HOW FAST IS FAST?

OGP

Thanksgiving weekend before I packed up on sunday, I went over to comp hill with a passenger and a GPS. The first run I made at the hill, I was back a bit. I hit 4th gear and pulled 83mph on gps. I made a few passes like it was a race,Starting right at the bottom and pulled 73 MPH about 5 times. I could not break the 75 MPH mark I was shooting for without a little run. I know my car runs pretty well and beats most cars I have raced. Randog is always there to put me in my Place!!! :driver: Im wondering what MOST OTHER FAST CARS ARE RUNNING UP THE HILL FOR mph? :mischevious: Anyone else GPS there cars up the hill?

The sand pig I drive hits bout 57. If I ever get it running right i think I'll be hitting 75. :mischevious:

from stopped at the bottom, I can hit 2nd. But when I grab 3rd it just holds my speed where I shifted at.

I think I'll get a little more umff once I get it dailed in(once I shell out the bucks to have it done right)

My car reads about 120+ on the speedo. No really it does. Did I mention my speedo is off quite a bit because of the sprocket and trie size compared to a Busa street bike? Yeah it is. :mischevious:

I think my car goes about Mutha Bitchezz. :fro: :argue: It's fast enough. :fro:

I am guestimating about 65-ish though if Tim's car is 75. He gets me by about 4-5 cars every time. We won't even talk about Randog's damn rocket ship car. :idea: :argue: :fro:

We need to bring the radar gun out next trip, Tim. You said you have one right? :driver:

with my old 454 small block i pulled comp an the top of third gear dead stop launching in 2nd ,this new motor dead stop i launch in second grab third and at the 3/4 mark i run outs gear have to grab 4th and its still trying to pull the front up . :mischevious:

( i probAbly should grab 4th a lil past the 1/2 mark)

but i am going to buy a couple of pulleys and start turning it down

Edited by barefoot bob

I was riding in Dunefreaks car and I about crapped myself speedo said 140 :laughing::beercheers::drinkbeer:

ya i was thinking the same thing :dunno:

oh come on you two!! 140 MPH??? My car feels fast, but 140 mph??? COME ON!!! You can't tell the difference?? I hope you can. :slap::slap::laughoff: :fro:

Thanksgiving weekend before I packed up on sunday, I went over to comp hill with a passenger and a GPS. The first run I made at the hill, I was back a bit. I hit 4th gear and pulled 83mph on gps. I made a few passes like it was a race,Starting right at the bottom and pulled 73 MPH about 5 times. I could not break the 75 MPH mark I was shooting for without a little run. I know my car runs pretty well and beats most cars I have raced. Randog is always there to put me in my Place!!! :dance: Im wondering what MOST OTHER FAST CARS ARE RUNNING UP THE HILL FOR mph? :driver: Anyone else GPS there cars up the hill?

Hey Tim, I never GPS'd up the hill, However, a couple years ago, I did smoke a twin turbo LS6 700hp, as my dumb Mutha BitchAzzz :redhat: did 131 down Glamis drags on GPS. :shake: not a good idea :idea: 4th Gear wide open pegged on the rev limiter. Cranking the wheel left to right to keep the rear of the car behind me. :ahhhhh: :shake::shake::shake:

Didn't you guys have one out there for the first kickoff weekend :dunno:

My car reads about 120+ on the speedo. No really it does. Did I mention my speedo is off quite a bit because of the sprocket and trie size compared to a Busa street bike? Yeah it is. :laughoff:

I think my car goes about Mutha Bitchezz. :dance: :laughoff: It's fast enough. :dunno:

I am guestimating about 65-ish though if Tim's car is 75. He gets me by about 4-5 cars every time. We won't even talk about Randog's damn rocket ship car. :pissed::dunno::finger:

We need to bring the radar gun out next trip, Tim. You said you have one right? :pissed:

:laughoff::laughoff: Perfect speed Pete. :dance: :driver: Oh yeah :thumb:

with my old 454 small block i pulled comp an the top of third gear dead stop launching in 2nd ,this new motor dead stop i launch in second grab third and at the 3/4 mark i run outs gear have to grab 4th and its still trying to pull the front up . :ahhhhh:

( i probAbly should grab 4th a lil past the 1/2 mark)

but i am going to buy a couple of pulleys and start turning it down

Sounds tuned just right. Don't tune down. :no_no:

Just run without a shoe on your right foot Bob. :laughoff:

If any of you are out there from dec 26 to the 31st. We can shoot you on the radar if you want to check your top speed up the hill.

Damn, I'm not going out there that weekend :blury: .

I would run the hill all night to get radar readings,

Might do it anyways. :driver:

Can you bring the gun out other weekends after? :dunno:

My car reads about 120+ on the speedo. No really it does. Did I mention my speedo is off quite a bit because of the sprocket and trie size compared to a Busa street bike? Yeah it is. :dance:

I think my car goes about Mutha Bitchezz. :dance: :laughoff: It's fast enough. :dunno:

I am guestimating about 65-ish though if Tim's car is 75. He gets me by about 4-5 cars every time. We won't even talk about Randog's damn rocket ship car. :banghead::banghead::finger:

We need to bring the radar gun out next trip, Tim. You said you have one right? :headbang1:

Yes I have a radar gun and I will throw it in the toyhauler so whenever we want to take it to the hill and play. Ill have it.

If memory serves me right GPS with enough sattellites doin the reception thing will track altitude as well and i believe it has a algorithm built into the gps to figure out speed traveling vertical as well. Dont quote me though... But im pretty sure it can.. Thats why you need 3+ sattelites connected to get a decent reading..