Dumont Entrance Road

The condition of the entrance road on off weekends is just terrible.

There has to be something that can be done.

It's gotten so bad that I hesitate to go anymore. I went out this weekend and when leaving on Saturday morning I broke two leaf springs on my Toy Hauler. An 11 hour fix and a drive to Barstow to get the springs.

I am well below the weight limit on my trailer and was doing 10 MPH. Something really needs to be done IMHO!

The ground up asphalt did nothing to improve the condition of the road. :DDRrocks: :pumpkin:

Edited by SANDAWG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The road has broken My fabtech shock hoops 3 times since last spring. I was also driving 10 mph on all occasions. I ended up going to a single shock set up and that seems to be doing ok. It does suck but I will not stop going because of it. I am sorry to hear about your trailer Pat. I really hope they grade it well before Halloween or the road will be littered with broken vehicles and trailers.

sorry about that pat,bob just told me what happened with you and himself

i hope i dont have the same fate next weekend.

with everything i have done to my buggy.

i will be sure to check my springs as to wear before i leave vegas.

i still hope you decide to go this next weekend.

we will have 4 campers in the group this time.

:DDRrocks:

Wow!! How bad could it be?

Im going to be driving a 34' A MoHo with a 16' trailer out there wed... Dont want to break anything just driving there...

WTF!!

Last weekend and this weekend I had to drive 10mph in and out, and when I get home I have to walk all around my trlr tightening screws and I have darn near a thousand to check because I was too cheap to get the smooth sided trlr style.

I had to remove light bulbs from fixtures to keep them from breaking and I had to use expandable handware to refasten my ceiling ligh fixtures to keep them from crashing to the floor.

It's truly what comes out of a cows a**!

Last weekend and this weekend I had to drive 10mph in and out, and when I get home I have to walk all around my trlr tightening screws and I have darn near a thousand to check because I was too cheap to get the smooth sided trlr style.

I had to remove light bulbs from fixtures to keep them from breaking and I had to use expandable handware to refasten my ceiling ligh fixtures to keep them from crashing to the floor.

It's truly what comes out of a cows a**!

Well... Im glad our funds are working for us... Bike sticker fees, Blm pass fees, reg fees... Whatever..

Guess we will take it real slow.

The last time I took the MoHo slow on that road there was a couple of trucks pulling their toyhaulers at "Mach 1" behind us till they got to us than it was a horn war....

Maybe the road will graded next week.

The road has broken My fabtech shock hoops 3 times since last spring. I was also driving 10 mph on all occasions. I ended up going to a single shock set up and that seems to be doing ok. It does suck but I will not stop going because of it. I am sorry to hear about your trailer Pat. I really hope they grade it well before Halloween or the road will be littered with broken vehicles and trailers.

Its worse then Cane Bed Road now! :ban-split: Its the worst I have ever seen it.

post-2396-1256560407_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1256560440_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1256560468_thumb.jpg

OH SNAP!!!!!! Literally. That sucks!! Effin road.

A special Thanks to MDTHLFA who refused to leave me there and lost a day , when he had issues of his own and should have gone home to handle them.

It all turned out OK with his tools and knowledge and we had a fun evening when it was fixed. A very late night, but fun none the less!!!!! Thanks again Bob!!!!

The comment I used all day is the condition of the road was "Criminal"!!!!!

maybe we could start a dumont entrance road fund?

duners can donate to it to save up to have the road paved

Don't we spend enough already?????

My main b*itch is I pay for a pass for the year with big weekends. If I only went on the big weekends when they do grade it, it would be fine, I guess. But I am fortunate to be able to go anytime I want to and like to go a couple of days before they grade for the big weekends and on off weekends.. How does that work for me and others that think the same. There were quite a few people there this last weekend!! What about them too!

I'm done...... :laughing::shocked::coocoo::ban-split::MBdance::ban-split:

It probably won't change......

That's a shame, all those "improvements" $$$$$$$$$$$$ and a ROAD like that!!!!!! It's 2009 not 1935.

"of the people by the people and for the people" :nuts: !!!! :rockwoot:

but the rangers sure do have a nice area .........

