on Sperry Wash and the area's near them and where we can and cannot go Out by the old Railroad is a critical habitat for the lizard and is the out of bounds line for the N/E side of the dunes The 3rd is at the NORTH POLE which is also close to the out of bounds line and the experts will be able to talk about why you can't ride out to the other little set of dunes to the north Last checkpoint is out at the south end of the dunes near the Salt Creek Mountain Range where we will have a bioligist there to advise why we need to stay clear of that area while on our way to the little dunes. I did not want to make this a day long trip, just something "extra" to do for the weekend that can be done quickly or take place within the 4 hour time frame. I hope this answer satisfies why the checkpoints have been chosen at this point in time. These are the areas of highest priority right now. Quote
desertskyz Posted November 3, 2008 Posted November 3, 2008 (edited) My bad Terry, I thought the map was depicting the check points. Thanks for information Edited November 3, 2008 by desertskyz Quote
dunefreak Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 My bad Terry, I thought the map was depicting the check points. Thanks for information The map was just to show where the meet up/ registration spot is. Those spots would take 2 minutes to finish if that was the case! They were just on the map to help point out some landmarks in the area. Freakin skyz Quote
ynot Posted November 4, 2008 Author Posted November 4, 2008 My bad Terry, I thought the map was depicting the check points. Thanks for information You mean I explained all that for nothing? You must not realize what a lousy typist I am! Quote
dunefreak Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 You mean I explained all that for nothing? You must not realize what a lousy typist I am! I don't think you typed it all for nothing. She was unsure till you posted up. BTW: I updated the poker run info page for people like skyz. Quote
desertskyz Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 I don't think you typed it all for nothing. She was unsure till you posted up. BTW: I updated the poker run info page for people like skyz. I'm not a loser. Peterhead. I just confuse easily. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 I'm not a loser. Peterhead. I just confuse easily. Well let's put it this way. If there was a competition for understanding things, YOU'D LOSE! Can't wait for this weekend to come. Weather looks like it will be pretty cooperative. Quote
desertskyz Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 (edited) Well let's put it this way. If there was a competition for understanding things, YOU'D LOSE! Can't wait for this weekend to come. Weather looks like it will be pretty cooperative. I AM NOT A LOSER. and your personal attack. The map had 5 location on it, there are 5 cards to be drawn in a poker, the math made some since. The close location of the areas depicted on the map did not, that is why I asked a simple question. Jezzzz. The was nothing said about that map being JUST a map to locate the registration area. Now I'm all azzhurt and don't want to eat my yogurt and apple. Edited November 4, 2008 by desertskyz Quote
Warrior07 Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 I AM NOT A LOSER. and your personal attack. The map had 5 location on it, there are 5 cards to be drawn in a poker, the math made some since. The close location of the areas depicted on the map did not, that is why I asked a simple question. Jezzzz. The was nothing said about that map being JUST a map to locate the registration area. Now I'm all azzhurt and don't want to eat my yogurt and apple. Quote
dman74 Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 damn a little sensitive skyz take it easy I wil be there plan on heading out friday morning Quote
desertskyz Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 damn a little sensitive skyz take it easy I wil be there plan on heading out friday morning cool we will too. We'll be there about 9-10 am. come looks us up for a ride. I'll need to find someone to give my canopy to sometime that day. Quote
mush Posted November 4, 2008 Posted November 4, 2008 DDR newbs will be there with a couple of Rhinos, looks like good times, and will help me learn the area a little better, holloween was my cherry run for dumont, and my wifes 1st dune trip. Quote
dunefreak Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 :argue: I AM NOT A LOSER. and your personal attack. The map had 5 location on it, there are 5 cards to be drawn in a poker, the math made some since. The close location of the areas depicted on the map did not, that is why I asked a simple question. Jezzzz. The was nothing said about that map being JUST a map to locate the registration area. Now I'm all azzhurt and don't want to eat my yogurt and apple. holy crap. Can't take a joke? anyyyywayyyyyssss.............. I'm super stoked about the weekend. Weather looks awesome, rail is all prettied up and ready, and I think I got all my chit together. Quote
desertskyz Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 Us too! I CAN NOT WAIT to the the F out of here. First trip of the season. :argue: No harm done. Quote
jackpunx Posted November 5, 2008 Posted November 5, 2008 who is going up on friday and where are you all camping? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.