SECURITY

~JILL~

Just curious as to what people have done to their homes and other property-haulers, cars, trucks,bikes what ever. Do you use bars on your house? Security company? Baseball bat? Cameras? Film on the windows, Or even built a cage around your house?

Edited by ~JILL~

well lets see. My neighborhood is not bad with very little crime within my aera. But I have Bars on all windows in my back yard and I also have four cameras two in front one on the side and one in the back yard. With color and night vision. Never had a problem in the 5 years I have lived here. I also Have the house alarm with all sensors in the doors and windows but have not subscribed to the service.

Just curious as to what people have done to their homes and other property-haulers, cars, trucks,bikes what ever. Do you use bars on your house? Security company? Baseball bat? Cameras? Film on the windows, Or even built a cage around your house?

Got a couple of these, and some cameras

:ah:

post-1333-1235418765_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1235419257_thumb.jpg

post-1333-1235419364_thumb.jpg

well lets see. My neighborhood is not bad with very little crime within my aera. But I have Bars on all windows in my back yard and I also have four cameras two in front one on the side and one in the back yard. With color and night vision. Never had a problem in the 5 years I have lived here. I also Have the house alarm with all sensors in the doors and windows but have not subscribed to the service.

I did't mention I also just brought a new member to the family, 10 week old German sheppard. Damn dog wont stop chewing on everything.. :beercheers:

Thats part of what I'd like to find out is about the security systems,by the time the security guys finally get to your house it'll more than likely already been ransacked the thieves have already been in and out the system doesn't alert the cops. It would be great if someone broke a window or broke the door down and some god awful train horns went off and woke the whole neighborhood up.

Thats part of what I'd like to find out is about the security systems,by the time the security guys finally get to your house it'll more than likely already been ransacked the thieves have already been in and out the system doesn't alert the cops. It would be great if someone broke a window or broke the door down and some god awful train horns went off and woke the whole neighborhood up.

costco has a nice 4 camera security system for 500 bucks right now.

we have a house alarm, 2 dogs that bark at their own farts, guns throughout the house within easy reach (for me, not the kid) if something goes down, and im in different parts of the house, a lot of cops and ex cops in my neighborhood, and the sheriffs helicoptor pilot is my neighbor, and does a nightly flyover

costco has a nice 4 camera security system for 500 bucks right now.

we have a house alarm, 2 dogs that bark at their own farts, guns throughout the house within easy reach (for me, not the kid) if something goes down, and im in different parts of the house.

a lot of cops and ex cops in my neighborhood, and the sheriffs helicoptor pilot is my neighbor, and does a nightly flyover

Guns are all good dogs are good too as well as security cameras that doesn't really help much if your gone. By the time you even find out it's a done deal, right?

Body disposal no problem, got the pig farm accross town or the crusher here at work.

Edited by ~JILL~

My dog can shoot yo!

j/k, I see your point. Luckily I live in a decent neighborhood and have reliable friendly neighbors. We inquire if someone looks out of the ordinary and we know the other neighbor isn't home. Haven't have any problems in a few years now. Knock on wood.

My dog can shoot yo!

j/k, I see your point. Luckily I live in a decent neighborhood and have reliable friendly neighbors. We inquire if someone looks out of the ordinary and we know the other neighbor isn't home. Haven't have any problems in a few years now. Knock on wood.

We live in a decent neighborhood too but lately some crap has been going on and I have a funny feeling that a couple neighbor kids or at least one I know of has been a little suspicious. 2 houses broken into the only thing they are taking is the old guys (there are quit a few around me) pain pills and what ever money has been left around. t.v's stero's that kind of stuff hasn't been touched. I would just like to insure that they don't even get in.

We have great neighbors too we all look out for one another but we have to sleep sometime. And then when we are out of town my eyes are bad enough but even worse all the way from the dunes to home.

Edited by ~JILL~

Well obviously i have a couple of home defense weapons, shot gun, .40 cal just incase you miss, you dont go through every wall in your house, now you run after being caught well a nice .416 will catch ya :beerpint::beercheers:

CCTV is a must. Just remember when buying CCTV, you get what you pay for, most of the bulk camera kits come with very bad video quality cameras. I bought a recorder at costco wich came with cameras for around 1,300. Lorex Technologies. The recorder is great, plus it offers DDNS service which means you can view yoru cameras from any were if you have some networking skills. For cameras i went with Everfocus 520TVL hi res color cameras with EMI enclousures, very nice cameras with adjustable lenses and light, plus VERY rugged out door housings. For video cable and power cable since some cables are longer that 100feet, I used shielded RG59 (old cable company cable, not the new fancy stuff for satelite dishes.) I have mine set up so when i leave the house, if the cameras i have set sense movement, it will email a picture to my cell phone immediately. If you have wired a home entertainment system, you can do you own professional CCTV system, I built my entire 8 camera system for roughly 2,000 and it gives me some peice of mind especially when you are away from home. The hardest part is routing the cable though the plenum of your house, and then making the BNC connections. If any one needs any advise or tips on how to install, let me know, i dont do this for a living but have a vast amount of knowledge of it.

And if the SHTF.... avoid my house :D:beerpint:

guns%20293sm.jpg

:beercheers:

:?: If the SHTF I'll be diving into your house! Your supply and my skills, hell, we'll be the last men standing. I'll bring my own mini arsenal of course but it sure looks like you already have a few hours worth of survival equipment.

Our alarm has a speaker mounted outside and if it goes off it does wake up the entire neighborhood and the neighbors do come running and they are also armed :beercheers: . We are friendly with most of the neighbors and we all look out for eachother, but it is a quiet low crime neighborhood.

Guns are all good dogs are good too as well as security cameras that doesn't really help much if your gone. By the time you even find out it's a done deal, right?

Body disposal no problem, got the pig farm accross town or the crusher here at work.

isnt that why we all pay fuggin HOMO....NERS insurance for? :thumb:

isnt that why we all pay fuggin HOMO....NERS insurance for? :thumb:

Once again the home owners is after the fact. Id' like to see them kept out not sit and watch what had already happened while I was gone.

I'm gonna dig a mote and put gators in it!

:?: If the SHTF I'll be diving into your house! Your supply and my skills, hell, we'll be the last men standing. I'll bring my own mini arsenal of course but it sure looks like you already have a few hours worth of survival equipment.

Thats just the upper shelves. :beerpint:

guns%20219sm.jpg

and

guns%20218sm.jpg

I'd say I'm fairly well stocked........ for now :thumb: