70cc regatta-get together at Dumont

dunefreak

we should be there around 1pm friday and our son is asking if there is any kids his age in camp (turns 17 on the 6th) i didnt have any luck digging up a 70 for him to play (hes bummed) we will be heading back home first thing mon morn.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be arriving late friday, as quick as i can get out of work and ready to head out...Arriving with my buddy in a white duramax lift (only one of those around too!) and lil ole toyhauler in tow. I an round up a bunch of mini cones, should have 20-30.

I will be out there about 6 with my truck, toy box and kids in toe, I have a new roll of orange plastic fence couple of shovels and a few cones see you all :B there :atc:

at 6 which day?

will be day tripping saturday

Steve you are welcome to stay w/ us if you wanna make it a longer trip. ;)

ok somewhat change plans with the tenative schedule. Instead of doing the pulled pork & tri-tip for dinner time, Al is going to be cooking that for lunch then doing maybe some ribs later on around dinnertime.

SO...

Friday

(all day)

Track setup

practice runs

test & tune

dune

drink beer

Saturday

morning & day time

-in-camp race track event, timed laps or group race to see who is the "track dominator"

-lunch by Smokin Al's BBQ (~1PM) BBQ pulled pork & tri-tip sandwiches

-after lunch...a quick 70cc group run to vendors row for a photo op

-back to camp for the 70 drag races to see who is the fastest 70 drag racer

-wheelie contest

evening/after party

-some more BBQ from Smokin Als

-cake, festivities, and contest/ vote for most unique, cleanest, and ugliest 70

-winner announcements & trophy awards (only for the Honda 70's)

-"track dominator"

-"longest wheelie"

-"fastest drag racer"

-"most unique 70"

-"cleanest 70"

-"ugliest 70"

-open track: the free for all nighttime track races & ATC jousting. :isbb:

The reason there is any kind of schedule is becasue I have trophies for the winners for each of these events. :atc: :DDRrocks::MBdance:

I'm guessing we'll get started about 9 or 10 Sat AM at the latest.

at 6 which day?

Steve you are welcome to stay w/ us if you wanna make it a longer trip. ;)

thanks man but i only have saturday free. picked up another job starting sunday morning and i have my dad in town tell saturday morning. i will have my quad in back but have a extra seat if anyone wants to come hang out and watch the fun for the day.

thanks man but i only have saturday free. picked up another job starting sunday morning and i have my dad in town tell saturday morning. i will have my quad in back but have a extra seat if anyone wants to come hang out and watch the fun for the day.

ok cool, no prob mang.

I'm hella stoked. The 70's, the rail, the truck, the hauler...all cleaned up and ready yo! YIAH :DDRrocks:

I might bail outta work early tomorrow and get out there early. We'll see. It would be nice to get a jump start on setting up so I have even more dune time. :MBdance:

Pete, since I'm sailing solo and sleeping in my truck, you mind if I just park somewhere in the vicinity of the event/camp? I wouldn't want to intrude on someones deal and just for the most part invite myself. That's not how I roll.

Pete, since I'm sailing solo and sleeping in my truck, you mind if I just park somewhere in the vicinity of the event/camp? I wouldn't want to intrude on someones deal and just for the most part invite myself. That's not how I roll.

Mike it is all one huge camp, just pull up and camp, it is going to be one huge circle

:headbang1: :atc: :headbang1: :atc: :headbang1: :atc: :headbang1: :atc: :MBdance: :atc: :clap: :atc:

Mike, part of the reason we are having this regatta is to get everyone from DDR together. Like mineurbiz said- it's one big camp bud! :headbang1: Just pull up and park mang. :headbang1:

:headbang1::headbang1: Oh Hellzzzz YIAH! :MBdance::clap:

Schedule sounds Awesome Pete. :clap:

:atc: :atc: :atc: :atc:

:MBdance:

cool cool, let's hope we can at least make it work and half azz stick to it :beerpint::laughing:

Mike it is all one huge camp, just pull up and camp, it is going to be one huge circle

:70: :atc: :70: :atc: :70: :atc: :70: :atc: :70: :atc: :70: :atc:

:rockwoot: you know it

toys are ready! ape hangers, dual exhaust, blacked out the wheels, cut the bad parts off of the plastics( not much left now...haha) threw some pegs on and the 70 is ready to roll, yeehaw.....just got a text from isbb and it said his bike is "going riiiiiiinga ding ding ding ding ding again"....so i guess that means something possitive :headbang1:

Mike, part of the reason we are having this regatta is to get everyone from DDR together. Like mineurbiz said- it's one big camp bud! :headbang1: Just pull up and park mang. :headbang1:

cool cool, let's hope we can at least make it work and half azz stick to it :rockwoot::clap:

:headbang1: you know it

Oh ok, I'll do that. :headbang1: I'll see-ya Friday afternoon then............... :laughing::beerpint::MBdance:

Off work & loading up right now! :headbang1:

Trav called me this morning and he was on his way over to the spot to set up. The Nascar guys headed back to Vegas already. It's time for some :atc: action ma fackas! :headbang1:

YOU SUCK!!!! actually I am just jealous and wish I was going today.

iam heading out friday night after i get off work @ 8 or 9, so i should be there by 10 or 11...iam bringing extra parts for peeps and have some stuff that i could sell some peeps. ill be bringing the barrels for barrel racing and a skid to smooth out the drag track, just need a volunteer to drag it behind their rhino or utility quad.