Annual Pass Question

I am planning on buying an annual pass but I have read that all passes must have your last name and license plate number. I am buying a new truck in December-January, can I transfer it to the new vehicle, or will I be SOL and have to buy another pass?

Thanks In Advance...

DuneDweller

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am planning on buying an annual pass but I have read that all passes must have your last name and license plate number. I am buying a new truck in December-January, can I transfer it to the new vehicle, or will I be SOL and have to buy another pass?

Thanks In Advance...

DuneDweller

I'm wondering the same thing. Just bought my season pass at JW. I seen on the front that pass is not valided if name and lic or not filled in. In my case, i can either take my mh or my pickup, so don't tell me i'd have to buy two passes. I've bought season passes before and never had to put anything on them. Another thing, say i gave the pass to someone to use for a weekend that i'm not going, can't even be a nice guy and help someone out.

Tell me it aint so

Thanks Capt...

I really doubt the BLM will check for the name and plate number. Since fees were initiated, I've never had BLM or any other official do more than glance in my direction when I passed them at the entrance and they saw my annual pass.

Thanks Capt...

They put my info in magic marker on the anual passs........Use your imagination :D

I don't even think they will check as long as they see it on the mirror or dash while camping. :hello: Shouldn't be an issue!

Edited by SANDAWG

They put my info in magic marker on the anual passs........Use your imagination :D

I don't even think they will check as long as they see it on the mirror or dash while camping. :hello: Shouldn't be an issue!

The only thing I don't like about leaving it hanging on my mirror or laying on my dash, is that I've heard of people smashing windows and taking them. After I pull in and set up camp, I put it under lock and key. May sound silly, but I paid good money for my pass and am not going to give anyone the opportunity to sticky it. :driver:

When I bought my pass from the BLM office in Barstow they wrote my last name on it but no plate number.. :hello:

Has anyone been cited out there for not displaying their pass during the weekend?

I usually by the pass, lay it down on the dash board than when we leave I show it to the ranger on the way out.

My pass Doesnt have any of those on it :hello:

Just bought it and I have loaned it out also with no issues...

Capt

I don't think that is right. We/They need the money to go to many things. If people don't pay then WTF.

The kid across the street has gotten older (17) and now that he and his friends have to do their own shopping, packing, loading, gas etc.... and paying for it themselves including a weekend pass for each car of friends that follows that bunch of hellions out there, now they don't find it as fun as it used to be.

My point is letting people barrow passes just isn't fair and pisses me off. I will eventually trickle down to us honest people that pay their own way.

just my :DDRrocks: rant over!

I don't think that is right. We/They need the money to go to many things. If people don't pay then WTF.

The kid across the street has gotten older (17) and now that he and his friends have to do their own shopping, packing, loading, gas etc.... and paying for it themselves including a weekend pass for each car of friends that follows that bunch of hellions out there, now they don't find it as fun as it used to be.

My point is letting people barrow passes just isn't fair and pisses me off. I will eventually trickle down to us honest people that pay their own way.

are you serious?

why would i not let a buddy of mine borrow my pass for one weekand that i spent good money on...and wont be able to go that weekand?

the pass is paid for to be used...its not cheating anyone....

freakin capitalist. j/k about the last part.

and why wouldn't you want to help out a 17 year old kid who is taking the responsibility of buying everything else? sounds like a pretty decent kid compared to most these days.

are you serious?

why would i not let a buddy of mine borrow my pass for one weekand that i spent good money on...and wont be able to go that weekand?

the pass is paid for to be used...its not cheating anyone....

freakin capitalist. j/k about the last part.

Exactly! if I was making copies of the pass and handing them out, then that is a defferent story and ends up hurting everyone with higher fees. But i bought an annual pass with holidays, if i cant make if sometime I will without second thought let a buddy borrow it.

Is doing that really so differnet then someone going in with a pass, then finding someone else to run the pass back down to let another party in.

IS REALLY SO DIFFERENT?

Sorry kiddo, but that is how I feel, maybe I'm just to honest.

Pay your way or stay way.

Pack it in, Pack it out.

Is doing that really so differnet then someone going in with a pass, then finding someone else to run the pass back down to let another party in.

IS REALLY SO DIFFERENT?

Sorry kiddo, but that is how I feel, maybe I'm just to honest.

Pay your way or stay way.

Pack it in, Pack it out.

dont be sorry kiddo...your entitled.

but if you would have read any of the posts you would have seen that we were talking about giving our passes to a buddy on a weekand that we we'rent able to go....

nobody said anything about running passes.

honesty is not your flaw here.

dont be sorry kiddo...your entitled.

but if you would have read any of the posts you would have seen that we were talking about giving our passes to a buddy on a weekand that we we'rent able to go....nobody said anything about running passes.

honesty is not your flaw here.

I did indeed read your posts and like I said

Is really so different. honestly!

Why does he not just pay the $30.00 and help out with all the things the BLM needs to keep Dumont and other places open.

If he didn't go alone and took just one friend then it would only cost them $15.00 a piece. That is less then a 30 pack of beer.

If they can't afford to pay 15.00 each then maybe they shouldn't go and save their money for more important things.

OK I'll stop now. I just fanning the flame.

Pay your way or Stay a Way

Edited by desertskyz

maybe because we care more about fellow duners then the blm and their fees....not saying they dont help and are'nt neccasary....just saying theres planty of people paying lots of money to be there...it wont kill anybody if someone borrows a very expensive season pass that deserves to be put to good use.

me too

"insert cheesy dune cliche here"

Edited by SandSoulja

just my :whoop: rant over!

Just for the record.... I bought 2 passes with holidays... So fk all ya'll :beercheers::beercheers: ... I feel I have spent enough and any of my friends want to use it they are more than welcome to it if I am not.

If you think thats not a help to there cause then I will assume you have other problems and issues..

Trust me.... I really dont care what others think .... especially when the whole story isnt out there and they jump to conclusions :dayum::hello::DDRrocks:

Capt