Not to get all political

wingnut

Got this emailed to me today. Watch the end.

Politics aside the oath we take is "to defend the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic". Iraq did not pose a threat to us and isn't the country with the most severe human rights violations. We cannot be World Police and it is shame our proud Service Men and Women are dying for nothing. Afghanistan is a legitimate use of our forces as the Taliban supported Al Queda. Freedom and Democracy will never work in a Muslim country as they are the most intolerant of all religions. I was in Somalia and can tell you that they have been fighting forever (Muslims) and will continue to do so. They are the same religion but fight over who is actually practicing it the right way. WTF ? The true shame of that video is that a young man is missing a leg and when all is said and done it will have been for naught. Just my :woo_hoo: Semper Fi !

Politics aside the oath we take is "to defend the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic". Iraq did not pose a threat to us and isn't the country with the most severe human rights violations. We cannot be World Police and it is shame our proud Service Men and Women are dying for nothing. Afghanistan is a legitimate use of our forces as the Taliban supported Al Queda. Freedom and Democracy will never work in a Muslim country as they are the most intolerant of all religions. I was in Somalia and can tell you that they have been fighting forever (Muslims) and will continue to do so. They are the same religion but fight over who is actually practicing it the right way. WTF ? The true shame of that video is that a young man is missing a leg and when all is said and done it will have been for naught. Just my :woo_hoo: Semper Fi !

Wow, you sure put it, the way I have been thinking......... I sure hope our country makes a turn and things get better soon!!

couldnt have said it better myself.

Well, with 20 years of service, and 3 seperate conflicts, I couldn't see things more differently. I think we need to do whatever/whenever we can, because no other country in the world has the balls to step up and at least try to make the world a better place. I've seen 1st hand what we have done so far over there and if I can help at least one little girl/boy to see freedom and live in peace then send me to a hundred other places. Everyone deserves to live the same way... We as a people wont see what has been acomplished over there for many years to come. But we have done something you can believe that. I've lost many friends in combat over the years, it comes with what we do. I'll die one day, I can't think of another way I would want to then for this country or another if they can get what we have. Saddam was like a little kid, with the UN just saying no, he continued.... and just like a little kid that keeps up time and again, eventually you have to bust his a$$.....Semper Fi, Woody :woo_hoo:

Well, with 20 years of service, and 3 seperate conflicts, I couldn't see things more differently. I think we need to do whatever/whenever we can, because no other country in the world has the balls to step up and at least try to make the world a better place. I've seen 1st hand what we have done so far over there and if I can help at least one little girl/boy to see freedom and live in peace then send me to a hundred other places. Everyone deserves to live the same way... We as a people wont see what has been acomplished over there for many years to come. But we have done something you can believe that. I've lost many friends in combat over the years, it comes with what we do. I'll die one day, I can't think of another way I would want to then for this country or another if they can get what we have. Saddam was like a little kid, with the UN just saying no, he continued.... and just like a little kid that keeps up time and again, eventually you have to bust his a$$.....Semper Fi, Woody :woo_hoo:

Hi Woody. As stated I have been in the middle of one of these conflicts and I can say that from a humanitarian standpoint it did feel good to see change. I was saddened upon my realization that the newfound freedoms they were enjoying were only had by armed troops in every facet of their lives. I knew when we left it would be no better than when we came.When we pull out of Iraq it will be even worse than when Saddam was in power. There is no true goverment in place. They are attacking their so called governmental officials at almost the same frequency as they are attacking us. They are singleminded people guided by a religion that divides them and drives them to kill in the name of their God. We have Iran, North Korea, hell even Russia is stepping up. Who do we attack next ? I just feel it is wrong to try to give them a life based on our idea of the proper way to live. They live with hate in their hearts and I don't think they will ever have a "live and let live" mentality. I too would be proud to give my life to protect my country an the freedoms we have. With the world the way it is I just feel there are too many places we could be that we shouldn't be. This country has it's own problems that need to be attended to.We have become the nosey neighbor that nobody likes and in my opinion the cost of the disdain we are experiencing from the global community has too high a price. Semper Fi !

Politics aside the oath we take is "to defend the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic". Iraq did not pose a threat to us and isn't the country with the most severe human rights violations. We cannot be World Police and it is shame our proud Service Men and Women are dying for nothing. Afghanistan is a legitimate use of our forces as the Taliban supported Al Queda. Freedom and Democracy will never work in a Muslim country as they are the most intolerant of all religions. I was in Somalia and can tell you that they have been fighting forever (Muslims) and will continue to do so. They are the same religion but fight over who is actually practicing it the right way. WTF ? The true shame of that video is that a young man is missing a leg and when all is said and done it will have been for naught. Just my :blink: Semper Fi !

ill believe that when you show me conclusive proof that alquieda never existed in iraq. any place that sponsores terrorism should be in the crosshairs. and if europe had balls they wouldnt be experiencing the level of terrorism they have had to endure. if isreal wasnt so small they would have rolled them up years ago. state sposnored terroism how come they didnt go after england like this in the 1930s answer : england would have shut it down with brute force thats why !!

force isnt always the answer i agree. but lets face facts. to stop extremist takes extreme measures. history shows this to be true. Japan had to be treated wruethlessly because of there extremist views.

lets not forget a simple fact here. we gave afghanistan and iraq a choice we didnt just roll over there country. how quickly we forget !! neither would capitulate. if we would have done nothing we would have had more terrorism . your writing could be more in tune with a civilized power. not an extremeist power. How hard would it be to for the afgans to turn over the terrorists and save bloodshed. how hard would it have been for sadamm to do the same before we gave him his final ultimatatum and even his final ultimatum he had a choice.

