off road stickers

sandawg

Picked up 2 yesterday for 2009, :black: :MBdance::lol: 35 bucks each?????

Where did you get these from? I believe its only supposed to be 30 this year and not 35 at least according to california parks and recreation page.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/

And here on their vendor list

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/2...rmitvendors.pdf

Maybe dunefreak can get some clarification from blm.. I sure hope no one is trying to take advantage of the system AGAIN!!

Where did you get these from? I believe its only supposed to be 30 this year and not 35 at least according to california parks and recreation page.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/

And here on their vendor list

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/2...rmitvendors.pdf

Maybe dunefreak can get some clarification from blm.. I sure hope no one is trying to take advantage of the system AGAIN!!

Just called Nevada Off Road, they are charging an extra 5 bucks for the stickers. A service fee I guess. I now rethink who I trade with. Been bying stuff there for 15+ years. Butches is my favorite vendor in town but occationally I try to give N.O.R some of my business. No more! :DDRrocks:

jim bought a 09 $30 + $2 vender fee from doghouse he showed us the permit book it said $30 on it.

ahh the 09's must be more then. :ninja:

The ones I bought from Proshop were 08's- that's why they were only 20 bucks.

See? I catch on real quick sometimes... :grin::lol: It's been a lonnnng azz day. worked for 4 hours after work on these damn ddr stickers. :grin::DDRrocks:

They are still only 20 bucks at Proshop on Lake Mead. Whoever is charging more than 20 is making that much profit on them. They are still suppossed to be only 20.

just there today, they are $30 now. calif websites say they are $30 bucks everywhere.

California off-road green stickers are a rip off!!

We have 5 Quads and 3 dirt bikes.. 2 quads do not have green stickers. "The kids out grow them to fast."

At $50.00 dollars per 2 years, Thats $150.00 a year I pay to go off-road a couple of times a year..

I think that this state is going to be in real trouble if they keep jacking the fees up any more.. People can not afford to pay these ridiculous fees any more...

:beercheers:

Edited by Dune Family

jim bought a 09 $30 + $2 vender fee from doghouse he showed us the permit book it said $30 on it.

Thanks for explaining that I show people the book to demonstrate the new cost of $30 is legit. As a vendor operating 'out of store' when I am at Dumont, I am allowed to charge a minimal extra charge, so I charge $2.

So everyone knows, here's what happens to vendors selling the stickers:

California OHV sends the stickers to us free.

We have to sign for them and when each book is empty, send the OHV the money for all 20 sold. At the OHV's direction, we must send back the unsold stickers, such as at the end of the year.

This year I had the misfortune of having to send back several thousand dollars worth of those stickers. It's misfortune because if you don't send them back insured for full value and they get lost, I would have to pay out of my pocket for every last one.

I spent more insuring the damn things then I made from selling the ones I sold!

Dang it.

Then, after I had sent them all back and the OHV had cashed my check for the ones I paid for, they sent me a bill for ALL OF THE UNSOLD ONES I had sent back.

Fortunately I had insured them and could prove I sent them back. The bill was then wiped clean.

Best damn money I EVER spent!

So now you know: it's a b*tch selling those stickers and all the vendors should make more than we do selling them.

Phil

Thanks for explaining that I show people the book to demonstrate the new cost of $30 is legit. As a vendor operating 'out of store' when I am at Dumont, I am allowed to charge a minimal extra charge, so I charge $2.

So everyone knows, here's what happens to vendors selling the stickers:

California OHV sends the stickers to us free.

We have to sign for them and when each book is empty, send the OHV the money for all 20 sold. At the OHV's direction, we must send back the unsold stickers, such as at the end of the year.

This year I had the misfortune of having to send back several thousand dollars worth of those stickers. It's misfortune because if you don't send them back insured for full value and they get lost, I would have to pay out of my pocket for every last one.

I spent more insuring the damn things then I made from selling the ones I sold!

Dang it.

Then, after I had sent them all back and the OHV had cashed my check for the ones I paid for, they sent me a bill for ALL OF THE UNSOLD ONES I had sent back.

Fortunately I had insured them and could prove I sent them back. The bill was then wiped clean.

Best damn money I EVER spent!

So now you know: it's a b*tch selling those stickers and all the vendors should make more than we do selling them.

Phil

Thanks Doghouse for making this solid point ! I am forever going to the Prussia.com site. Eighty five years on your ride for a dollar and twenty five cents. Register your testicles ! :dunno:

WTF?? :?: :blury:

are you drunk? high? :laughoff::beercheers::think:

Drunk ! On an empty stomach. Cooking for 14 people for tonights dinner(13th). Stuffed Chicken Parmesan, pasta and bread. I should have a blow tube that prohibits me from posting when I drink but so far this kick azz website has no breathylizer so at times I am all alone in this vast cyberworld.

Edited by dunefreak