25 yr old Dumont pics

RUn2it

I love it. I always dig old dune pictures. :laughoff:

I love the 3 wheeler rider climbing comp leaning over the bars. :atc: :laughoff:

and the atc must be an '83 or older, has the same tire on all 3 wheels.

You can see a couple dirt roads heading east in the 1 pic, use to go over to the sand & rock mountain in the distance.

yeah! Finally pic of the old Comp hill. Looks like theres a Water Pumper in there too. Hill Climbs?

I think I saw you in one of those pics... sry LOL

Thanks for sharing those cool pics..... :laughoff:

:laughoff:

It doesnt even look like banshee hill is there!!! crazy how much a giant pile of sand can change in 25 years...

Banshee Hill would be around the dune to the left in the first pic.

It is crazy how much the sand dunes change over time, but I was actually suprised how similar they look in those pics compared to now.

Banshee Hill would be around the dune to the left in the first pic.

It is crazy how much the sand dunes change over time, but I was actually suprised how similar they look in those pics compared to now.

Some areas have stayed the same for a long time then start changing and don't stop, like the big bowl at the upper left of this pic, it was that way till about 6 years ago now it's up-down-sideways there. The top left edge of that bowl is the dividing point at the top of comp. And that use to be a big atc track by the big dunes.

post-1632-1243992873_thumb.jpg

Some areas have stayed the same for a long time then start changing and don't stop, like the big bowl at the upper left of this pic, it was that way till about 6 years ago now it's up-down-sideways there. The top left edge of that bowl is the dividing point at the top of comp. And that use to be a big atc track by the big dunes.

Holy...

That doesn't even look like Dumont!!

Well what area am I looking at??

Bathroom 5 would be to the left of the lower left corner of Lee's pic. Looks like the pic was taken from a hang glider around the B11 area of the grid map.

grid-map.jpg

The only thing that really looks different to me in that pic is that big bowl is now WAY bigger. :laughoff:

Bathroom 5 would be to the left of the lower left corner of Lee's pic. Looks like the pic was taken from a hang glider around the B11 area of the grid map.

The only thing that really looks different to me in that pic is that big bowl is now WAY bigger. :laughoff:

:drunk: OK so Mike explained it and I was right on where I thought it was..

It just looks different.. that big bowl isn't quite the same and thats what was throwing me off..

:laughoff: OK so Mike explained it and I was right on where I thought it was..

It just looks different.. that big bowl isn't quite the same and thats what was throwing me off..

well same area in the pic I suppose, just a different camera angle.

Now that I look at it more, those ridges coming down the dunes look like they have gotten a bit more smooth over the years too.

Well what area am I looking at??

This one?

post-2396-1243996824_thumb.jpg

It just has different lines. Not the ones I am used to looking at..

I need a now and then!!

Easier to type on the pic. To see the scale of how big the dunes are look at the cable from the red part of the wing, follow it down almost to the ATC track and the specks to the right are bikes/atvs, and the SEAL looks like he's going into the dunes but he's actually landing below me west (outside) OF THE 2ND SANDBAR.

post-1632-1244016174_thumb.jpg

sandbars = finger dunes? right Lee?

does anyone have any pics with the entrance to comp sealed off before they opened it up?

crazy how the bottom of comp wasnt all dug out and whooped...and pretty muc flat all the way across...

over the summer, mother nature does repair them, but also changes them a tiny bit each year.