those in power of both countries put the bloodshed on there own heads. do you think that the alquieda camps in iraq are somehow a different breed then the ones in afghanistan ?? this entire bs line of arabs saying we must unite because we have non muslims in our country is bs. its nothing new.

personally, i feel we should be payed back for every dime we spent there in oil. terorrist should be given no where to hide.you think because they tightened airport security that our country isnt vulnerable ?? were a sittting duck on many levels. our biggest protection from this chaos is our army and our reaction to such an attack. so i beleive the course of action was just and correct. and i also believe that our soldiers stopped future attacks on u.s. soil with there actions. so no it wasnt in vain. our soldiers sacrificed for good reason. they should be honored, noticed and held in the highest regard for there actions. 2 towers for 2 countries that is a clear message to terrorists. who, by the way hasnt done anything significant to us for 6 years now.

I'll agree we should invest alot more in our own country, but even we don't have it totally figured out. It's not something were going to see overnight or maybe in our lifetime. But they will be in a better place in the long run. Someone has to try to make the world a better place, and were the only one's that have or even care to try to make a difference. If not for our actions then, the battle were fighting just might be in our own homeland, and as you know, that's something we don't want to happen here. Because until you've done it, you really don't know what it's like. Some people like to think they understand what it's like, but they never will....SF Woody :blink:

I agree with all of the above: you all make great points and here is how i see it and maybe get some responses or corrections to my thinking since you all have been thru alot more then i have. I do get alot of my views from my father who was in the vietnam war so i have some idea of what is going on

1. We have got alot of problems in our own country that are being forgotten about but we jump at the chance to go help someone else and spend all the money needed when i wish we could spend a little in our own country which is so hard to find the funding to build schools but we can send billions in AID to country's who done even respect us, just to be the nice guy. :blink:

2. I agree about going over there and busting a$$ on the terrorist because the way they think and how much they hate us will always keep us in danger, BUT will we ever change there ways of thinking and is it worth it to stay there for 10 years to try and make them understand, keep losing are brothers and sisters in WAR. Those people have been fighting for 100's of years what makes us think we are going to make them stop.

3.I am sure a good amount of people in afgan and iraq wish for freedom and understand that it's hard to achieve that in there country and am glad you guys give little kids and family's a few nights to feel safe but if there own country cant continue to keep them safe should we have to stay there and use all our resources and man power and money to make that happen. I mean these poeple are on a whole other level of HATE and i dont think we are going to change that, I think with all our resources cut so thin we are as vonurable as we ever were and need to come back home and get our own country in line.

Maybe i am not the humanatarian that want's to save the world but i can drive thru my neigherbor and go thru the situations that i have been trhu in my life here in the u.s. and know that this place aint close to be ing paradise..

Family first everyone second!!.. :undecided:

we are in too deep now. if we left now we would be back in 5-10 years. and it would be way worst. things are changing over there in the sand box. women are voting, kids are going to school, they are starting to get the taste of some of the freedoms we have as americans. it will take time. and yes sad to say at will take lives.... on both sides

Wow gang, I didn't mean to start a debate. I just thought it was cool that that young man made a commercial on his thoughts of the candidates!!! :undecided:

Your right his own thoughts, not a bunch of political propaganda. His views and what he thinks, coming from that place with a lost leg, he still feels that way. Like myself and everyone I know that's come home like that, we would all do it again....SF Woody :blink:

I've got alot of my own beliefs about alot of this stuff

but what this kind of conversation really points out is how UN-simple all the answers are.

Not everything is just right and wrong....black and white.

It's most important to be open to other peoples thoughts, and take in to consideration all different view points. and whether you feel the same as somebody else or not you HAVE to respect what other people think. agree or disagree we all love our freedom and and nobody wants war...

all i can do as somebody who has never served and probably never will unless called upon, in which case i would be there in a heartbeat, is hope that we get this thing figured out and do the best i can for my wife and daughter and make sure they have a comfortable life to live.

god bless our freedom of speech and respect for one another.

Im going back in October and I'm proud to do what i do...I 100 percent agree with what we have done because like stated above, it was terrorist safe haven, we "freed" the people and we have to stay until their own gov't can stand for itself. I have no regret for the time I have spent away from my family because someone has to keep my daughter's future safe and i'd rather it be me.

Well, with 20 years of service, and 3 seperate conflicts, I couldn't see things more differently. I think we need to do whatever/whenever we can, because no other country in the world has the balls to step up and at least try to make the world a better place. I've seen 1st hand what we have done so far over there and if I can help at least one little girl/boy to see freedom and live in peace then send me to a hundred other places. Everyone deserves to live the same way... We as a people wont see what has been acomplished over there for many years to come. But we have done something you can believe that. I've lost many friends in combat over the years, it comes with what we do. I'll die one day, I can't think of another way I would want to then for this country or another if they can get what we have. Saddam was like a little kid, with the UN just saying no, he continued.... and just like a little kid that keeps up time and again, eventually you have to bust his a$$.....Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

You make me proud to be an American. :headbang1::headbang1: Your self sacrafice has shown how selfish some of us really are. Thank you Woody!

Thank you MQunlimited,Woody,Cole,Jaegerman, and all the other service members on this site. Anybody that is in or has been in the military knows, Your def not doing it for the pay.

You make me proud to be an American. :headbang1::beercheers: Your self sacrafice has shown how selfish some of us really are. Thank you Woody!

Ditto ^

Capt