dumont accident

mex450

so sunday morning my buddy jj, joe, my cousin arturo, and me eric, went to dumont

got there about 7 am we decided to go to the north pole ,we were there for about 10 minutes and me and arturo were in my rzr s going back to comp hill in the flats cought a 3 foot drop off and rollen forward at least 3 X's landed upright ..me i was ok just a little scrape in my forhead, arturo got messed up cracked his head open, sprained his right arm, heavy bleeding from his head ,but we didnt panic we took proper steps in calling for help ,the ambulance took him to puhrump hospital .. but to make a long story short he is doing fine nothing's broken.. 9 staples on top of his head.. but were alive and good...

guys be careful..

eric amezquita....... :beercheers:

Edited by mex450

Charlie came home sunday and told me about the roll over, He was the one sitting on the hill with one of you guys waiting for the ambulance. Glad to hear he was OK Charlie said it was a pretty good gash. The roll bar didn't fair so well though.

Glad to hear everyone was ok after a little medical attention. Could have been worse. During the Night drags Me and my bro went for a ride and he hit a 3 ft drop off just before the lip of a razor. The Handelbars bent 45* into his chest. knocked the wind and everything else out of him. Had the handle bar indentation for two weeks with pretty good gash. Guess a Chest protector would have helped. When you ride by you would never even notice the drop off was there until you Hit it. Summer time is definitely a dangerous time to run the Dunes. :worthless_without_pics:

That sucks. I know what it's like to roll over. I did at glamis in my buddies turbo subie 4 seater off a dropoff into a 100' bowl. None of us got hurt luckily.

Ever since then and more and more lately, I think I will be wearing a helmet and maybe even the chest protector if I ever got a side x side.

Edited by ltr450rider

Wow, glad you guys are ok. My dad almost broke his leg one year in Winchester bay, Oregon. He was just riding along at a good pace, I was following him, then he just dropped off out of sight. He launched off a 25 ft drop. Its a very odd thing, those optical illusions. Before he dove off it looked like a long flat straight stretch. Winchester Bay is a very technical place to ride, BIG dunes but not for beginners. Glad everyone in your party was okay.

Glad to hear you guys are ok. Did you have a stock rollcage?

i had the stock rollcage but it did its job!! any body have any recomendations on a shop for a new rollcage? :worthless_without_pics:

Edited by mex450