Plastic welder

wingnut

This might help some. <<<<<<< Look, I spelt all the words right. :D

http://forum.doityourself.com/welding-meta...ic-welding.html

Thanks Skyz

pretty much just melting plastic rods with a heat gun/soldering iron over a gap/2 pieces of plastic you want to put together/close up

problems with your tanks wingy???

Yeah bud. There is a slip fitting in the front fresh tank where the pvc pipe goes in. The fitting has a crack. I've had no luck with plumbers goop or JB plumber putty. :beat:

Just curious if anyone has a plastic welder? Are they pretty simple to use? Pro's/con's?

the adhesives these days are so good i quit messing with plastic welding long ago. 3M makes this stuff called superfast adhesive. i forget the part number but it works on alot of plastics. i used it on a quad fender on the backside with some fiberglass tape and its held for a couple of years. :D

the adhesives these days are so good i quit messing with plastic welding long ago. 3M makes this stuff called superfast adhesive. i forget the part number but it works on alot of plastics.

ditto! That stuff fuggin rocks. :laughoff:

Craig let me know if you want the part number. We have it at work so I can look.

ditto! That stuff fuggin rocks. :laughoff:

Craig let me know if you want the part number. We have it at work so I can look.

Thanks guys. The problem I had was no prep work and cold weather. It happened originally at Coral last Memorial day. All I had was plumbers goop and 30 degree temps. I took all the Jerry rigging crap off yesterday. I'm not going with the plastic welder now, I think the fitting is to thin. My brother inlaw gave me some stuff, epoxy based, which I've read good things on. Here's hoping.

post-184-1231594097_thumb.jpg

Just hope the dumont entrance road don't shake it apart :blink:

I was thinking about that. Now that it has cured, the tank will fall out before that joint breaks again!!!!!!

Edited by wingnut