Last Weekend!

TheAlaskan

Our group will be heading out tomorrow for the weekend! Anyone else planning a trip? Not sure where we'll be, somewhere around the first two fingers though. Should be at least 3 trucks, and a pop out camper.

Her's my truck

post-3400-1228441950_thumb.jpg

and Quad

post-3400-1228442119_thumb.jpg

If you see us say Hi.

Edited by TheAlaskan

Great weekend out there!! Rolled into camp at around 11:30 pm camp was allready set up. Got the fire going, had some drinks and listened to some good music.

Sat am was a little breezy but died down by 8:30/9:00. Went on some great rides all day, found a little jump behind comp and were hitting that. :slap: I ended up doing some front flips off of it, cause thats how I roll :laughoff: . Comp on saturday was quiet. We were the only ones there for a while then a group of about 6 yamahas showed up and we had some GREAT races, met some guy named Steve with one hell of a fast Raptor 700.

Ran out of beer and firewood on saturday night so decided to call it quits around 11 or so, just plain ol' poor planning on our part.

Sunday was great! Great rides, Great times. Got a nice show by three sandrails racing and wheeling up comp. The whole weekend was relaxing and perfect. Got some good pictures between the 5 of us, but only have mine right now...Battery is dead on camera, will post them up in a bit.

Saw a couple of Rails out there being followed around by a helicopter....not sure what they were filming for but it looks like they were getting some good footage

Edited by TheAlaskan

Pics from my camera

sending a letter to Santa

post-3400-1228711252_thumb.jpg

This is the back of one, and the front of the other rail that were being filmed out there :beercheers::lol:

post-3400-1228710888_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711338_thumb.jpg

This ends badly :beercheers:

post-3400-1228711390_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711416_thumb.jpg

Our jumps make Richard Cheese' roost look good :laughoff:

post-3400-1228711468_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711508_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711606_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711660_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711691_thumb.jpg

Taking in the beauty of a quiet day at Dumont

post-3400-1228711770_thumb.jpg

Saturdays sunset

post-3400-1228711862_thumb.jpg

The group taking a break

post-3400-1228711903_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228711950_thumb.jpg

Fun at camp :drunk::slap:

post-3400-1228711981_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712009_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712079_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712103_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712170_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712347_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228712415_thumb.jpg

Throwing some fire on the fire

post-3400-1228712478_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1228714335_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheAlaskan

The sand was pretty dry. It was pretty chopped up and rough on sunday, but thats too be expected at the end of the weekend no matter how busy it is out there :slap: Those whoops on the way to Comp are getting DEEP.....I didnt think I was gonna make it out of a few of them :beercheers::laughoff:

I got there around 10am on sunday and from the first second my bike was a POS, first spin out it wouldnt open up for sh*t so I took the drain bolt out of the carb to look for sh*t and found the main jet had fallen out :argue:

2 min fix and its all good rite? Wrong.

I took her out again and it was friggin flying, juice working great! I go back to camp for a quick check before going on a proper ride a see gas ALL OVER my motor, the line from the fuel solenoid has sprung a leak and every thime I hit the juice its just coating everything, so I figure Ill just not use the nitrous and all will be good WRONG

I got on a 20 min ride with the wife and charity about half way to the north pole the wifey rolls her quad a good 5-6 time all the way down a decent sized dune, luckily she got off the bike before it rolled so we head back, as im going into the superbowl the bike stutters and starts to die I get out and down towards camp with the bike sputtering the whole time about 20 ft from camp it dies, I figure its out of gas... nope

No coolant :drunk: The f*cker has yet again blown the headgasket :lol: By now I just wanna burn it.

So I spent all day rolling around in the b*tch seat of ritchis (50 cal) rail :laughoff::slap:

The wifey got her first spin in a long travel and absolutely SHAT herself the whole time, Ive never heard anyone scream so loud for so long!!!!!! She was on the verge of crying but still din't want to go back to camp :grin::beercheers::beercheers:

All in all a bitchin day at the dunes :driver:

Ian,

Those are some great pics!! The "Carnage" looked sick from behind. :offtopic: I was glad to see both you and the bike got back up to take the jump again! That's how you do it!

FYI everyone, Ian blew the bead on his front left tire after the spill. He didn't even air it up for the night time drags at Comp. TheAlaskan was smokin' everyone with only three inflated tires!!!

New rules for future trips:

1. Bring more firewood

and

2. Bring a bottle of "The Good Stuff"

Here's a link to my photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008...p;id=1451829295

Can't wait til the next ride!

Later,

Marsh

Edited by Shake and Bake Motorsports

Ian,

Those are some great pics!! The "Carnage" looked sick from behind. :finger: I was glad to see both you and the bike got back up to take the jump again! That's how you do it!

FYI everyone, Ian blew the bead on his front left tire after the spill. He didn't even air it up for the night time drags at Comp. TheAlaskan was smokin' everyone with only three inflated tires!!!

New rules for future trips:

1. Bring more firewood

and

2. Bring a bottle of "The Good Stuff"

Here's a link to my photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008...p;id=1451829295

Can't wait til the next ride!

Later,

Marsh

Cool sounds like fun times for sure ! :offtopic:

But i'd smoke the alaskan up comp with my rhino anyday ! :rhino:

:laughoff:

Everyone who is going out this weekend, there is going to be a meteor shower. Saturday night or Early Sunday morning should be a good showing. To see it look south and up.

This thread was for this last weekend SkyZ.....fixed the headline for ya ;) .....There is another thread about this weekend coming up that you might want to put that info up on, that would be way cool to see out there! :offtopic:

We hung out a comp for awhile drinking beer and filming wheelies, heres on of the best ones....

We were sitting down at the bottom watching you three race up Comp....You guys showed up, took over comp, put on a little show and took off.....It was bada$$! :offtopic: Those were some sweet rails