Right!.....How do they do dat??????? O yeh, it's different funds...grants!!!! :rockwoot:

Dust????The city of Henderson paved our roads for free because of the dust. How about a Grant from the new Gov't :shocked: for dust abatement and the safety issue. Yup, that's da ticket!!! :ban-split::ban-split: :stir: :laughing::MBdance:

Don't we spend enough already?????

My main b*itch is I pay for a pass for the year with big weekends. If I only went on the big weekends when they do grade it, it would be fine, I guess. But I am fortunate to be able to go anytime I want to and like to go a couple of days before they grade for the big weekends and on off weekends.. How does that work for me and others that think the same. There were quite a few people there this last weekend!! What about them too!

I'm done...... :laughing::shocked::coocoo::ban-split::MBdance::ban-split:

It probably won't change......

That's a shame, all those "improvements" $$$$$$$$$$$$ and a ROAD like that!!!!!! It's 2009 not 1935.

"of the people by the people and for the people" :nuts: !!!! :rockwoot:

Yep the road wont be the same since Don the camp host wont be there anymore.

He would run the grader down it from time to time because thats what he did before he was retired

Yep the road wont be the same since Don the camp host wont be there anymore.

He would run the grader down it from time to time because thats what he did before he was retired

Don and Elen were there already on Saturday when we got there. They will have to leave every 14 days now.

They seemed fine and are off to the left at the top of the hill as you come in on the infamous entrance road on to the flats across from the "Trump" Ranger site.

Stop by and say HI and let them know how we feel about them being gone as Hosts now!!! They have a White Jeep now and if that's there they are!

Here is some good news.. :MBdance:

If this road is a San Bernardino County Maintained road you can go after the county for damage to your property...

A county matained dirt road must be reasonabily smooth and be able to be driven at 15 MPH or better. I just found this in the county web site.

If this dirt road way does not have a large yellow sign that states it is NOT a maintained road than it is a maintained road and any reasonable maintance is to be done by the county road departments. Their is a county road department yard just out side of baker on 127. Its the chain link fenced yard with the orange trucks and yellow graders.

Check into it on line... You may have to play their game but it may work out in your favor...

:ban-split:

Edited by Dune Family

Here is some good news.. :ban-split:

If this road is a San Bernardino County Maintained road you can go after the county for damage to your property...

A county matained dirt road must be reasonabily smooth and be able to be driven at 15 MPH or better. I just found this in the county web site.

If this dirt road way does not have a large yellow sign that states it is NOT a maintained road than it is a maintained road and any reasonable maintance is to be done by the county road departments. Their is a county road department yard just out side of baker on 127. Its the chain link fenced yard with the orange trucks and yellow graders.

Check into it on line... You may have to play their game but it may work out in your favor...

That would be nice but I think the road is BLM..But, I don't know. It's worth checking out!!! I don't remember ever seeing that type of sign though.

As for grading before Friday when people are coming in I doubt it!!! Who knows.??

:MBdance:

Maybe YNOT knows the answer to that question!

That would be nice but I think the road is BLM..But, I don't know. It's worth checking out!!! I don't remember ever seeing that type of sign though.

As for grading before Friday when people are coming in I doubt it!!! Who knows.??

Maybe YNOT knows the answer to that question!

sent this to blm today, here is my question and their answer under it. It is a BLM road by the way.

I know there were plans to grade the road before next weekend but after

hearing complaints and after driving it this weekend It is going to take a

lot of work to get that road to a "B" as it is probably in the worst shape

I have seen it in for the last 10 years.It's going to be at leat least a

cpl days of grading maybe more to get somewhat smoother. At 10 MPH I still

have to go back to the dentist to get my fillings redone. It's pretty rough

and wash board the whole way.

Terry

Thanks Terry. We just had our grader repaired and delivered. The

operations crew is out there this week and hopefully they can get that B

Road back.

Roxie C. Trost

Field Manager

Barstow Field Office

Thanks Terry. We just had our grader repaired and delivered. The

operations crew is out there this week and hopefully they can get that B

Road back.

Roxie C. Trost

Field Manager

Barstow Field Office

Thanks for your help Terry! Is there anything that can be done to maintain it throughout the year so it doesn't get this way?? I'm not ungrateful for what they are doing now or what you have already done.....but there is an issue for off big weekend users! We do have to purchase the pass for the entire year and would hope to have a better access road for those frequent off holiday weekend trips!!

Thanks again!! :ban-split: