Hello from St A's

~JILL~

Be sure to post up some more pics as you're enjoying your stay. And be safe. I was just there this past Labor Day and several very serious injuries took place. The place is beyond awesome though. Wish it was closer to SoCal.

Hit up that ice cave if you're looking to do something really COOL!

Don't forget to snatch up a pizza bomb out at Big J's. If it's good for Napolean it's good for us common folk...

post-1152-1242779721_thumb.jpg

post-1152-1242779812_thumb.jpg

post-1152-1242779892_thumb.jpg

Will add more as the days go. So far having a great time. The wind really sucks here today, got lots of movies though. I thought Coral Pink had some drop offs they are nothing compared to here. At least at this end there are some big drop offs but the closer to Egin Lake the smaller the drop offfs and the bigger the dunes.

We'll be here at the resort till Monday and then move down to the other end.

Right on Jill. :MBdance:

Them dunes are extremely inviting. I'm just sittin' here JONEZZZIN' :flatbiller:

NOW I need to occupy my brain on a VCR or some chit like dat. :lol:

We need more pics. Come-on Come-on!

:dope:

R-

Have fun and be safe. :mc::mc:

I like the traveling DDR sticker!! Thats AWESOME! I wonder where it will appear next... :dope:

A friend of mine started doing that with a gnome.. long before travelocity did!!

Edited by sand chick

I love this place... We are heading out June 30th for 5 or 6 days.. I cant wait. Except that Im not looking forward to the drive. At least gas isnt 5 bucks a gallon like last summer... :dope:

Jill, I have always stayed at Sandhills resort but am thinking about the blm campground next time. Can you get info for me on how it is and how you make reservations, prices etc. BTW the drop offs are really only on the way back from the big dunes so you hit them when you're really tired:)

Jill, I have always stayed at Sandhills resort but am thinking about the blm campground next time. Can you get info for me on how it is and how you make reservations, prices etc. BTW the drop offs are really only on the way back from the big dunes so you hit them when you're really tired:)

Terry we are at Sandhills now but will be moving up to Egin Lake BLM campground. I don't know about reservations but will find out for you then. Charlie and I took a ride down there the other day, no grass but all are gravel lots with really nice covered picnic tables. They only thing they do have is 30 & 50 amp service, no water hook ups and have a dump station only. From what we saw it was well maintained. They also have a little store someone opened called the Pit Stop, they have some buggy and bike parts in there as well as ice, soda, ice cream etc. The prices are: A- lots (extra large lots) $60 B-lots $30 which we are getting, good size and your not butted up to someone else. Then the C-lots $25 which are pretty tight for bigger rigs. hope this helps.

Our little side trip today.

post-1152-1242954348_thumb.jpg

post-1152-1242954455_thumb.jpg

post-1152-1242954749_thumb.jpg

Jill, those are some really good pics, what kind of camera do you use? It nails the white balance & exposure and has good color. :beercheers:

Oh yeah, you catch any flies?

Edited by RUn2it

Jill, those are some really good pics, what kind of camera do you use? It nails the white balance & exposure and has good color. :beercheers:

Oh yeah, you catch any flies?

My little kodak easy share camera (10 Mega pixels) turn it on look at the back and push the button. Thats all I know how to do. I did have some better pixs of the buffalo I'll have to figure out latter how to post them.

Yup I caught some flies alright. right next to the buffalo pooh and the elk pooh.