Garbage !?$%&*!

Superrp7

What is up with everyone hauling stuff over to comp. (mainly) but becoming more and more everywhere. If you want to have a fire , great do it and then pick up all the garbage from your party. We were out a few weeks ago even early season and I couldn't believe all the crap out there from the night before.

Now, I know it's probably not anyone on this site but what can we all do to help stop it or at least slow it down. It's gotten ridiculous. I can't even imagine what it will look like after this weekend a night or two of big crowds.I would hate to see it get any worse. I don't remember it being so bad 2-3 yrs ago?? Just me or ?? And for that matter throughout the dunes. Hey we've all had something fly out once that's different than piles of junk just tossed aside after a stop. I'm not perfect but sometihng's gotta give. I konw the parking areas are a problem of their own as well but now these one timers want to take their garbage and scatter it everywhere . What the F?????? :mischevious:

Yeah it does suck for sure. Normally a bunch of us from DDR will go to comp sunday morning and pick up the idiots trash they left behind. Sucks we have to do that. But at least some of us appreciate our dunes!!

Always nice to have people fly by saying thanks for picking up trash. :shocked: Stop and help us :mischevious:

I hear ya. Over the past couple seasons a few from our group would go over on the last day of whatever holiday weekend it was and help clean all that chit up. It helped after the fact, but I agree that something should be done. I think this happens because of a couple reasons. People go over there in party mode ("let's go to comp! yeah woo hoo" :mischevious: :shocked: ) and completely forget to bring trash bags to haul their crap back to camp. THEN, they bring over firewood to have a fire and treat it like the big hot fire that burns stuff up easily that they usually have back at camp. Well, that's not the case at comp. It's usually only a few pieces of wood. They just throw their trash in their little fire thinkin it will magically disappear. It doesn't and you end up with a huge pile of trash (ie: beer cans, paper, bottles and glass, etc etc)

People need to think ahead and just be responsible. Take 2 extra seconds to grab some trash bags and throw your chit into them and haul it back to camp! Pack it in, pack it out...remember???

Also, do whatever you can to pick up after these lazy effers. Even if it is a water bottle or beer can laying in the sand. It sucks and I hate doing it, but it shows how much of a true duner you are if you go out of your way to stop and pick something up. You'd be amazed at how many people will start to think about doing the same when they see others doing it.

I know it's a little off topic, but.. I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of dirty, balled up diapers I saw all over Olds in Glamis last weekend! I hope I never see Dumont get that "sh*tty"

I agree, a few years ago there seemed to be less trash. And pieces of garbage on the dunes...

The Blm and The S.O. will be watching anybody in these littered areas.. If they are seen throwing trash down they will be cited. Hopfully they are drunk so they can be taken for Dui and/or Drunk in Public. :mischevious:

If you see someone leave trash let Law Enforcement know. If you have a plate number or can ID the Vehicle they were in and/or their camp they will be cited but you will have to do a citizens cite with that Law Enforcement agent. You will also have to go to court as the soul wittness to that crime.

It sucks because you have to deal with that person in court but if you dont mind spending time in court than thats about the only way I know to deal with those kind of loosers... :flatbiller:

If that does not work for you than ..... :pissed: it get the point to them...

:shocked:

Edited by Dune Family

The Blm and The S.O. will be watching anybody in these littered areas.. If they are seen throwing trash down they will be cited. Hopfully they are drunk so they can be taken for Dui and/or Drunk in Public. :mischevious:

If you see someone leave trash let Law Enforcement know. If you have a plate number or can ID the Vehicle they were in and/or their camp they will be cited but you will have to do a citizens cite with that Law Enforcement agent. You will also have to go to court as the soul wittness to that crime.

It sucks because you have to deal with that person in court but if you dont mind spending time in court than thats about the only way I know to deal with those kind of loosers... :flatbiller:

If that does not work for you than ..... :pissed: it get the point to them...

:shocked:

couldn't said it better myself. i picked up a couple dozen half melted bottles and cans from our fireplace at camp this weekend. theres always a few jackasses out there trying to ruin things for everybody. do what i do..... a couple years ago i saw some people leaving a camp full of trash. i dashed over and told the ranger....no, sheriff and he dragged em back to their camp....gave em three tickets...made em pick it all up. if you camp around me, you better not leave trash....period! a lot of people dont believe in the electric chair, but if i'm elected king we are gonna have electric BLEACHERS for them effers! (can i count on your vote)?

you have my vote, I try and always take more home than what I brought. Over the years I have picked up chairs, easyups, carpet, you name it oh yah even a tv. The one thing that kills me is that it just gives the tree hugging hippies more ammo against us to get our dunes shut down. People just kill me, imagine what ther homes must look like if they camp like this.

Randy i remember that story from yrs back, i know last year me and evil jester and big gunz spent a hr at comp after racing, cleaning and picking up trash. This was my first trip to dumont in a long time and i thought to myself this is crazy, i have to clean enough up from my children, i dont need to clean up after dumb effin adults. Hopefully something will be done and i agree 100% with randy and Pete.

Whenever I see trash anywhere I'm hanging out at the dunes, I ALWAYS make it a point to pick up trash if I see it. It is usually beer cans or parts of beer cans. I pick them up and put them in my cooler so I can take back to my camp to put them in my trash. Since the lazy effers can't do it themselves.

:mischevious: :shocked::pissed:

I've even got my 3 1/2 year old daughter is doing the same thing. :pissed: If a little girl can pick up trash at the dunes, so can the effers that left it there in the first place!!!!! :rant_on: :pissed:

BTW, I'm all for the electric couch thing....... :pissed:

I know it's a little off topic, but.. I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of dirty, balled up diapers I saw all over Olds in Glamis last weekend! I hope I never see Dumont get that "sh*tty"

I agree, a few years ago there seemed to be less trash. And pieces of garbage on the dunes...

you should of told bert to pick his chit up !! :mischevious:

I am not a nice person when I see someone throwing their crap down and leaving it. So what I have a habit of doing is:

Running over and picking it up. Yelling out the jerk, Sir excuse me, but I think you dropped this and I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose it.

Makes them feel like the AZZ they are real fast, them they start sumbling over their words:

Oh! sorry, I don't know how that fell out my........ uuuummmm.

:mischevious: Litter Bugs

Edited by desertskyz