Time to step up and be counted!

ynot

Ok, we are about 10 days from the poker run and we have very few volunteers who are willing to donate a couple of hours to assist with this event. We are not getting any help with tables, chairs and ez ups either.

I know from past experience that 10% of all the members of any organization do all the work while the other 90% just b*tch and moan that things aren't the way they want them to be.

Well now is the time to stand up and be counted. We want this to come off as a great event and we need some help to do it. It will make a great impression on the BLM and Fish and Wildlife conservation plan if we pull this event off and keep it going to educate the dune users. So it could be a key part of keeping YOUR dunes open.Can you not commit 2 or 3 hours to that?

Pete and I and Stacey have already gotten checkpoint sponsers and have the cards, and other things needed for this event. What we are not able to do is do it by ourselves so if you respect this site, the dunes themselves and want the oppurtunity to play there than can I get a show of hands that would be willing to meet at the registration booth at 8:30 AM Sat November 8th for assignments? I need 2 volunteers at each checkpoint for 2 hour shifts. Probably need 4-5 people at registration and finish. so are there 25 people who have what it takes to be a supporter of Dumont or are you one of the 90%'ers? Look inside yourselves for your answer and then please post a reply of your decision for all of us to see who the stand up peeps are going to be.

Thanks for your support.

Terry

I do have a list of several people who have volunteered, and ill post it later, as its at home. And those who offered items such as tables, chairs and ez ups, thank you also. Its greatly appreciated.

We definately need many more volunteers as Terry stated. Please please, we only need a few hours of your time for our dunes! Please feel free to post here or send me a PM if your able to help!!! Ok we have 2 threads going on this, im trying to make sure I dont forget anyone who has volunteered on the other thread.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=9710 (sorry didnt know how to do the clickable link)

Ok heres a list of what I have from people that have PM'd

Dunefreak~~~table

Ynot

Sincity_blondie ~~2 tables

Sanddunesaddict

Wsky70 ~~chairs if needed

Dinicolada

BrianJ

Raptormike ~~ ez up & table

Sand chick

B370 ~~ chairs if needed

Ltr450 ~~ ez up & 2 tables

Isbb ???

Raspadoo ???

Sandemon ???

We still need a couple tables and definately some ez ups or shade tents. So add your name to the list!!!!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

Ok, we are about 10 days from the poker run and we have very few volunteers who are willing to donate a couple of hours to assist with this event. We are not getting any help with tables, chairs and ez ups either.

I know from past experience that 10% of all the members of any organization do all the work while the other 90% just b*tch and moan that things aren't the way they want them to be.

Well now is the time to stand up and be counted. We want this to come off as a great event and we need some help to do it. It will make a great impression on the BLM and Fish and Wildlife conservation plan if we pull this event off and keep it going to educate the dune users. So it could be a key part of keeping YOUR dunes open.Can you not commit 2 or 3 hours to that?

Pete and I and Stacey have already gotten checkpoint sponsers and have the cards, and other things needed for this event. What we are not able to do is do it by ourselves so if you respect this site, the dunes themselves and want the oppurtunity to play there than can I get a show of hands that would be willing to meet at the registration booth at 8:30 AM Sat November 8th for assignments? I need 2 volunteers at each checkpoint for 2 hour shifts. Probably need 4-5 people at registration and finish. so are there 25 people who have what it takes to be a supporter of Dumont or are you one of the 90%'ers? Look inside yourselves for your answer and then please post a reply of your decision for all of us to see who the stand up peeps are going to be.

Thanks for your support.

Terry

guilt trip?

not to stir anything up...but wouldn't it be better to make sure you have all of your help in place BEFORE you plan a huge event like this...instead of scrambling at the last minute and asking peeps to "look inside themselves" to bail you out?

sign me up.

guilt trip?

not to stir anything up...but wouldn't it be better to make sure you have all of your help in place BEFORE you plan a huge event like this...instead of scrambling at the last minute and asking peeps to "look inside themselves" to bail you out?

sign me up.

We didnt wait till the last minute to find people. We have been pushing for a while looking for help. And normally we dont recruit people prior to scheduling an event. Usually we dont have a problem getting enough people to step up. We just need a few more people than we normally do to run cleanup. And yes, if a guilt trip works, we will use it!!! Thank you for stepping up to help! We appreciate it! :rockwoot:

Oh yeah, also this is the 1st poker run, we are working out the kinks!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

I'll have the sound system as well, try to dig up a table. I can sit out at a check point the entire time, no big deal there, just passing out cards and drinking some type of cold refreashment, take the truck out with a cooler and a chair, hopefully be to busy to sit down though....SF Woody :rockwoot:

apparently sincity cant read very well...

I have posted in a few diffrent threads that i would be there to man a checkpoint. and help wherever needed.. even if im draggin the samurai out there to dune in front wheel drive again :D

I'm pretty sure Tim (OGP) and Bert (sanddunesaddict) volunteered as well. Bert planned on manning a checkpoint most or all of the time if I remember correctly. Might want to check with him though.

I'm sure I'll be 7 places at a time that day. :rockwoot:

I'm pretty sure Tim (OGP) and Bert (sanddunesaddict) volunteered as well. Bert planned on manning a checkpoint most or all of the time if I remember correctly. Might want to check with him though.

I'm sure I'll be 7 places at a time that day. :lol:

Berts name is on the list. I already got reemed for that one from him! :blah: And hadnt heard from OGP, so didnt add him. I can add him now though if you have heard from him about it! :rockwoot:

And ISBB, Im always hesitant to add your name, not sure if you will show! :think: Thats why you have a ??? :moon:

We don't know if we're going to the event yet. We were lucky that Blue Steel got Halloween off, so it's up in the air if he get the day of the Poker Run off. If he does, it'll just be a day trip for us!

:rhino:

guilt trip?

sign me up.

Unfortuntly it may be the only way to get people to step up. We did plan on having bodies to cover as it appeared we had a lot of excitement from the announcement but haven't seen the commitment we were hoping for. I appreciate you standing up and helping and if you think I was harsh I apoligize but you have to do what you have to do to make things happen.

Terry

I will be there on Friday afternoon and can bring 2 tables as well as white paper to cover them so you can write on them. I do not have an ez-up. I also have extra clipboards. If I can help out with anything else I will. :laughing::laughing:

Guest Crasher

Me and Capt still don't know if were going and i don't like to make promises I can't keep however if we do come out I'm sure we could donate a couple hours to the cause :)

DITTO. :laughing: If we do make it out, we'll help out where ever they need us, but can't make any promises yet folks. :laughing: