SCORE Terribles Cup Tailgate Party

pjcnlv

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, this topic grew legs!

I have been out on vacation and then swamped at the salt mine.

Here's the scoop.

There was RV parking within easy walking distance of the midway and stands last year. We parked there and there were just a few other people that stayed overnight. The fee was $100 for the whole weekend.

A lot of people simply came in for the day with their rigs and tailgated in the general parking lot by the stands.

This year, I am supposed to have parking in the RV area that is part of the pits. The RV's and race trailers and race vehicles are supposed to be separate. this sounds like a hassle. If the LVMS rent-a-cops hassle me or my friends we are heading to the general RV parking area in short order.

I will call Eric at LVMS tomorrow for the RV parking 411 for 2006 and will post same.

Friday, I am shooting (photog) the race for Dirt Sports and Off-Road.com. I'll be out and about with my safety lens on to keep me far away from the race vehicles. After the race, we will partkae in a good quantity of ICAB's whils't twisting the bench racing throttle hard.

We will be cooking up a feast of smoked Baby Back Ribs and Corn on the cob Saturday afternoon. Stop on by and say hello. You will need a pit pass if we park in the special, high-zoot pit area. If not, you'll just need some donor beer in exchange for the BBR's.

See you all there.

Damn, this topic grew legs!

I have been out on vacation and then swamped at the salt mine.

Here's the scoop.

There was RV parking within easy walking distance of the midway and stands last year. We parked there and there were just a few other people that stayed overnight. The fee was $100 for the whole weekend.

A lot of people simply came in for the day with their rigs and tailgated in the general parking lot by the stands.

This year, I am supposed to have parking in the RV area that is part of the pits. The RV's and race trailers and race vehicles are supposed to be separate. this sounds like a hassle. If the LVMS rent-a-cops hassle me or my friends we are heading to the general RV parking area in short order.

I will call Eric at LVMS tomorrow for the RV parking 411 for 2006 and will post same.

Friday, I am shooting (photog) the race for Dirt Sports and Off-Road.com. I'll be out and about with my safety lens on to keep me far away from the race vehicles. After the race, we will partkae in a good quantity of ICAB's whils't twisting the bench racing throttle hard.

We will be cooking up a feast of smoked Baby Back Ribs and Corn on the cob Saturday afternoon. Stop on by and say hello. You will need a pit pass if we park in the special, high-zoot pit area. If not, you'll just need some donor beer in exchange for the BBR's.

See you all there.

Let us know for sure when you find out about the RV parking. I'd like to pull into RV parking in the pits, but an extra $100 doesn't fit into the budget this week. If anything I'll just pull in the parking lot w/ the hauler and do some cheap tailgating there. Either way, we'll definitley have to throw a few back :rockon: together! :D:beercheers::beercheers:

Okay, I talked to the LVMS folks. The offical, overnight RV parking for the weekend is $99. The area is within easy walking distance of the midway and stands and is due west of the Pit area. You can pull in after hours and pay the next day as well.

Okay, I talked to the LVMS folks. The offical, overnight RV parking for the weekend is $99. The area is within easy walking distance of the midway and stands and is due west of the Pit area. You can pull in after hours and pay the next day as well.

oh sh*t...$99- in that case yeah I'm all for it. I thought it was gonna be like $100. :beercheers::beercheers: j/k

It looks like I'll probably be rollin into the parking lot w/ mine. :rockon:

oh sh*t...$99- in that case yeah I'm all for it. I thought it was gonna be like $100. :rockon::rockon: j/k

It looks like I'll probably be rollin into the parking lot w/ mine. :dunno:

Thats too much money , hell i'd rather just walk a lil farther than to blow a 100 bucks , im headin out friday after work :laughing:

Wanna real ripoff! The arse-hats at UNLV tickets want $3.75 per ticket and pit pass to order the crap on the phone or via the web. The later can't be done because the moorn's have had a broken website for a week now.

Now I have to drive to Thomas and Mack to buy the tickets for my friends. I am cimitted this year but I think next year I'll do something else.

We sat in the most expensive section last year and watched as there was zero control over where people sat or had access too. This year we were comped GA tickets by one of the event sponsors otherwise we would have bought GA.

We sat in the most expensive section last year and watched as there was zero control over where people sat or had access too. This year we were comped GA tickets by one of the event sponsors otherwise we would have bought GA.

I'm ok with paying for assigned seating. I'm at the very top and will happily tell some effer to move their butts outta my seat!! :chev_bowtie:

Seems like I'm doing that every year for the cup event anyhow...... :chev_bowtie: