MLK Wknd Report

wsky70

Didn't get to go this weekend, but Pete sent me a couple pics today. Thought I would post them up and start a report thread. Sand sure looks nice and smooth, really wish I coulda went. Be out Pres weekend for sure...SF Woody :beercheers:

01170909531.jpg

01170909501.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me,Danny and my brother in Law rolled in early saturday morning and went on a 2hr ride on sweet smooth sand.That was the smoothest sand we have seen personally all season.It was a really fun day and the weather was perfect.Anyone who skipped MLK missed out on a good one.It was great seeing everyone again.I wish we could have stayed longer but it was still alot of fun.Dannys side by side is awesome.He was airing that thing out.He made me get in with him to jump it and I screamed like a woman.It scared the *HIT out of me :ah: :ah: .The Raptor ran like a champ and is the best machine ive ever ridden.That thing dunes like a dream and runs ok too. :D I dont miss the drag bike one bit.I cant wait for the next trip.Thanks for hookin danny up with the gas pete :beercheers: ,that was awesome.We had no idea we were going to run the wheels off our stuff all day.Here are a couple pics of the Craptor and Danny jumping :laughoff:

DumontMLK2009006.jpg

DumontMLK2009007.jpg

DumontMLK2009009.jpg

[DumontMLK2009003.jpg

DumontMLK2009010.jpg

DumontMLK2009008.jpg

DumontMLK2009005.jpg

post-16-1232295338_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sand_YFZ

i made it out about 10:30 friday night. wasnt going to go, but decided after work to pack up and head out. smooth dunes got a few good rides and one chasing the RAIL TRAIN :rockwoot::randog: today back from the north pole. this weekend was a perfect short trip.

post-978-1232335466_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335527_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335575_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335645_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335713_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335767_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335799_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335859_thumb.jpg

post-978-1232335974_thumb.jpg

I couldn't have asked for a much more PERFECT weekend. Holy sh*t...awesome weather, no crowds, smooth dunes, great people, and so many bitchen dune runs I can't even remember how many runs did. :rockwoot: Nothing broke and the car did amazing. :DDRrocks: We didn't leave until about 7PM last night. It was one of those weekends that you just didn't want to end. Crusty, LouB and a few others are still out there and are leaving today.

We took a couple hundred pics and I have a ton of stuff to report about. :DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

Will post more up later. :DDRrocks:

Observations:

1.With friends like Jill and Vegasstyle, a monkie eats very well. Thanks you guys!

2. Shoe-sniffer!!

3. Pete is a very cordial host as he's passing out: "Eat a bag of dicks!" and "Give 'em some coffee cake!"

4. Perfect camp and perfect weekend (except for the shoe sniffing).

5. Fro wigs can help you fly, I should have tried jumping off the finger dune...

6. Steve can tie one hell of a noose.

7. Made some new pals and got a FU flag, now I just need a Your Mom flag to put under it.

8. EVERYONE at Dumont went on the S to N pole ride on Sat.

9. Lou IS trying to kill himself

10. Greg: Your mom, not Randys or Chris's

Those who didn't make it missed perfect weather. Light wind and perfect riding conditions. I talked to a few who extended their stay a day.

The high Saturday was 81 in my trailer. You don't get better January weather than that.

The week end crowd was off considerable from last MLK weekend. I talked to a ranger and he said they are considering dropping MLK and Easter from the list of regular events.

What an awesome weekend. :DDRrocks:

We had a killer camp, 11 cars. :shocked: and some change.

We had some EPIC rides foe schizzz.

:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::mc::mc:

Get the point? :DDRrocks: It was Awesome.

The dunes on Friday were some of the best ever. Great all weekend though.

Ohh! Speaking of take full advantage......

Pete and Anna ...... :black: :B You guys get the most out of MLK.

:DDRrocks::DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

We :driver: our arses off all day, and :DDRrocks::DDRrocks: ALL night.

I feel like a Zombie today :dayum: . Can't quit thinkin' bout' our trip. :yiah::yiah:

Thanks to everyone who made it all happen.

:rockwoot:

:MBdance:

R-

We had a GREAT time at Dumont on MLK weekend!!! It was our first time at Dumont and we absolutely loved it!! The fast rides were great. Our camp was a blast... Shout out to Randog, Pete and Lou for leading some Hallin a$$ dune rides. Can't wait til the next trip... WAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a GREAT time at Dumont on MLK weekend!!! It was our first time at Dumont and we absolutely loved it!! The fast rides were great. Our camp was a blast... Shout out to Randog, Pete and Lou for leading some Hallin a$$ dune rides. Can't wait til the next trip... WAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah Eric. It was great kickin it with you and Karen. :rockwoot: Those rides were some of the best ever. :DDRrocks:

Glad to see you sign up bud. :DDRrocks: Now get Karen on here too. :DDRrocks: :DDRrocks:

Last weekend was one of the best out at the D by Far!!!

Huge thanks to Pete and Anna for letting me crash in there trailer for at least some of the night, LOL

Those rides were EPIC, I loved how the nice and easy pace was 4th and 5th gear pinned :DDRrocks: I think damn near everyone out there was on the S to N pole run. And Pete lead another good Qwad run Sun. morning to the north pole

It was good to meet pete and steve and steve and everyone else.

It's amazing how many "adults" can be entertained by a vitamin water bottle and some rocks :rockwoot::DDRrocks:

and then there was the cardboard sled........ :DDRrocks:

Pics to come

thanks for leadin' the train after the meet n greet pete. it was fun,(gotta fix that clutch one o these days) and definitely included at least one member from every campsite at the dunes. anybody know the guy got heilcoptered out sun nite? he had some cuts around his hip and they had taped his arm to immobilize it. looked like a lotta pain. looked like he came off a dune at the south end and made a "close inspection of local ground conditions". hope he's alright. monday ride was great too. wind came up for a few minutes, but died right back down. left early and hiked to the mines from salt creek bathroom. never knew there was such a great place to relax there in the trees with picnic benches and all. lots of history back there on the interpritive trail.

great pics guys! :rockwoot: I'm still getting mine uploaded from the camera. I've been busy since I got home so I will post them up soon.

I have been in such a good mood since getting back from D last weekend. I was in much need of a weekend like that. I can't thank everyone enough for all the good times. 4 days and 3 nights of nothing but the best damn dune weekend of the season so far for sure. :DDRrocks: Gonna be hard to top this one for a while! There are so many things to cover I don't even know where to begin. :DDRrocks: